660 (50.2%)
Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 465,017 times)

JP9667

JP9667

Sry, just trying to make a point with the caps but it is true that the predators can't really win a fight in close combat against the aliens

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Quote from: Lar'ja Thwei on Jul 20, 2010, 03:41:32 PM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on Jul 20, 2010, 07:57:38 AM
Quote from: Lar'ja Thwei on Jul 20, 2010, 01:53:18 AM
The Predators for me. They were one of the first things i was introduced to when i was born. They've always been the most spectacular thing to me. I am a Yautja at heart, and soul..they live through me as do i through them..

Long live the Predators.

Still I take your skull, and you know why :P

You can have my skull. When you get your own back from my Trophy Wall.

Oh, I see you didn't get it. Well, okay...

My skull stays where it is. You can't take it. But you have my condolences.

Quote from: JP9667 on Jul 21, 2010, 04:00:37 AM
Okay, let me put it in a way you can you can understand it. THE PREDATOR IS WEAK WITHOUT HIS SHOULDER CANNON AGAINST AN ALIEN. WITHOUT A SHOULDER CANNON HE IS SCREWED AGAINST AN ALIEN UNLESS THERE IS ANOTHER PREDATOR TO HELP. When did scar start killing aliens? WHEN HE GOT THE SHOULDER CANNON. It's pretty simple. Predators  are screwed once it comes to close combat. They require range to kill one.  ::)

He killed one with the shuriken. Oh, and Celtic pretty much fought Grid well. Oh, and Alexa killed an alien. With a spear.

Lar'ja Thwei

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: 08yeyinde on Jul 21, 2010, 05:45:16 AM
Quote from: Lar'ja Thwei on Jul 20, 2010, 03:41:32 PM
Quote from: 08yeyinde on Jul 20, 2010, 07:57:38 AM
Quote from: Lar'ja Thwei on Jul 20, 2010, 01:53:18 AM
The Predators for me. They were one of the first things i was introduced to when i was born. They've always been the most spectacular thing to me. I am a Yautja at heart, and soul..they live through me as do i through them..

Long live the Predators.

Still I take your skull, and you know why :P

You can have my skull. When you get your own back from my Trophy Wall.

Oh, I see you didn't get it. Well, okay...

My skull stays where it is. You can't take it. But you have my condolences.

Yeah, i didn't get it. Thats why i said that. I had, and still have no idea what you were talking about. Lol.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: JP9667 on Jul 21, 2010, 04:28:27 AM
Sry, just trying to make a point with the caps but it is true that the predators can't really win a fight in close combat against the aliens

No its not. The predator in AvP (Celtic? I hate these names) technically defeated the alien. The only reason the alien won was because of acid. He had it beat with hand to hand, and if he hadn't gloated he would have won.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 21, 2010, 02:22:03 PM
The only reason the alien won was because of acid.
Which is part of its phisiology and thus an advantage for him.

BANE

BANE

True, but I mean, the predator had it beat and in an extremely vulnerable position. One quick lunge and stab would have done it at that point. But he mosies on over. I guess you could chalk that up to inexperience really. :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Or the general Predator cockyness that also got the first 2 Predators.

BANE

BANE

That seems to be their only fault, really. They gloat to much and like to savour the victory, in which time its victim usually produces the killing blow.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Besides anyway, he had to get close because the dagger ain't exactly a good throwing weapon.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It should also be noted that if Celtic counts as winning due to a gimmick or trick, then the same should apply to Grid. That net basically came out of nowhere; if it hadn't been for that, Celtic would've been caught under Grid again with no wristblades to save him.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 21, 2010, 02:31:50 PM
It should also be noted that if Celtic counts as winning due to a gimmick or trick, then the same should apply to Grid. That net basically came out of nowhere; if it hadn't been for that, Celtic would've been caught under Grid again with no wristblades to save him.

Not really. He had time to both fire AND get out of the way. Without firing, he would then have had more time to move out of the way.

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 21, 2010, 02:29:09 PM
Besides anyway, he had to get close because the dagger ain't exactly a good throwing weapon.

Still, he took his sweet bloody time to get over there. I think a little bit quicker and BAM! stabbed in the head.

Lar'ja Thwei

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 21, 2010, 02:31:50 PM
Lol. Celtic won the battle before he even netted Grid. How can a Predator swing an alien by his foot, bashing his head through 2 feet of solid stone and have his head not shatter? But then Alexa shoots it with that little nail-gun thingy and, Pow. Seriously.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 21, 2010, 02:35:59 PM
Not really. He had time to both fire AND get out of the way. Without firing, he would then have had more time to move out of the way.

Celtic's number was up, no matter how you slice it.

Except for the net, all he had left was his dagger against a slightly-wounded Alien.

Netting Grid and then finishing him with the dagger was the best Celtic could've hoped for.

Quote from: Lar'ja Thwei on Jul 21, 2010, 02:38:09 PM
Lol. Celtic won the battle before he even netted Grid. How can a Predator swing an alien by his foot, bashing his head through 2 feet of solid stone and have his head not shatter? But then Alexa shoots it with that little nail-gun thingy and, Pow. Seriously.

'Cause Aliens are super tough.

Watch the Alien films in their own context without comparison to anything else and you'll understand.

BANE

BANE

QuoteCeltic's number was up, no matter how you slice it.

Except for the net, all he had left was his dagger against a slightly-wounded Alien.

Netting Grid and then finishing him with the dagger was the best Celtic could've hoped for.

I don't see how his number was up. He wasn't wounded in the slightest, and the Alien was. He had a dagger which he could easily have stabbed into the Alien several times. The alien no longer had its sharp tail to stab him with, so that's one less weapon it has. I mean, if it comes in close to him he's got the knife. He wasn't finished.

Watch the Alien films in their own context without comparison to anything else and you'll understand.
And against isolated instances of penetration (like a bullet or a knife), Predators are tougher.

Lar'ja Thwei

Lar'ja Thwei

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 21, 2010, 02:39:36 PM
Quote from: AintGotTime2Bleed on Jul 21, 2010, 02:35:59 PM

Celtic's number was up, no matter how you slice it.

Quote from: Lar'ja Thwei on Jul 21, 2010, 02:38:09 PM

Yeah, they're tough. Not that tough though. I've seen all the Alien films and i understand that if an 8 foot tall super-human beast throws  an aliens head through a 2 foot solid stone wall, while bumping other parts too, It's head would burst. Oh, and then he just tackles him through the solid stone wall, and, of course. Nothing happens. Don't tell me "you'll understand" I've had it figured out for a while now.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed