Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 465,031 times)

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Alien 3 is so underrated it's a crime.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

I think it's cool. I like it more than the second movie.

Quick N Slick

Quick N Slick

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 06, 2010, 09:50:14 PM

Agreed completely. I really, really wanted Hicks in, as anyone did. The fact that I came away from this film liking it in the end told me it'll probably always be better than it's credited with being.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Lt. Mike Harrigan

It's tone matches the original's almost perfectly. Plus there's religious overtones to boot!

XNinjaRed

XNinjaRed

Aliens for me.
I just love how fast they are, and they don't need any weapons besides what they "naturally" have.

Maverick62897

Maverick62897

I like predators because they are TRAINED to kill, whereas the Xenos just kill. I like predators because their kill is special to them, and they can take on many heavily-armed enemies. The Aliens mostly attack by numbers when their enemies are armed. They fight for honor and a warrior's code.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

Yeah, but Predators would get eviscerated via the technology Aliens have to put up with.

Xenostalker

Xenostalker

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 06, 2010, 09:50:14 PM
Tell me about it. I actually prefere A3 a little better than the second film (Aliens). I just love the gothic setting and the religious cult that the prisoners had. It's the perfect set up for a Sci-fi horror.

"This is a lead works isn't it?....all we gotta do is lure the f**kin beast into the mould!!!" ;D

-Dillon

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Apr 07, 2010, 09:17:25 AM
It's tone matches the original's almost perfectly. Plus there's religious overtones to boot!

And the Alien was way, way scarier. Even more so than Cameron's Warriors.

SiL

SiL

I watched the film the other day and found the Alien remarkably boring. It was like watching one of Cameron's faceless zombie-Aliens, except without the threat of dozens of them to make them in the least bit threatening. Its sole purpose was to rock up at inconvenient times and make heads explode.

The PredBen

The PredBen

I don't like Aliens and I have never watched it on TV when its appeared save a few minutes here and there. Don't get me wrong it was a great second chapter but it wasn't for me.

Super Black Predator

Super Black Predator

preds rule aliens are also great and leathal

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2010, 09:31:46 PM
I watched the film the other day and found the Alien remarkably boring. It was like watching one of Cameron's faceless zombie-Aliens, except without the threat of dozens of them to make them in the least bit threatening. Its sole purpose was to rock up at inconvenient times and make heads explode.

Really? I didn't think it was mindless.

SM

SM

QuoteIt's tone matches the original's almost perfectly. Plus there's religious overtones to boot!

Odd that no one ever mentions Resurrections religious overtones...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Which ones? I remember 'Father' and the Chapel in the Auriga, but what else was there?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed