Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,227 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Blade's success on the big screen is interesting, in the comics he can't sustain his own book and always gets cancelled.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Wrath Of Man (2021) Directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Jason Statham.
Not great but pretty, pretty good!
Statham was his usual self but on a new level. Like the same wine but improved with age.
Direction and action were all good.
Not sure how direct this remake is, but it makes a solid movie that doesn't bore.
Looking forward to Ritchie's next which is supposed to be something like Inglorious Bastards.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 26, 2021, 03:53:03 AMWrath Of Man (2021) Directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Jason Statham.

How the shit did I not know this was a thing?!

EDIT: Just watched the trailer, gonna have to check it out.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 26, 2021, 07:48:55 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 26, 2021, 03:53:03 AMWrath Of Man (2021) Directed by Guy Ritchie, starring Jason Statham.

How the shit did I not know this was a thing?!

EDIT: Just watched the trailer, gonna have to check it out.

Why would you need a trailer? Guy Ritchie + Jason Statham ain't enough?  :D

This is the next one btw:
Quote"Ritchie's upcoming film is based on Damien Lewis' 2015 book Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare: How Churchill's Secret Warriors Set Europe Ablaze and Gave Birth to Modern Black Ops. In short, it's about Britain's first Black Ops unit that was essentially a suicide squad."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 26, 2021, 03:47:56 PMWhy would you need a trailer? Guy Ritchie + Jason Statham ain't enough?  :D

Something to hold me over until I can watch it ;D

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 26, 2021, 03:47:56 PMThis is the next one btw:
"Ritchie's upcoming film is based on Damien Lewis' 2015 book Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare: How Churchill's Secret Warriors Set Europe Ablaze and Gave Birth to Modern Black Ops. In short, it's about Britain's first Black Ops unit that was essentially a suicide squad."

Top notch.

Although the synopsis has reminded me The King's Man still ain't out.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 26, 2021, 03:47:56 PM
This is the next one btw:
Quote"Ritchie's upcoming film is based on Damien Lewis' 2015 book Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare: How Churchill's Secret Warriors Set Europe Ablaze and Gave Birth to Modern Black Ops. In short, it's about Britain's first Black Ops unit that was essentially a suicide squad."

Sounds cool, apparently Ian Fleming and Sir Christopher Lee were a part of this, (just according to wiki)

Stitch

Stitch

Wonder Woman 1984

Watched it in 3D, and it looked pretty good. Started out decently, but then devolved into silliness. I still found it entertaining, but the moment she starts swinging her lasso from lightning bolts is when I realised it's just a live action cartoon.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

First Knight

This one has some decent ideas and some fine writing and action, but it's not an overly interesting spin on the Arthur legend, and Richard Gere is woefully miscast as Lancelot. It more or less comes down to Jerry Goldsmith carrying the movie all by himself for two hours.

Huggs

Huggs

The Towering Inferno (3/5)

kwisatz

kwisatz

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Would watch if I had three hours to live   :'( :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on May 26, 2021, 08:18:44 PMSounds cool, apparently Ian Fleming and Sir Christopher Lee were a part of this, (just according to wiki)

Yeah, both served in the SOE. Fleming was more of an intelligence man but Lee actually did some special forces work. The man had an amazing life.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: kwisatz on May 27, 2021, 03:48:33 AM
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Would watch if I had three hours to live   :'( :P

First film I ever saw at the cinema. As a young 6 year old I had no idea what the hell was going on. That said it's a masterpiece. A true masterpiece.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

King Arthur (2004)

Not bad, but not great either. The basic premise is sound, but there are several novels that did the "fact behind the legend" version of Arthur much better. This does end up as a weird precursor to Hannibal, though, with Dancy and Mikkelsen sharing multiple scenes. :laugh: Oh, and of course the Director's Cut with the extra gore is the way to go.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Tried watching Army Of The Dead. Gave up after about 45 minutes.
Netflix should stick to series. More often than not their movies are average, meh or just bad.

On a related note: Amazon bought the entire MGM catalogue for 8,4 billion.
I can see them buying up Netflix at some point as well.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

From Russia With Love (1963)

The best part is probably the grappling/wrestling fight scene on the train.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed