Full Trailer Online (Cam recording)

Started by ikarop, Dec 21, 2011, 02:02:28 AM

Author
Full Trailer Online (Cam recording) (Read 70,182 times)

JKS1

JKS1

Quote from: matisian on Dec 21, 2011, 12:30:48 PM
Quote from: psychonaut25 on Dec 21, 2011, 12:26:09 PM
I'm very excited about the movie, but this "mutation/zombie" thing makes it a bit hillarious....I hope :fingers crossed: that it will be different than we thought today...

Maybe it want be just a simple "mutation" but the result of unsuccessful medical experiments made by SJ while trying to achieve an Alien form

Thats way too close to A:R territory for me

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

QuoteWhat if this head thing is to flat to be a real SJ's head, but suitable enough to become his helmet? When a creature (or somebody) wears it on, it attains the actual voluminous shape.

But the Jockey didn't wear any such thing in the chair. Also, the director is claiming, in interviews, that the Jockey is the suit. Why would you wear one organic 'helmet' over the other? Unless you're thinking that this is meant to be like rubber and it doesn't give me that impression, at all.

If it is meant to be the Jockey, I can't say I'm a fan of this version. It looks like a cartoon version of the more realistic original.

QuoteSumming up everything, hypothesized above, to get the well-known original Space Jockey in the derelict's chair, we need some crew member to grow quickly and in non-human way and then to don that hosed costume :-) (Even don't know, whether I'm joking or not this time)  :)

Or not... Because if that's meant to be the big, supposedly amazing secret in this film, it's going to be a bit of a disappointment, no?

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 21, 2011, 10:08:23 AM
So Ash made a mistake , the SJ race was not so good at all to leave a warning for foreigners....the one who left the message was a human (: but why?

Ash didn't claim any such thing. The Nostromo's computer, 'Mother', translated it to be such.

And we have no idea if this film will have anything to do with the same derelict we saw in the original film. Others have pointed out that the gap of time would be too small for those fossilised remains to be all which are found.

Also, if it's mere decades apart, you're going to be left wondering why the derelict's Alien didn't just come after the Nostromo crew and paste them to the walls.

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 21, 2011, 11:24:15 AM
Guys, just accept it THERE IS AN ACTUAL MUTATION IN THE MOVIE!!! ::) :P

I'm finding this idea less and less interesting, but have just figured out why... It would mean it's essentially the same as the plot to 'The Cave' and 'The Descent' and ended up making the creatures in them less intriguing as a result.

Watch those films, then watch 'Alien' and ask yourself which of the two seemed more frightening.

Personally, I think that if they make it a 'the monsters are us' thing, it's going to massively devalue Ash's famous speech and why it was so powerful. I know that these are meant to be different creatures, but if the original's story conveyed the message of how something truly alien, in every way, was what made it powerful, then this could feel like the lesser product.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Ha! I got it!
The smaller SJ is the SJ and the bigger SJ is its suit.
So they basicly look the same on the inside and the outside!!!!!!

nah..seriously...
There were two different scales used while filming ALIEN.
Jockey:kids
Jockey:adults
I guess they settled for the Jockey:adults scale.

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Dec 21, 2011, 12:18:18 PM
Quote from: szkoki on Dec 21, 2011, 12:05:17 PMbah but its the same guy with the strange hair that in the 1st or 2nd teaser and his head is clearly mutated -.-

MIGHT be the same guy. And he MIGHT be mutated. It is interesting that he is not wearing a helmet while the person he is jumping onto is.

-Chris
look http://www.avpgalaxy.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=281&pid=18368#top_display_media
what do you think who is in the flames? his helmet will be burned down

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 21, 2011, 12:37:49 PM

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 21, 2011, 10:08:23 AM
So Ash made a mistake , the SJ race was not so good at all to leave a warning for foreigners....the one who left the message was a human (: but why?

Ash didn't claim any such thing. The Nostromo's computer, 'Mother', translated it to be such.

And we have no idea if this film will have anything to do with the same derelict we saw in the original film. Others have pointed out that the gap of time would be too small for those fossilised remains to be all which are found.

Also, if it's mere decades apart, you're going to be left wondering why the derelict's Alien didn't just come after the Nostromo crew and paste them to the walls.

he said in the book

This movie looks set to be a visual masterpiece at the very least. Almost every scene in that trailer is iconic.

Vulhala

I'm seriously excited now.

ThisBethesdaSea

Xenomorphine....again, I don't follow. You insist that the alien creature itself can still be scary if utilized correctly, and then you suggest that human mutation will only be a let down because of its pervasive use throughout science fiction films? Why can it not be made fresh and new, unique and exciting in PROMETHEUS? If the alien can still be scary, so can mutation.

hardcorps54

Quote from: LarsVader on Dec 21, 2011, 12:41:05 PM

nah..seriously...
There were two different scales used while filming ALIEN.
Jockey:kids
Jockey:adults
I guess they settled for the Jockey:adults scale.

i said that ages ago ,  like the idea of them being massive better  , i do love how this trailer has done nothin but raise more questions then any actual answers, i do have the feeling tho that this film is not gonna be what alien fans are really after , i think if we take it as a stand alone film then it will probably be very enjoyable but to think of it as a prequel as sorts will leave most disappointed .

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 21, 2011, 12:37:49 PMAnd we have no idea if this film will have anything to do with the same derelict we saw in the original film. Others have pointed out that the gap of time would be too small for those fossilised remains to be all which are found.

Not sold on the gap of time. It is assumed by various characters that the derelict is old, but nothing about the derelict itself guarantees this idea. If the Space Jockey as we have seen was the skeletal remains of a fully fleshed out being, then thirty years dead in a chair could easily account for the 'corpse' that we see. The fact of it being fossilised is implied.

And now we have it from the horse's mouth that the Jockey that we know is a suit.

-Chris

szkoki

szkoki

who thinks mutation cant be upsetting its obvious you have not watched any movies that worth to mention

eg.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K11Zm8nenRg#ws

and you get it wrong the mutant wont be a bad guy/monster imo just a victim

ChrisPachi

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 21, 2011, 12:45:14 PMwhat do you think who is in the flames? his helmet will be burned down

You lost me there.

-Chris

P.S. Eeewwww @ The Fly 2

Infected

Quote from: Engineer1 on Dec 21, 2011, 03:49:02 AM
I was wrong (so wrong ^^) the starmap room IS the room that houses the pilot chair.
The starmap room console platform opens and the chair comesout of it.
Whoever is the character on the right (original Engineer, reborn engineer or mutated human), he's not a regular sized human.
Take for reference the human seen on the console of the starmap room in the hologram shot.

This may be the jockey without the suit. and he looks a lot like the other photo with his hair and torn up suit standing in front of Ridley.

Engineer1

Engineer1

Quote from: St_Eddie on Dec 21, 2011, 11:25:11 AM
I was wrong (so wrong ^^) the starmap room IS the room that houses the pilot chair.
Whoever is the character on the right (original Engineer, reborn engineer or mutated human), he's not a regular sized human.
Take for reference the human seen on the console of the starmap room in the hologram shot.

My goodness, that's some good detective work.  Well done.

I'd say that's our first glimpse of the engineer.

You're welcome  :)
Can't wait to see that in HD.

Quote from: Space Jockey King on Dec 21, 2011, 11:27:26 AM
"I'd say that's our first glimpse of the engineer."
If your on about the person on the right it looks more human than a alien being...

Well since the Head statue is supposed to be the Engineer it's no surprise no?
Also a part from his size, his face doesnt look completely human.
My bet since SDCC leaked image was Engineers = humanoids with Gigerian features.

Quote from: Space Jockey King on Dec 21, 2011, 11:18:14 AM
This scene where everyone has speculated for so long seems to match the dude who looks infected in the recent pics, see ?

The way i know this is the  mohican hair cut he has on the right pic which kind of matches the one on the left.

So looks like we may have a mad man on the lose aswell lol :P

"Clearly" the same character that is jumping around and get flamethrowed.
He probably get get rid of whats left of his spacesuit later in the scene when he's in flames.
Again i definitly tought from day one that he is mutated but i really doubt that it will be the only threat in the movie.
I'm definitly expecting some sort of xeno that will come from the serpent/slug we've seen in the first leaked test trailer.

We know Shaw gets impreganted by something so that makes already 2 weird things happening, mutation and parasite.
I don't think both are linked,i rather think that the crew messes up big time with the genetic materials found in the urns glass ampules and get many f**k ups.

Like i said before my theories are that the Engineers in Prometheus are either infected/mutated humans or reborn from the human hosts (like Shaw instataneous pregnancy).

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 21, 2011, 07:26:37 AM
I don't thing that head is to small.. compared with the original...it looks even bigger
Spoiler
[close]
Well put.
Like LarsVader stated before they seem to go with the scale when when the actual actors were near the spacejockey, not when in the mastershot Scott used kids in suits to make the SJ look way much bigger.
That would explain why the corridors inside the Engineer's Temple/Ship are almost human sized.

Then again the human in suitin the middle of the Starmap/pilot room is really really small.
And the Engineer (or reborn Engineer, or Mutated human) on the right of the rising chair is clearly bigger than that human.
At first i tought that the Engineer were going to be human sized, the suit being some sort of powerloader, but now i think that the actual Engineers will be as tall as their suits.

To finish i don't think that the story will happen in a very short period of time.
I doubt they will land and hell breaks loose very fast like in ALIEN.
But that it will be weeks, month why not even years...

Quote from: Infected on Dec 21, 2011, 02:04:43 PM

This may be the jockey without the suit. and he looks a lot like the other photo with his hair and torn up suit standing in front of Ridley.

This is why i'm talking about mutated/infected humans that becomes Engineers (or human host).
Either we get humans (or artificial humans, remember misty eyed David from SDCC images, maybe the first step of his infection/mutation into a god) conscient of what they are doing having god complex or they are being taken over by the Engineers persona that is still active in the dna material that infect them.
Our gods being reborn trough us.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 21, 2011, 05:52:20 AM
Quote from: alanwu1233 on Dec 21, 2011, 02:28:19 AM
Are there any aliens/xenomorph in this movie? ???

Allegedly not.

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 21, 2011, 02:32:44 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 21, 2011, 02:22:37 AM
It's not a Space Jockey head. It's looks too different to be one of those. It does, however, seem to be very like whatever it is we saw the two female characters examining on the floor, in the pictures.

Might be a stylised statue of one, but it's not a Jockey head.

You are joking right.

No. The front's too flat, for one thing - also, too large. Compare it to the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDRLtgr2T9E#noexternalembed-ws

Unless they've decided to retcon the Space Jockey to look different for a 'new generation of film-goers' (which I can't see a production involving Scott and Giger doing), I say that thing's something else.

Could be a different suit? Or a decapitated Jockey if it's not a suit (probably is a suit though).

Bare in mind though that it's missing the trunk/breathing apparatus. So it would obviously appear flatter.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: tmjhur on Dec 21, 2011, 02:33:37 PMCould be a different suit? Or a decapitated Jockey if it's not a suit (probably is a suit though). Bare in mind though that it's missing the trunk/breathing apparatus. So it would obviously appear flatter.
If it isn't our beloved Space Jockey then it's this guy:

Yes, it is that guy.

-Chris

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed