Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 07:47:40 PM
Drake Apone and Hudson would like to have a word with you.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens Expanded - A New Al...
Last post by Xenomrph - Today at 07:44:27 PM
Quote from: Neila on Yesterday at 08:11:36 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on May 15, 2024, 03:24:02 PM
Quote from: Neila on May 15, 2024, 06:15:30 AMI wasn't completely up to date on the matter.
I thought all along that you could pre-order it for the prices listed if you wanted to be mentioned in the credits, etc.

I assumed that at some point it would be available for everyone to purchase without being credited and at a normal price.
That's how their other documentaries played out, I know because I own several.

According to the CEO that's not the case with this one. Unless he's a liar preying on false FOMO, of course.

I wonder what the motivation is for this. I mean, wouldn't it be more lucrative from a financial point of view to sell it officially instead of just catering to exclusive buyers?

Maybe they've already made enough money from the pre-orders to finance everything, I don't know.

The alien documentary memory was also available for everyone to buy.
However, I don't know whether there were exclusive versions beforehand.
They're trying to have their cake and eat it too. Prey on (false) FOMO to get people to buy in at the high price point, and then snag the people who don't buy in with a lower price point later and hope they don't have a long enough memory to remember (or care about) the FOMO claims.

Don't fall for it.

Also they absolutely made enough money from the initial financing 18 months ago, otherwise the project would never have happened in the first place. That's how crowdfunding (allegedly) works, you need the capital from backers to make the project happen. If they made the documentary, it stands to reason they got the capital on the first go-around. Everything after that is pure profit.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:44:25 PM
Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Today at 04:50:40 PMMaybe, it's just me, but complaining about not wanting to waste time (by watching the movie) while lurking and commenting for months on forums about said movie that you brag about not going to see seems like a waste of time.

Also, sue me, if a fan of the movie franchise is excited about a new movie after 7 years of content drought, but i guess, apparently that means i'm a fanatic shill, drone or lack critical thinking.

I guess this is what people back in the 80s and 90s were caled, before going to watch Aliens and Alien 3.

I don't really have a problem if people won't watch the movie, simply because they can't (financially or kids) or because they are not interested/excited/hopeful, but to go around and acting all high and mighty towards those that are excited for the movie (in said movie's forum lmao) only makes you look like an asshole, contrarians and attention/negativity seekers.

I mean, spending months commenting on a movie forum while bragging about being too good to watch the movie when it comes out, what do you want, a prize or something?

Well said
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: MARVEL Multithread
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:34:28 PM
... until the next one
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 07:28:58 PM
What was it they said, about curiosity and the cat?
Last post by Slutty Badger - Today at 07:25:55 PM
You'd know by now.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Feeds On Minds - Today at 07:23:06 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 07:15:14 AMI never saw Covenant in the theater.  I had ice cream.

Wish I did that.
General Game Discussion / Re: Star Wars Games
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 07:00:49 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Today at 04:16:25 PM
Quote from: EurogamerThe news comes from DualShockers, which has reported as of October 2023 Total War: Star Wars was one of three games in development at the studio.

The studio's most recent game was Total War: Pharaoh, but a Star Wars game would see it return to the more fantastical settings of Total War: Warhammer and (to an extent) Total War: Three Kingdoms.

https://twitter.com/eurogamer/status/1791426457882816902

Seem cool to play, wish I have a pc
Last post by Acid_Reign161 - Today at 06:58:24 PM
How can they impound it if they don't know about it?
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: DC Cinematic Universe
Last post by Thatguy2068 - Today at 06:50:10 PM
Look at Joker design:
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed