Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,761 times)

Wysps

Wysps

Caddyshack, at the behest of my partner. I was not impressed  :(

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dust Devil - The Final Cut

Excellent stuff.

Quote from: Wysps on Oct 14, 2018, 02:03:51 PM

The supporting roles like Bill Murray are great, but the actual main character was hard to care about IMO.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Wysps on Oct 14, 2018, 02:03:51 PM

I love the fact that a lot of the people involved were under the influence most of the time  ;D
Bill Murray's drunk. Rodney's coked up,... Read some asked to be payed daily in cash in order to fund their fun.
There's a scene where the main National Lampoon guy or his gf is having a line the background.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 14, 2018, 05:59:54 PM

Excellent stuff.

Underrated movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Brawl in Cell Block 99

Holy f**k, Vince Vaughan is a legit badass in this. :o

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 15, 2018, 12:10:19 AM
Brawl in Cell Block 99

Guess you like it then?  ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Asylum Blackout

This was pretty well done and entertaining... up until that nonsensical twist ending. Joe Chill from Batman Begins was a solid bad guy, though.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Oct 15, 2018, 12:28:57 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 15, 2018, 12:10:19 AM
Brawl in Cell Block 99

Guess you like it then?  ;D

Bring on Dragged Across Concrete. ;D

Huggs

Huggs

2 different Spencer Tracy movies.

Broken Lance and Keeper of the Flame.

Russ

Russ

Hereditary. Well, it was great.

Spoiler
Right up until the last - needless - scene. Should have ended with the the spirit going into the kid and him smiling that smile that was foreshadowed in his own reflection earlier in the movie. Didn't need the geriatric nude satanist club - the audience doesn't need that kind of spoon feeding!
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 14, 2018, 05:59:54 PM

Excellent stuff.

Stone cold classic

American Gangster - Theatrical Cut
A solid Ridley Scott film. Sure most of it is a huge dramatisation but Crowe and Washington own it. And bloody hell what a cast to back them up

Bad Times at the El Royale
A great film. A strong small ensemble and for a nearly 2 and a half hour long it flew by and kept me engrossed

Black Moon Rising
A film from the mind of John Carpenter as its advertised. He only co-wrote it and came up with the story, but some of his style comes through. Its a bit all over the place, but its a fun film and has a good cast

Black Hawk Down
A great Ridley Scott film. Great ensemble and a story well told. The amount of Brits in the cast too lol

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 15, 2018, 10:34:25 AM

Black Hawk Down
A great Ridley Scott film. Great ensemble and a story well told. The amount of Brits in the cast too lol

Jason Isaacs was the one that got me - I just didn't realise it was him

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Russ on Oct 15, 2018, 10:38:01 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 15, 2018, 10:34:25 AM

Black Hawk Down

Jason Isaacs was the one that got me - I just didn't realise it was him

Not alot of people realise that the guy who plays Jaime Lannister is also in it lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Breakdown

One of those films I really like but probably wouldn't have heard of had I not stumbled across it on TV. Kurt Russell and his wife are driving across the US when their Jeep breaks down - the wife hitches a lift into town with a trucker only to disappear. Russell is excellent in the lead role, especially in the first half where he's playing a man struggling to comprehend what's going on. It does get a bit over-the-top at the very end but it's still a fun watch.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 15, 2018, 10:34:25 AMBlack Hawk Down

Been meaning to rewatch that for ages. It's the very young Tom Hardy that always gets me!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 15, 2018, 10:43:33 AM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 15, 2018, 10:34:25 AMBlack Hawk Down

Been meaning to rewatch that for ages. It's the very young Tom Hardy that always gets me!

Theres so many people you have to watch it twice for that alone

Russ

Russ

If the England game is shit, that's my evening sorted then!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Oct 15, 2018, 10:44:45 AMTheres so many people you have to watch it twice for that alone

I don't remember there being as many as all that, so I'll have to keep my eyes open! Thinking about it, it's actually been a good few years since I last saw it.

On the subject of Isaacs in particular, I always remember when Green Zone came out and he cropped up in that as Steele's evil twin lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed