*Video* Angry Joe's Aliens Vs Predator Review

Started by AngryJoeShow, Feb 19, 2010, 11:09:52 PM

Author
*Video* Angry Joe's Aliens Vs Predator Review (Read 17,404 times)

AngryJoeShow

Hey Guys Joe Again,
Just wrapped up editing and posting my Angry Review of Aliens vs Predator, the follow up to my preview video as well as the Ben Reeves at G.I. is an idiot thread: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=29038.45

So did the actual game end up being as boring and bland as Ben Reeve from G.I. said (and gamespot). Heres my Take!

Angry Review: Aliens Vs Predator
http://angryjoeshow.com/?p=6514

Angry Joe Reviews the Newest Aliens Vs Predator Game. Does it have more in common with the Terrible Movies or the Nostalgic Games? And could there be enough room for New Alien Types, Danny Glover and Arnold Schwarzenegger?!?

Angry Joe
  >:(

cloverfan98

Awesome man! I started watching your reviews a while ago, and I have to say they rock!

Huol

Why would you want Iron sights in this game?

They'd be useless.

VEF214

Quote from: Huol on Feb 19, 2010, 11:29:27 PM

They'd be useless.

I don't understand why people obsess over this.

First Blood

Nice review Joe. Very insightful and funny.

Regarding the iron sights, I would have liked them to be in the game. Even if players didn't want to use them, they still should have been there for those who did want to use them.

Huol

Pulse rifles dont even have iron sights, the marines fire from the hip.

First Blood

:D

I didn't know that. Guess they don't teach marksmanship in the future.  ;)

|ES|REDRUM|LDR|

CoD players really need to give up on the ironsights.  AvP has never had ironsights and you really dont need them.   The PR has practically no recoil and a monster clip and does huge damage at long range. 

This is AvP- the marine is not supposed to be a CoD4/MW2 Rambo run n gunner.  He's supposed to be scared, in the dark, relying on his wits, his tracker and his weapons.

xboxgamer4life

no iron sights but like halo. where it zooms in and the camera gets closer to the gun

Puks

Nice review. I don't agree with all of it, but I agree with your final score. 7/10 seems appropriate.

hardwired

hardwired

Quote from: Huol on Feb 19, 2010, 11:29:27 PM

They'd be useless.

Bullshit. Sorry, but thats absolutly nonsense. I have to say that, without the intention to afront you or anybody else.

Any kind of action to increase the accuracy would be definitly usefull, specially on larger maps, where you dont have to worry that 10 enemys are permanently around you or you got mates, that protect you, if you are soooo afraid to get killed by using it (people who want something like that usually arent).

No matter, if ironsight or another action, like hold the gun a bit higher and move (and aim) less fast but you can shoot more precise, it would expand the gameplay (like ravenshield maybe?  ???).
At least it would be good, if it would make a difference if you walk or crouch, to increase the accuracy (with a changing crosshair, like in the AJL-Mod for AVP2). And there are many more reason crouch would be pretty good for rine or predator, it can even safe your life (specially if you or your enemy are on different levels of the map), besides you are a smaller target (i recognized that at least in AVP too).

The firing out of the hip is a relict of movies from the eightys and arcady videogames.
In Aliens it would still make sense, cause the aliens were allready pretty near, as the rines started firing.
But its ridicilious, that a trained marine cant fully use a assault rife.
Overall you can have different opinions, if AVP should be more based on arcady games or reality (i mean the real reality or the one from modern movies  ;D).
But there is definitly room for a more complex marinegameplay, so crouch is still essential and more then one accuracylevel would be a improvement, like the sprintkey.
After all i would be happy with a compromise, so you primary use firing from the hip in melee or if the enemys is not very distant.

You specially recognize the limitations from the rines, if you fight other rines (something i liked in AVP2 AJL).
Its a waste of potential and the game would still be far from being an "simulator".

[I dont play COD, Halo and Gears only sometimes.]

BTW: I still have to wait a little bit for my copy, but i would like to see videos from other (bigger) maps , specially one in the AVP-Movie-pyramid. Can someone help me?

Fatal Facepalm

Good review, agree with most of it. Idk bout the iron sights thing but maybe it'll get added next time eh

TJ Doc

Joe! I thought you'd forgotten about us! Come on in and... oh, he's gone.  :-[

CocaColaMan

CocaColaMan

Very good review I agree with joe they need to evolve the AvP franchice.. this game goes to show they have very high potential of making a game of the year.:
:)
And making AvP a gamers #1must have, without having to mention those AvP movies!

Porkus Maximus

Considering Joe seems to be such a fan of the multiplayer, I was surprised that he didn't comment on the lack of dedicated servers, which really hamstrings the experience.  Other than that I found the review to be quite balanced and fair, and I agree with the overall score.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed