Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 20, 2023, 06:30:14 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Catch-All Thread (Read 133,354 times)

SiL

SiL

Quote from: aliens13 on May 04, 2024, 11:41:34 PMBut nobody knew that Prometheus was an Alien film, the average people didn't know it.
Which arguably helped it because no other Alien movie has done that well.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2024, 11:47:13 PM
Quote from: aliens13 on May 04, 2024, 11:41:34 PMBut nobody knew that Prometheus was an Alien film, the average people didn't know it.
Which arguably helped it because no other Alien movie has done that well.

Except Predator 2.  Hahaha. Kidding. ;)

SiL

SiL

You lost me.

Miser

Miser

The gums look nearly identical to the original big chaos gums. Wrong hill to die on here buddy

BigDaddyJohn

600 mil is waaay too much to hope for. I wish it was not, but nope.

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 05, 2024, 09:41:21 AM600 mil is waaay too much to hope for. I wish it was not, but nope.
Yeah, i want this movie to do good and to help revitalize the franchise, but i don't see any way for this movie to make 600 million.

Not even if it is a masterpiece, this type of movie simply doesn't have that type of pull with audiences.

The good thing that Alien has going forward is the fact that Alien is a known IP, so that can help in the opening weekend in ways that most horror movies can't, so i can see this doing 300-400 million.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on May 05, 2024, 09:46:15 AM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 05, 2024, 09:41:21 AM600 mil is waaay too much to hope for. I wish it was not, but nope.
Yeah, i want this movie to do good and to help revitalize the franchise, but i don't see any way for this movie to make 600 million.

Not even if it is a masterpiece, this type of movie simply doesn't have that type of pull with audiences.

The good thing that Alien has going forward is the fact that Alien is a known IP, so that can help in the opening weekend in ways that most horror movies can't, so i can see this doing 300-400 million.

That would be great. The marketing campaign is crucial, the next trailer/trailers and all tidbits of promotion etc are going to be decisive.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: SiL on May 05, 2024, 12:18:53 AMYou lost me.

I used to joke with my friends that the Alien skull reveal at the end of Predator 2 makes it an Alien film.

BigDaddyJohn

But P2 was a big box office disappointment.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 05, 2024, 10:43:24 AMBut P2 was a big box office disappointment.

Oh shhh. Stop being factual  ;D  ;D  ;D

BigDaddyJohn

:-X

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Prez on May 05, 2024, 10:33:11 AM

I used to joke with my friends that the Alien skull reveal at the end of Predator 2 makes it an Alien film.

In this case, does the presence of the AVP tail spear mean that The Predator is the most recent Alien film we've had in theaters? ;)

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 05, 2024, 01:18:29 PM
Quote from: Prez on May 05, 2024, 10:33:11 AM

In this case, does the presence of the AVP tail spear mean that The Predator is the most recent Alien film we've had in theaters? ;)

By that category, it would be the worst Alien film to date... :P

And yeah, after re-watching Alien, the gums being lighter is actually film accurate. The Romulus design has the gums a bit brighter and the teeth a darker yet shinier chrome than the original. But the same idea. Just the contrast tuned up a bit color wise. I like it. Wish the tendons were different, but not horrible.

Feeds On Minds

I really don't understand all these microscopic nitpicks.

BigDaddyJohn

People dissecting everything they get their hands on waiting for the movie is quite common, that's even why we're here. Nitpicking comes with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed