654 (49.8%)

Total Members Voted: 1202

Author
Alien or Predator? (Read 465,049 times)

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 19, 2021, 04:09:42 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 18, 2021, 11:25:20 PM
Yeah the Aliens Special Edition and the AlienĀ³ Special Edition each have a scene that diminishes the Alien's intelligence on the surface level.

What if it was the Queen intelligence instead. I mean, perhaps she was controlling her soldiers with pheromones so that she could test the waters at the battlefield. A sacrifice for a greater good.

https://i.ibb.co/QksKFKC/descarga.jpg

Perhaps ?

https://youtu.be/zPkMd2nLRzQ

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 19, 2021, 04:21:37 PMHer hive was in the atmosphere processor.

I've always liked the theory that she set up there not just because it was a nice warm place to incubate her eggs, but because she knew it would make it difficult for anyone to kill her without vaporising the entire colony. That in turn would tie in with one of the more interesting ideas from Resurrection - that the Aliens inherit memories genetically from their host. She knew because she was born from someone who lived at the colony and knew what the processor was.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2021, 03:57:39 PM
Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 18, 2021, 11:25:20 PMYeah the Aliens Special Edition and the AlienĀ³ Special Edition each have a scene that diminishes the Alien's intelligence on the surface level.

I've never understood how them swarming the sentry guns somehow makes them less intelligent.

They're adapting their strategy to a different scenario, and that's definitely a sign of intelligence.

They know they have sufficient numbers that they can afford to lose a few to get what they're after. When it becomes clear that's not necessarily the case, they adapt again.

Seems intelligent to me. Plus the fact they're willing to die to get what they want when they can afford it just serves to make them scarier imo.

It all speaks to an ant colony type of system, working together to solve complex problems for their common good.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 19, 2021, 04:29:52 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 19, 2021, 04:21:37 PMHer hive was in the atmosphere processor.

I've always liked the theory that she set up there not just because it was a nice warm place to incubate her eggs, but because she knew it would make it difficult for anyone to kill her without vaporising the entire colony. That in turn would tie in with one of the more interesting ideas from Resurrection - that the Aliens inherit memories genetically from their host. She knew because she was born from someone who lived at the colony and knew what the processor was.

Yes, yes and yes again

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 19, 2021, 05:02:25 PM

Yes, yes and yes again

Wow never thought of that before. The memory inherited through genetic material can deliver interesting monster mechanics to so speak. I actually dig it 8)

(Bad Blood)

(Bad Blood)

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 19, 2021, 07:44:04 AM
Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Feb 18, 2021, 11:05:11 PM
Quote from: Eighty-Five on Feb 18, 2021, 06:23:58 PM
Aliens aren't exactly shown to blindly rush into overwhelming opposition.
In Aliens (one their own movies) the Xenomorphs/Aliens literally run into the Automatic turret fire and lose an outlandish amount of their number just to "test the defenses" they very much run blindly into overwhelming opposition.

We ... don't talk about that

https://redecomposition.files.wordpress.com/2020/09/tumblr_osp69u3jg01wo1px3o4_540.gif

Quote from: (Bad Blood) on Feb 18, 2021, 11:30:37 PM
I see your point, I should have put a "Haha" or "lol" my mistake, I was just joking about that scene, I know it's not part of the original film. As much as I love Predators, Aliens are truly much much smarter than people give them credit for, think about this, the predators in AVP are around a hundred years old when they are considered youngbloods that have many years of training under their belt and are defeated by a being that is merely hours or a day or so old. Aliens are born into the world and have to take in everything around them and act in an adult capacity in a very short period of time to survive the hostile environment around them, mind you a human isn't even at this capacity for many years and certainly not as capable to defend itself, as I'm sure is the same for Predators only longer due to how long they live and take to mature, Aliens are within hours to a day able to understand human technology, coordinate and make traps as well as fully understand their own biology (Alien Resurrection they kill their own to escape) we have yet to see Aliens live past two weeks in the movies and they were already very intelligent, I can imagine if they were allowed to live and continue for years they would be nearly unstoppable. As much as I love Predators..Aliens are too damn impressive not admire.

Yeaaaah, actually. Good point
hahahaha, thank you.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Feb 19, 2021, 06:39:00 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Feb 19, 2021, 05:02:25 PM

Yes, yes and yes again

Wow never thought of that before. The memory inherited through genetic material can deliver interesting monster mechanics to so speak. I actually dig it 8)

That's one of those theories that I find particularly interesting. It was one of the elements of Dust to Dust I really enjoyed seeing played with. It's a shame the EU has never played a little more with that.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Requiem does play a little bit with the idea that Chet inherited some traits from Scar. She was going to skin a few Predators and the bodies are still kind of visible in the final film. That was also why she took a spine. It might've also been why she just waited for Wolf to challenge her since she might've known that this was something Predators do.

In AVP 2010 the spine rip was also Dark's introduction to the Predalien as well as if Dark dies in the campaign's final level to it she'll actually tear his head off.

It does make me wonder if the genetic inheritance does go both ways. The Alien they spawn from in addition to the host. If accounting for the queen if the Aliens have a genetic memory then it would explain how Grid ultimately killed Chopper. The Queen has been around so long for prior hunts that she'd know the Predators can turn invisible and might know how to spot it. I mean Aliens at the time didn't have eyes but speaking retroactively with Covenant portraying the POV that could be another example of it.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Feb 21, 2021, 07:10:44 PM
It does make me wonder if the genetic inheritance does go both ways. The Alien they spawn from in addition to the host. If accounting for the queen if the Aliens have a genetic memory then it would explain how Grid ultimately killed Chopper. The Queen has been around so long for prior hunts that she'd know the Predators can turn invisible and might know how to spot it. I mean Aliens at the time didn't have eyes but speaking retroactively with Covenant portraying the POV that could be another example of it.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Video games actually helped a lot in favor of perceived imbalance regarding the two species. I mean, I adore AVP2, but in this game you chain kill Xenos like bugs, with the marine and predator alike.

Kradan

Kradan

Yeah, and then you blow up Marines as Xeno by just jumping at them

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Like in the films?

Kradan

Kradan

I don't remember Dietrich exploding when that Xeno landed on her  ;)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Kradan

Kradan

Fair enough

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed