Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 464,903 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It is one incoherent thing Vs. at least six or seven incoherent things... :P
J/K, both movies have their flaws (but avpr has moar  ;D)

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

OMG!!!!1! TWO PREDATORZ DIED!!!11!! WTH!!?
Jesus, AvP wasn't biased towards Aliens at all. You had the Predator winning, killing about four Aliens (six with Chestburster and Facehugger) and ultimatelly a Queen. Heck, they even killed more Humans than the Aliens, had more screen time and where demonstated as the honourable 'heroes' in a way.

I was just happy they demonstrated beautifully that an Alien is the Pimp at melee, but a Pussy against ranged Weaponry.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 28, 2010, 11:39:00 AM
yet it's totally normal for the Alien to double size it's tale to kill a Predator...
Even if Anderson hadn't doubled the tail size, he could still have easily had Grid impale Chopper from behind like he ended up doing anyway.

Quoteand you justify that with Predator 2 making a mistake?
I changed to justify it by Ripley's arm holding out in Aliens, even though it shouldn't have and she should've fallen into space. You're not going to bitch and scream bias at that.

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Mar 28, 2010, 11:55:54 AM
QuoteYes it somewhat extends, but doesn't double its size.
It actually does, maybe even longer. The Predator is standing on the ground while the Alien is up in the air, with the tail at the end of it's body. It looks ridiculous.

Anyway, it's stupid, biased and makes no sense at all, and if you're accepting that then why not grow the Predator another arm just for one shot to bitchslap the alien with, i wouldn't notice it at all  ::)

i dont see how its biased, it a technical error. the alien could have just done that without the extended tail,
now a predator growing a 3rd arm is biased because well predators dont have a 3rd arm.

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

It's certainly a Rule of Cool thing, but it's not biased. Grid could've just moved closer, after all. Either way, Chopper's a dead Pred.

Aeus

Aeus

Anyone who thinks AVP was biased against Predators is a fool.

Why?

Because there aren't any Predators in AVP.

SM

SM

QuoteIt's certainly a Rule of Cool thing, but it's not biased. Grid could've just moved closer, after all. Either way, Chopper's a dead Pred.

What he said.

But even that said, the sequence with the Extender-Tail (TM) was lame as.

Subject13

Subject13

hehe, there is always a topic on this! :p Well i go for Xenomorph's, there were born the best and will die the best!

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: Aeus on Mar 29, 2010, 02:42:46 AM
Anyone who thinks AVP was biased against Predators is a fool.

Why?

Because there aren't any Predators in AVP.

In which case, AvPR contains negative quantities of Predator.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What?

SiL

SiL

If the AvP Preds weren't Preds, and if one took the stance that Wolf was even less of one, then AvPR had negative Preds where AvP had no Preds.

The Demon

The Demon

I don't get that, because if anything, the Wolf was more of a Predator than those things from AvP will ever be.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Anywho who complains about an Alien taking out 2 Predators shoul remember that later in the movie the remaining predator takes out 4 aliens, 3 of which in a matter of seconds. No Alien fans to this day have denied that.
QuoteIn which case, AvPR contains negative quantities of Predator.
^Best comment ever

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

I thought the balance in AvP was pretty fair. Sure, Grid brutally slaughtered 2 Predators, but a) he cheated on the first with a sneak attack and b) in the end, Scar won through superior firepower and he totally kicked butt against the Queen. Until she impaled him, of course, but logic dictated that would happen. So... seems fair to me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Mar 29, 2010, 02:48:58 PMhe totally kicked butt against the Queen

He needed Lex's help. And she did most of the work.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed