"Wolf" and script immunity ***SPOILERS***

Started by Porkus Maximus, Jan 03, 2008, 04:54:38 PM

Author
"Wolf" and script immunity ***SPOILERS*** (Read 4,080 times)

Biz

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Jan 03, 2008, 04:54:38 PM
Sewer fight -  Gets jumped by 2 Aliens who flail around and are completely useless.  After being smashed into/through a wall by the Predalien and getting covered in rubble the Aliens... run away?  The Predalien just layed the smackdown on the Predator and it... RUNS AWAY?!

I guess you missed the fact that there was a giant pile of cement and rubble between Wolf and the aliens. Besides, The Predalien got in a cheap shot from behind. Its mission is survival, not a showdown with whatever competition comes along.

I understand if you are disappointed or the movie is not what you wanted it to be, but not everything is as you make it out to be.

Porkus Maximus

QuoteI guess you missed the fact that there was a giant pile of cement and rubble between Wolf and the aliens.

Both creatures were smashing through cement and rubble like it was wet paper in this movie.  Allowing the Predator to live seems pretty counter productive to the Alien's efforts for survival wouldn't you say?

yautjarod

I'm very disapointed with the medkit scene .... was too short and wolf didn't use more med devices ... I was expected something like Predator 2 or better. Shame.

Horhey

Horhey

Quote from: Aeus on Jan 03, 2008, 07:45:55 PM
Hopefully the extended edition will provide me with the rest of those fight scenes.

You were looking for more Combi and Wristblade action too huh. I was. I know he was blasting them with plasma to kill them quick, but they could've made a few more melee fights when they were close to him. His melee weapons are more effective than plasma when they're within striking distance anyways. Like when he slams the Alien against the wall and shoots him in the head instead of cutting it's head off. That was a waste. Also when he pins another Alien on the ground and punches it with his Wristblades RETRACTED and then shoves the blue liquid in it's mouth. Well, atleast he didnt shoot it.

Stalker

Stalker

One thing I found amusing was that he unloaded his entire arsenal of weapons onto the predalien...the combistick & whip, which were both completely useless, yet when he used his bare hands, he managed to severely wound it, tearing out its inner jaw.

As far as The Wolf dominating the aliens, it was a completely plausible situation, he was an experienced hunter kitted up from head to toe with weaponry, of course he was going to tear the aliens apart. Some of the scenes were obviously exaggerated though, such as the aliens not clawing him or stabbing him with their tails while he was holding them by the throats in the sewer.

Horhey

Quote from: Stalker on Jan 04, 2008, 05:24:19 PM
One thing I found amusing was that he unloaded his entire arsenal of weapons onto the predalien...the combistick & whip, which were both completely useless, yet when he used his bare hands, he managed to severely wound it, tearing out its inner jaw.

As far as The Wolf dominating the aliens, it was a completely plausible situation, he was an experienced hunter kitted up from head to toe with weaponry, of course he was going to tear the aliens apart. Some of the scenes were obviously exaggerated though, such as the aliens not clawing him or stabbing him with their tails while he was holding them by the throats in the sewer.

Yea, just a little bit of PIS (plot induced stupidity) there. That was just a flawed way of establishing Wolf as a bad ass along with Chet. You get alot of that kind of thing in comics, so Im used to it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed