Started by xenomorph36, Dec 26, 2007, 04:38:16 PM

Which AvP movie do you like better?

AvP
AvPR
Author
Poll: AvP vs AvPR (Read 685,434 times)

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I'm the furthest thing from a snob, sir!

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

he has mediocre ideas that could be decent enough but he just cant make a good movie for sh_t

Lost Predator

Lost Predator

Quote from: Dark Passenger on May 11, 2010, 11:40:36 AM
just watched the behind the scenes footage on AvP again and it basically reminded me why i disliked paul anderson in the first place, him saying he is the 1# hardcore fan is BS.

I agree that him calling himself the #1 hardcore fan is BS. However, I do think Anderson put more though and care into his film with aspects that paid homage to the first few of the series (read the AVP Trivia). They were homages but not so obvious (well most of them).

The Strause brothers I think just looked at the previous films and just took aspects of the each race, randomly inserted them without any real logic.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

^ This ^

And I like Requiem. :o

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on May 11, 2010, 01:22:19 PM
^ This ^

And I like Requiem. :o

hmmm. thats a problem

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on May 10, 2010, 10:25:15 PM
What about Grid lifting Gill ? Great scene.
Hell yeah.
And the Queen awakening from the freeze status she was  in before.
Or all the Predator Ship shots. Those were epic.

Milan

Milan

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 11, 2010, 01:39:13 PM
Quote from: Anto of the Sand on May 10, 2010, 10:25:15 PM
What about Grid lifting Gill ? Great scene.
Hell yeah.
And the Queen awakening from the freeze status she was  in before.
Or all the Predator Ship shots. Those were epic.

The queen awakening is the only scene that didn't make me gag, the others might were just to weird for my taste, How did Grid get such a long tail? I would have understood it if he chestbusted from Mr. fantastic ( Fantastic 4), and the Pred ship...it was too clean and shiny, it didn't feel like a predator ship at all.
Maybe that's were the bros got the cleaner idea, someone must have spent alot of time cleaning those ships, makeing them all clean and shiny...

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I loved how the Pred ship flew overhead unnoticed. And Celtics reaction to Gills death. Epic.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: LeighD on May 11, 2010, 01:15:17 PM
Quote from: Dark Passenger on May 11, 2010, 11:40:36 AM
just watched the behind the scenes footage on AvP again and it basically reminded me why i disliked paul anderson in the first place, him saying he is the 1# hardcore fan is BS.

I agree that him calling himself the #1 hardcore fan is BS. However, I do think Anderson put more though and care into his film with aspects that paid homage to the first few of the series (read the AVP Trivia). They were homages but not so obvious (well most of them).

The Strause brothers I think just looked at the previous films and just took aspects of the each race, randomly inserted them without any real logic.

I agree Anderson put in more thought and effort, but at the end of the day, his film was still boring. Requiem didn't make much sense but it entertained me and that's what's important for me.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

AvPR is a gore fest for gore lovers. Less entertaining than that film? Other senseless Slasher films. Or Asylum.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Gotta love gore ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 11, 2010, 04:35:24 PM
AvPR is a gore fest for gore lovers. Less entertaining than that film? Other senseless Slasher films. Or Asylum.

At least the Brothers weren't afraid to get nasty. Anderson decided to play it safe and give his film a PG-13 rating.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Fox forced a Pg-13 Rating.
Look at Event Horizon. Anderson isn't certainly afraid of Violence.
And Violence doesn't make a movie better. Hell, handle it in a good way and it's standable.
Which is exactly what AvPR did not do.

Anto of the Sand

Anto of the Sand

I'm with DoomRulz. Anyone who knows Andersons work (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil ) knows he loves to make a film pg13. He even stated in an interview during Resi, "I prefer making movies for Teenagers. I think I'm pretty good at it. I know what they want". Or something to that effect.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Anto of the Sand on May 11, 2010, 05:01:08 PM
I'm with DoomRulz. Anyone who knows Andersons work (Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil ) knows he loves to make a film pg13. He even stated in an interview during Resi, "I prefer making movies for Teenagers. I think I'm pretty good at it. I know what they want". Or something to that effect.
He is right most teens love avp

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed