Friday the 13th Franchise

Started by KillCrites, Aug 30, 2016, 01:13:41 PM

Author
Friday the 13th Franchise (Read 4,395 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: genocyber on Feb 15, 2017, 01:00:10 AM
I would disagree on that, echo. While its not the best of either series its far from the worst. It's the most fun of the sequels and a perfect way to end both franchises on a graceful note. Jason's look seemed like a call back to New Lives where he came back undead with darker skin. This happens in death when the blood begins to break down and rot, giving a black tarlike color to the skin. I read multiple script treatments and they were all terrible. This really was the best story that could be done with them.
Some treatments had Freddy be Jason's father who molested him as a kid. Other treatments had it do a real world situation where Jason is real and the Friday the 13th movies also exist based off his reputation. Jason would have been made into a hero rescuing the survivors from Freddy at the end and speak out loud.

Yeah, the story was good, but the execution I thought was terrible. It should've had the tone of Friday 13th part 2/3 along with the tone of Nightmare 1/3.

Okay, I didn't know the process of how the skin to turns to black like that. It still looked weird on film. I didn't like his clothes either. I just didn't like it.

Yes, I agree most of the other scripts were balls. The worst being Nightmare 13: Freddy meets Jason and they have boxing match in hell. The Peter Briggs draft was fun, but was to crazy. So I agree with you that this was the best script they had up until that point.

But like I said I felt the execution of it was terrible.

genocyber

genocyber

The only negatives I could speak of were the gore effects were cartoony and cheap looking, and the actors they got were some of the worst in both series.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'll admit the rave scene was pretty cool. I liked the idea of Jason stealing a Freddy kill. And Robert England was good in it. It was actually pretty dark portrayal of Freddy in this movie.

genocyber

genocyber

The rave scene was Jason's best moment in the movie. The flaming machete was a great memorable kill. Still, Freddy lacked a proper body count or having any memorable kills himself. Their was a planned sequel with Ash from Evil Dead that fell through that was made into a comic. While many like the story given, I personally am glad it wasn't made. It felt too much like an Evil Dead film, with Freddy and Jason going through the same motions they did in the first movie of Jason being tricked again.

I always felt Michael Myers was the next logical step to take the VS story. Bring Michael to Springwood who is tracking down someone who got away from him. Jason would return to Springwood this time with Freddy trapped inside of his mind from how the first movie ended. Freddy could strike a truce with Jason promising if he returned him back to Springwood he would let him be with his mother. Jason returns Freddy's soul back to Elm Street and immediately break the truce, who is attacked by Michael for standing between his kill. Oh, and the entire movie takes place on halloween night. Maybe Freddy throws a pumpkin that explodes in Michael's face at one point.

One image I always wanted to see was all three battling it out in front of Freddy's house, and Jason impaling Freddy with the Elm St sign post.

SiL

SiL

The idea of treating Freddy like an infectious disease was the best thing about FvJ. They could run a whole movie off that.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: KillCrites on Feb 14, 2017, 10:25:01 PM
Have you seen Part 6? It's probably one of my favorite movies. It's a great gothic-horror comedy.
I haven't actually but if you describe it that way it picks up my interest

SiL

SiL

Part VI is my favourite. Doesn't take itself at all seriously, but had some of the best moments of the franchise.

And a James Bond style opening with Jason. Not even joking. Watch it.

KillCrites

KillCrites

Scorpio

Scorpio

Part III is my favourite, but I like I-V.  Jason X and FvJ are fun watches as well.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Here's my favorite Friday list:

2,4,3,JL,Original,JGTH,VII, V, JTM, Remake, JX, FvJ.

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 16, 2017, 04:43:57 AM

;)

KillCrites

KillCrites

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 16, 2017, 11:04:19 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 16, 2017, 04:43:57 AM

;)

Hey, Jason X and FvJ are atleast entertaining movies.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Jason Goes to Hell is worth watching purely for the fact that Creighton Duke is awesome.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 16, 2017, 11:31:15 PM
Jason Goes to Hell is worth watching purely for the fact that Creighton Duke is awesome.

"That reminds me of a little girl in a pink dress. Stickin a hot dog through a doughnut."

genocyber

genocyber

My list goes
VI, VII, FvJ, III, Remake, IV, II, I, X, VIII, V, JGTH,

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed