Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 847,108 times)

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Ghostbusters (2016). AD Version.

AD probably softened some of the things people don't like about the film. I felt it could have worked much better as a cartoon for a younger audience, like a reboot of The Real Ghostbusters rather than Ghostbusters.

Prez

Prez

Nope

Peele is now 3/3 for me. Brilliant take on the whole UFO scenario.

Species

Finally watched this film properly. Funny how many (then) up and coming stars were in this. Silly film.

kwisatz

kwisatz

The Batman

Really hard for me to find anything I like about this.

The score especially feels like a complete joke

Some nice shots

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

American Mary. AD version. Lot of body horror in that one.

SiL

SiL

I'm so out of the loop, what's AD version?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 10:31:03 AMI'm so out of the loop, what's AD version?
ditto

alternate director?

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Quote from: SiL on Aug 30, 2022, 10:31:03 AMI'm so out of the loop, what's AD version?
Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 30, 2022, 10:59:16 AM
ditto

alternate director?

AD = Audio described for the blind and visually impaired (and anyone who wants to "watch" a film while they drive on their commute"). Essentially, in between the dialogue, there is a narrator who tells you what is going on. Great for the commute!

If you've got the physical media of Prometheus or ALIEN:Covenant, load that up, select the AD track, turn off the picture, and listen ...

(Although I think the narrator on Prometheus is not the best match for the film).

More here:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Fascinating

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ant-Man and the Wasp

A bit like the first Ant-Man, this was a fine, but not especially memorable Marvel movie. It probably says it all that I'm struggling to think of anything more to say than that :laugh:

Captain Marvel

I really didn't know what to expect going in to this, but I ended up really enjoying it. I had it in my head Brie Larsen wouldn't be any good (I'd only ever seen her in one thing before, and while I can't remember what it was, I did recall her being pretty wooden in it), so I was pleasantly surprised how good her performance in this was; she was the main thing making up for the rather uninspired story. Great to finally get a movie with a proper starring part for Nick Fury too. The backstory about how he lost his eye was great :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 30, 2022, 07:42:44 PMAnt-Man and the Wasp

A bit like the first Ant-Man, this was a fine, but not especially memorable Marvel movie. It probably says it all that I'm struggling to think of anything more to say than that :laugh:

Captain Marvel

I really didn't know what to expect going in to this, but I ended up really enjoying it. I had it in my head Brie Larsen wouldn't be any good (I'd only ever seen her in one thing before, and while I can't remember what it was, I did recall her being pretty wooden in it), so I was pleasantly surprised how good her performance in this was; she was the main thing making up for the rather uninspired story. Great to finally get a movie with a proper starring part for Nick Fury too. The backstory about how he lost his eye was great :laugh:

Captain Marvel has maybe my favorite Stan Lee cameo.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Lupin the III: The First and Predator

Twas a good movie night.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 31, 2022, 12:53:13 AMCaptain Marvel has maybe my favorite Stan Lee cameo.

Yeah, it was a good one :)

Avengers: Endgame

Going into this, the general consensus I'd seen from friends and online reviews was that this wasn't nearly as good as Infinity War, but to be honest I wound up liking it quite a bit more. I definitely didn't expect the bulk of it to be a relatively low-key time travel caper. Great to see Paul Rudd finally get the chance to flex his serious acting muscles in the MCU. It definitely had faults - it manged to feel very long whilst also feeling occasionally rushed; the final battle was a bit of a mess (not terribly surprising given just how many characters weigh in); the random "girl power" moment where all the female heroes line up for a glory shot felt terribly artificial, coming out of nowhere for no real reason; for the first time in an Avengers movie the balancing of the cast felt a little off and some characters seemed to get sidelined; and what the hell was the deal with Pepper Potts suddenly being a combat expert in the Iron Man suit Tony had only just made for her five minutes earlier? - but overall the pros far outweighed the cons and as a conclusion to everything that's come thus far it was remarkable. A truly staggering number of cameos from practically every previous movie.
Spoiler
I admit I'd already had Tony's death at the end spoiled by watching Far from Home on TV as little while back, but it still packed a punch and his funeral scene was wonderful - especially appreciated the cameo by the kid from Iron Man 3 (even if I had to look up who he was :laugh: Children age a lot in six years!) The wrapping up of Captain America's arc was also really touching and felt like the perfect conclusion for him.
[close]
So yeah, I really dug this. And whatever negatives I might have taken away, I just gotta say - kudos to Marvel for constructing a conclusion in the face of such rampant anticipation that actually winds up being satisfying.

Spider-Man: Far from Home

A bit like Ant-Man at the end of phase two, this felt like a slightly clunky afterthought to phase three, but I guess it makes sense that they'd wanna deal with the aftermath of the Blip straight away. That aside, I was surprised just how much I enjoyed this, despite a plot twist that really doesn't hold up to scrutiny. I think a big part of getting past that was thanks to Jake Gyllenaal's character, who was one of the more interesting to crop up in the MCU.

So that's phase three, and the Infinity Saga, done. On the whole I thought this round had probably the biggest gulf between the good films and the not-so-good. Civil War, Ragnarok and the two-part Avengers finale were the highlights and up there with the best of the MCU, while Doctor Strange, Black Panther and Ant-Man and the Wasp felt pretty throwaway.

I wasn't sure whether I'd continue past this, but as I've got the best part of a month of Disney+ left, I think I will.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: NecronomIV on Aug 30, 2022, 12:38:00 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Aug 30, 2022, 10:59:16 AM
ditto

alternate director?

AD = Audio described for the blind and visually impaired (and anyone who wants to "watch" a film while they drive on their commute"). Essentially, in between the dialogue, there is a narrator who tells you what is going on. Great for the commute!

If you've got the physical media of Prometheus or ALIEN:Covenant, load that up, select the AD track, turn off the picture, and listen ...

(Although I think the narrator on Prometheus is not the best match for the film).

More here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_GrYOruY7w

A lot of my clients are in the Disability Arts sector so I see this pop up a lot!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

A Ghost Story (2017)  :'(

Spoiler
I genuinely cried when the wife hides a piece of paper in the wall and leaves the house to move on with her life 😭
[close]

The Batman 2022

I want ZoĆ« Kravitz's Selina Kyle movie  8)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Star Wars The Original Trilogy Special Editions

Nico: Above the Law

Out for Justice

Ghostbusters 2

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed