Predators
654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 465,080 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: The Demon on Aug 29, 2009, 11:55:07 PM
I could say the same thing about the Predator.
How? As I said before he is basically a really buff guy with fluorescent blood and a strange head. The Alien, as I also said before, is unlike almost anything we have here on Earth. The Predator is quite similar to us. Again, not saying he isn't cool, just saying he isn't as cool as the Alien.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 30, 2009, 04:12:10 AM
How? As I said before he is basically a really buff guy with fluorescent blood and a strange head. The Alien, as I also said before, is unlike almost anything we have here on Earth. The Predator is quite similar to us. Again, not saying he isn't cool, just saying he isn't as cool as the Alien.

My vote goes to the ALIEN (of course!), but I have to agree on that the Predator is cooler than the Alien; the Predator is a thousand gallons of coolness whereas the Alien is a genuinely disturbing  piece of art (...even though people have done there best to weed out the uniqueness and art from the Alien 'genome' by turning them into generic cannon fodder space bugs).

Sorry for sounding like a pretentious douche, but I prefer 'oddness' and art before coolness and bad assery - any time, any day.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteHow? As I said before he is basically a really buff guy with fluorescent blood and a strange head.
And the alien is basically a really skinny guy with a tail and a penis head.

QuoteThe Alien, as I also said before, is unlike almost anything we have here on Earth.
The alien, since Aliens, is one of the most basic things we have here on earth, a Termite.

QuoteThe Predator is quite similar to us.
The Predator is nothing like us, you say its basically a man, which it's not. If anything, it's more of a lizard with the skin and skin tones.

Never seen the movie "I come in peace"? That is basically a man

That, not so much

QuoteAgain, not saying he isn't cool, just saying he isn't as cool as the Alien.
And that is your opinion, i think its vice versa, the Alien is cool, just not as cool as the Predator.

stroggificated

stroggificated

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 30, 2009, 01:53:01 PM
QuoteHow? As I said before he is basically a really buff guy with fluorescent blood and a strange head.
And the alien is basically a really skinny guy with a tail and a penis head.

QuoteThe Alien, as I also said before, is unlike almost anything we have here on Earth.
The alien, since Aliens, is one of the most basic things we have here on earth, a Termite.

QuoteThe Predator is quite similar to us.
The Predator is nothing like us, you say its basically a man, which it's not. If anything, it's more of a lizard with the skin and skin tones.

Never seen the movie "I come in peace"? That is basically a man
http://i2.tvspielfilm.de/imedia/8782/2158782,HUFAl9VqyIahXaMgXgrhE+hMGstdci2l+ClyBpOc1W9M1xxB7m5A6C93P67YzOOjlZaKygcQDjJaG9r5Npl0GQ==.jpg

That, not so muchhttp://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii124/chet7_bucket/predator14.jpg

QuoteAgain, not saying he isn't cool, just saying he isn't as cool as the Alien.
And that is your opinion, i think its vice versa, the Alien is cool, just not as cool as the Predator.
I see a green wrestler with an ugly face...

No comment? Damn, i thought i could annoy that c**t  ;D

The Demon

The Demon

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 30, 2009, 04:12:10 AM

The word is opinion.

Like think they're both cool as hell. But what makes me like the Predator more is that it chooses to kill. That seems twisted. The Aliens kills for their survival.

As far as appearance, The Predator is humanoid. The body form is simalar. That's about it.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: The Demon on Aug 30, 2009, 04:48:47 PM

The word is opinion.

Like think they're both cool as hell. But what makes me like the Predator more is that it chooses to kill. That seems twisted. The Aliens kills for their survival.

As far as appearance, The Predator is humanoid. The body form is simalar. That's about it.
I know, and I am voicing my opinion. I just think that humanoid aliens are a bit unimaginative. I think the Predator would have been cooler if they had made it digitgrade and given it backwards bending knees. Unfortunately, they couldn't due to production purposes. The Predator kind of wound up looking like a high-budget Star Trek alien. I'm also not posting here anymore, unless someone really bashes the Alien or really pisses me off.

Predboy

Predboy

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 31, 2009, 01:36:00 AM
I know, and I am voicing my opinion. I just think that humanoid aliens are a bit unimaginative. I think the Predator would have been cooler if they had made it digitgrade and given it backwards bending knees.

The predator would look like shit if he was that way.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Don't bother Predboy, let them enjoy their 'piece of art' and we enjoy our boring, unimaginative Star Trek monster, or how they call it.

And members like "stroggificated" really just show us how much brain the average alien fan really has by calling other people 'c**t' for expressing their opinion.

Let it go.

The Demon

The Demon

Its not worth it.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 31, 2009, 02:27:17 AM
.....really just show us how much brain the average alien fan really has.....

Ouch Johnny. Ouch  :D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Unfortunately, they couldn't due to production purposes.

No, they didn't do it because a) that would not have suited the purposes of the film and b) you do know they received extra money to completely re-design the Predator via Stan Winston once they received the initial costume, right?

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 31, 2009, 01:36:00 AMThe Predator kind of wound up looking like a high-budget Star Trek alien.

Find me a Star Trek alien that bears even a remote resemblance to the Predator.

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 31, 2009, 01:36:00 AMI'm also not posting here anymore, unless someone really bashes the Alien or really pisses me off.

Best news I've heard all day.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 31, 2009, 04:22:14 PM
Unfortunately, they couldn't due to production purposes.

No, they didn't do it because a) that would not have suited the purposes of the film and b) you do know they received extra money to completely re-design the Predator via Stan Winston once they received the initial costume, right?

Okay, this will be the last post. Just wanted to clear up this misconception. Stan Winston originally had a much more elaborate alien design, which included backwards legs. They didn't give it a backwards bending leg because the jungle locations made it too difficult for filming. That is a production purpose.

stroggificated

stroggificated

Quote from: Vulhala on Aug 31, 2009, 10:38:45 AM
Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 31, 2009, 02:27:17 AM
.....really just show us how much brain the average alien fan really has.....

Ouch Johnny. Ouch  :D
Like i said...he's a c**t.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Aug 31, 2009, 04:44:46 PM
Okay, this will be the last post. Just wanted to clear up this misconception. Stan Winston originally had a much more elaborate alien design, which included backwards legs. They didn't give it a backwards bending leg because the jungle locations made it too difficult for filming. That is a production purpose.
Stan Winston's team didn't design that. Winston's team was brought in to replace that, because the Director thought it looked stupid.

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

This tread clearly shows us that they never should've mixed (and thereby bastardizing) the two franchises in the first place. The easter egg in the end of Predator 2 screwed things up really bad. Really, really bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed