Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,572 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on May 04, 2019, 03:34:52 AM
Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019)
Didn't finish this one either. Most of the movie takes place after he got caught. So it's mostly court room stuff.
Zac Efron did a fine job portraying Ted Bundy. But that's about it.
Better watch the documentary series instead. Or if you want something "entertaining" try Ted Bundy (2002).

Finished watching this about an hour ago. I actually enjoyed it in that it was a different take on how these types of Serial Killer biopics usually go. I must admit I was sitting there at times thinking they haven't showed one murder yet and the script almost has you rooting for Bundy (that is if you didn't know the truth behind it all).

Thought Efron was very good in a totally different role for him. Spotted the little kid from A.I. instantly and also caught myself saying hey that's James from Metallica! Hahaha.

Huggs

Huggs

The Dark Knight Rises (1/5)

Aqua Man (2/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

X2

The high point of the original X-Men trilogy.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 05, 2019, 12:19:49 AM
X2

The high point of the original X-Men trilogy.

Isn't that the one with Brian Cox as Stryker?

The Old One

The Old One

William Stryker.
One day someone will finish what he started, one day.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

There are no exits that way, Wolverine!

Huggs

Huggs

All Is Lost (5/5)

Such a beautiful film.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on May 05, 2019, 02:22:48 AM
All Is Lost (5/5)

Such a beautiful film.

Can't think of many other actors who could pull up this role with little to no dialogue. Redford... once in a generation actor.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Pop Star: Never Stop, Never Stopping
Really enjoyed this. Some random cameos but hysterical in places.

Piranha part 2: The Spawning
Lmao i forgot how bad its good this film is. So many random sub plots that actually do nothing for the film

Huggs

Huggs

Waterworld (2/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

X-Men: The Last Stand

This movie gave us two decent things: Kelsey Grammer as Beast, and that unintentionally hilarious bit where Logan gets flung into a tree a la Evil Dead 2. Almost everything else is either bland or executed poorly. And if you know where to look, the mid production reshuffle of the plot is a bit obvious. It really should have just picked one of the two stories it was going for, instead of introducing Phoenix just to have her hang out at Mutant Burning Man in the woods and then stand around doing f**k all for most of the climax. Honestly, they should have dealt with the scheduling issues by just doing the Cure here to cull some characters, and saved Phoenix for X4.

Huggs

Huggs

The Fifth Element (1/5)

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs

Huggs

You're right.

(0/5)

The Equalizer (4.5/5)

Prez

Prez

Endgame
Hmmm. Not what I was expecting. Enjoyable but different. Very different. I'm still undecided how I would rate this film.

Spoiler
Whilst on one hand I welcomed the heavy exposition and character exploration I also felt a lot of it could be trimmed. Probably the first Marvel film where I actually felt the gravitas of the suffering of these characters. That's no slight on previous films but they were always somewhat fluffy and cartoonish to me - and as I said that's not a bad thing. The tone of this one was probably the darkest Marvel film to date. Need to see this one again to digest it all. Also whereas I never felt any shock or sadness at the end of Infinity War seeing Tony go was a very touching moment to round out Phase 3.
[close]

The more I think about this film the more things I like a lot more and some a whole lot less.
Spoiler
The Hulk was a big let down across both this and Infinity Wars to be honest. Even Fat Thor whilst funny seemed a shadow of his former glory (assuming that was the intention though). I feel the first hour had way too much exposition ... this film could've trimmed a lot of fat to be honest as some of the pacing was a bit off. Nit picking though as overall it was a very good film but I think I rank it behind Infinity Wars.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed