Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 494,386 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Lost S2E21-23 '?', 'Three Minutes', and 'Live Together, Die Alone'

A fantastic ending to the second season. These last few post-'Two For The Road' episodes have had lots of great emotional moments that really packed a punch and were filled to the brim with intriguing Dharma-related mysteries that I can't wait to learn more about.

And those last couple minutes of the finale screwed with my mind, big-time. Great stuff.

Cvalda

Cvalda

The X-Files: Season 9 Mytharc

The series's mytharc proper ended with Fight the Future and the sixth season eps "Two Fathers" and "One Son", before being rebooted in Season 8 to surprisingly excellent results; one could tell Chris Carter intended Season 8's mytharc to be the show's last hurrah, in which he threw every ounce of pathos and suspense he could into a series that had halfway lost one of its major stars and now revolved around a potentially disastrous pregnancy macguffin. It all ended on an exciting, solidly satisfying season finale that would have (and should have) served as the series finale proper.

But then Fox decided to continue the show with or without Chris Carter, forcing him back into the show runner chair out of pride, and then producing the series killing, reputation destroying Season 9, in which the show's grandly epic and ambitious mytharc takes a shocking nosedive into complete unwatchability. After building up an awesomely-ludicrous-yet-ludicrously awesome tale of alien invasion, encompassing all of Earth's history, and the myriad squabbling political factions of humanity trying to either aid, stop or sidestep it for eight seasons, the final season's mytharc revolves around the most unimaginative, boring scifi concept imaginable: supersoldiers. Even worse, the show's most groundbreaking and dynamic element, its cinematic scope and high production values, have been slashed. Gone are the visually stunning set pieces the show produced in the past; now all the "action" is confined to apartments and office rooms while rehashed suspense plots unfold, and the glossy, stylized cinematography is gone. For the first time, X-Files looks like what it always so gloriously avoided being -- just another TV show.

And while the much hated series finale has most of these flaws, as well as the impossible task of effectively wrapping up nine seasons worth of convoluted sci-fi conspiracy intrigue, it at least fortunately finds something of the groove that made the first eight seasons work -- the emotional connection to the characters that also evaporated in Season Nine, as Duchovny was gone, Gillian Anderson reduced to a mere supporting character, and Robert Patrick and Annabeth Gish trying hard but never escaping their shadow. It starts out awful, gets progressively better if only for the way Carter outlines the entire mytharc in broad cliffnotes format (it all does hang together, more or less, contrary to common consensus), and ends strong with a tearjerker of a scene between Duchovny and Anderson, alone, on the run, and facing a bleak future, but finally reunited. Given the rest of the season, it could have ended a lot worse.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

This is the crap I a supposed to look forward to, oh shit.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Just skip to the series finale and try and ignore the rest of the season. Trust me.

Vepariga

Vepariga

I like 'The Truth' its one of my fav episodes.  :'(

Cvalda

Cvalda

I like what it tries to do more than what it actually does.

Spoiler
I do really like the scene where CSM returns, though, all gloating and evil.
[close]

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Maison Ikkoku - Epsiode 51: Even yotsura Is Shocked! The Day Maison Ikkoku Disappears

So it turns out the new tenant at Ikkoku is a spy for a real estate company who plans to tear down Ikkoku and put up a newer apartment complex. Decent episode, at least Mitaka doesn't hit on Kyoko and Godai co-operates with Mitaka without any fighting.

Nightmare Asylum

Supernatural S2E10-11 'Hunted' and 'Playthings'

'Hunted' was great, and expanded on a lot of my favorite things in the show. Can't wait to see more of Sam's 'kind'...and more of Ava in particular. And 'Playthings' was creepy as hell.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Ava will come back and when she does, things will get interesting.

Next up is Nightshifter, which I believe is one of First Blood's favorites. :)

Nightmare Asylum

Just looked at the episode description in the box... A shapeshifter and Terminator 2 references... I think I'm in for a treat :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

What do you think of Bobby, by the way? I don't know if he's had that much screen time yet, but he becomes a pretty prominent father figure for the boys now that John is gone.

Nightmare Asylum

I've only seen him once or twice so far, I believe, and he hasn't done much yet, but I've liked him so far. Heard he becomes a very cool character :)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 22, 2013, 06:43:00 PM
Ava will come back and when she does, things will get interesting.

Next up is Nightshifter, which I believe is one of First Blood's favorites. :)

Yup, I loved Nightshifter. And the ending pretty much had me in love with the show.

We're so dead

Rong

Rong

Falling skies s3 ep 8.

This show... i f**king hate it, they had such a cool concept with Volm and i want more doug jones and Volm Tech, instead we got a shitty inception riff... and its insanely predictable...

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Maison Ikkoku - Kyoko's Painful Decision to Marry Again!

"When a day comes where I've forgotten about you, please forgive me" - Kyoko Otanashi (regarding her deceased husband)

You really begin to see that Kyoko does in fact have someone in mind about marrying again...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed