Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2'

Started by Russ840, Oct 06, 2016, 10:59:33 AM

Author
Dark Horse Releasing 'Aliens The Original Comic Series Vol 2' (Read 18,517 times)

426Buddy

Finally picked my copy up. The hardcover is gorgeous and the qaulity is good. However im pretty disappointed overall. I knew countdown was not included but the lack of the 96' panel is a bummer and they have only included the cover art and nothing extra. Its very bare bones and its really unfortunate.

Russ840

Got my copy today.  Like Buddy has said, beautiful book. So nicely put together.  Sewn binding that lays flat and it lines up perfectly next to Vol 1.

What I must say is, again, like Buddy, I am hugely disappointed at the lack of 'DVD' extras here. At minimum, if they did not want to include the extra page during the story because they are reprinting the series how it was originally intended, the extra page should have been included as a 'deleted scene,' if you like, in the extras area.  A bit of a write up as to why it was added in later printings would have been interesting as well.

I'm gutted that Countdown was not included and I think it's a shame that there is no 'afterword' by either of the artists.

One thing I am very happy about, just for my OCD really, is that the is no Vol No. on the spine. This is good for me because if there are any further releases, I can be selective with what I get and not have missing Vol No.'s on my shelf.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Apr 22, 2017, 02:40:23 AM
The comic looks like it's straight from the second films in terms of the hardware, infrastructure, Aliens etc.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 25, 2017, 12:44:01 PM
Agreed. The visual style of Book 2 is much better. It doesn't look like generic equipment. It's one of the things I really appreciated about the style.

Yup, Ive only seen Alex Ross' Terminator Burning Earth as far as comic books which are so visually consistent with the movie. Great stuff, even got the cinematography down, and it even shows best in the cover, which is, imo the best Alien image possible, lighting , coloring and all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed