Survived?

Started by Pvt. Hicks, Jun 14, 2007, 08:20:10 PM

Author
Survived? (Read 1,918 times)

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

You know the guy at the end of Alien 3 who wanted to jump the gun, the prisoner, because he was scared and wanted to kill the alien? What happened to him? We didn't see him die, or am I missing something? Also, how did Gregor die?

War Wager

War Wager

You see him get killed in the Special Edition, but in the Theatrical Release its just a mistake in the script that you dont see Golac again.

Who's Gregor again?

SM

SM

Gregor ran into Morse towards the end of the chase.  They were joking around when the Alien rammed Gregor against the wall and slashed him with it's tail.

As for Golic, in the theatrical cut we are meant to assume he was let go from the infirmary and subsequently died in the explosion.

Fitzley

Fitzley

I think Pvt. Hicks is talking about the guy manning the piston switch, the one with the butcher's knife. He sees the alien, panics, tries to turn it on, but Ripley stops him.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Yeah, HIM Fitzley, how does he die?

Fitzley

Fitzley

Well, I honestly can't remember right now. I think he is one of the last to get killed.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

I don't think he does.

SiL

SiL

Isn't he the guy they pull out of the vent and drag to lure the Alien?

War Wager

War Wager

You dont actually see him get killed, I think you just hear him shout something and then scream...

SM

SM

Short version - It's Eric.  He dies off screen.

Long version:

Contact # 3-19

Eric
Location: Unnamed channel, Leadworks, Fiorina 161 Work Correctional Facility
Date: August 11 2179
Contact with: Adult Alien

As this piston starts Ripley ushers Eric into a corridor on one side of the Leadworks while she heads to the opposite side. Shortly afterwards Ripley, her chest pains starting to come more frequently, stumbles across Eric's body.  Though he is dead, his death has been left off screen.  He is bloodied around the neck, so probably suffered an attack similar to Kevin's.

There are a couple of odd things about this death.  One, as mentioned, Eric was on the other side of the leadworks, so how was Ripley able to stumble across his body?  One possible explanation is Ripley ended up on the other side, after running down a number of channels and sealing the doors.  How she got there so fast is anyone's guess.  Another possible explanation is the Alien grabbed Eric and took him over to the other side of the leadworks, then dumped him.  However the Alien was on the same side of the leadworks as Ripley; not Eric.  Thus leaving us with the more plausible answer that Eric did what he needed to do, then ran behind the piston to the other side and was killed there.

The other odd thing about Eric is how Ripley finds him.  She rounds a corner, and finds him lying there – or so we're lead to believe.  We only see his head and shoulders, but judging from the shot, they are lying about waist height – not on the ground.  It's possible Eric's body is lying on a piece of old equipment (barrels like the one's used for the quinitricetyline?).

It's also interesting to note how quickly Eric was killed.  Most of the closing stage of the film happen more or less in real time.  Dillon says they have "four or five minutes" before the piston locks into the lead mold.  In fact it takes four minutes and thirty four seconds.  So from Eric disappearing into the tunnel to reappearing dead on the other side of the leadworks takes just 12 seconds. During this time the Alien has dispensed with Kevin, killed Eric and already taken off after Jude again.  That's one quick Alien.

In the Workprint Ripley verbally identifies Eric when she finds his body.

Pvt. Hicks

Pvt. Hicks

Ah ok, thank you.

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

*SIGH* I'd love to see the workprint again, my VHS copy was stolen many years ago :(  I've always found it mad how quickly Eric dies  ??? i mean you see him enter a doorway, Ripley closes a door enters another doorway then finds his corpse...mad....unless i've got it wrong  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed