Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,847 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 13, 2018, 03:18:21 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 12, 2018, 02:17:03 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 12, 2018, 02:13:43 PMI love The Mask of Zorro, but I could never get into the sequel.

Same. The first one is one of my favourite films of the 90s, but I found the sequel almost unwatchable.

Might be the Kurtzman/Orci factor.....

That's my thinking on it too.

Maybe if they do a third one now, with him passing the mantle to the son? may be the best way to reinvigorate it especially as its been 13 years

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Star Trek: First Contact

I'm really not a Star Trek guy, but I do really enjoy a few of the movies, this being one of them. The effects are really good - the Borg look far, far better than they ever did in the TV series - there's some nice action and even horror elements, and the cast all vibe well together. If I criticised anything, it's that it feels like it could do with some additional build-up before the battle at the start, to generate some more suspense. As it is it kinda feels like the Borg just suddenly arrive at Earth without any resistance.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 13, 2018, 11:45:49 AM
Star Trek: First Contact

I'm really not a Star Trek guy, but I do really enjoy a few of the movies, this being one of them. The effects are really good - the Borg look far, far better than they ever did in the TV series - there's some nice action and even horror elements, and the cast all vibe well together. If I criticised anything, it's that it feels like it could do with some additional build-up before the battle at the start, to generate some more suspense. As it is it kinda feels like the Borg just suddenly arrive at Earth without any resistance.

Which is something they kind of explain why and how in Voyager lol

This is a great film. one of the best Trek movies.

Funnily last night the episode of TNG that was on was the Borg's proper debut

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 13, 2018, 11:49:01 AMWhich is something they kind of explain why and how in Voyager lol

Fair enough. As I said, I'm not really a fan, so I've never really watched any of the series.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 13, 2018, 11:49:01 AMFunnily last night the episode of TNG that was on was the Borg's proper debut

The Borg look so cheap in that :laugh: Mind you, despite what I just said, the follow-up two-parter where Picard is assimilated is actually a fantastic bit of TV. Just wish they'd had a little more budget for it, as it does feel like they're really stretching it thin at times.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

This would be fine as a thirty minute short, but 64 minutes of punching with the occasional plot point to string it all together is just not enough. And the scene where Luthor randomly kisses Waller is just the weirdest thing.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Cold Skin (2017)
Meh. Well made creature feature but I expected different and better.
Their are some Lovecraftian elements but I wouldn't call it a Lovecraftian movie
Too bad. But it's my own fault for getting my hopes up.

Coco (2017)
I watch Pixar cartoon stuff for the fun, bright colours and the humour.
This wasn't dark but not colourful either. Story was boring and predictabe, at least I presume because I quit watching halfway through.
Or maybe I'm just too old for this shit.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 12, 2018, 12:20:25 PM
Transformers The Movie (1985)
This movie is my childhood. I can quote the film like no ones business

Spy
Loved it. McCarthy finally gets a leading role that suits her so well. Just brilliant and Statham hams it up perfectly

That Tranformers movie beats all those cgi crapfests.

Statham has a real knack for comedy. Could see him play do the lead in a Naked Gun type movie when he's older.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 13, 2018, 11:55:21 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 13, 2018, 11:49:01 AMWhich is something they kind of explain why and how in Voyager lol

Fair enough. As I said, I'm not really a fan, so I've never really watched any of the series.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 13, 2018, 11:49:01 AMFunnily last night the episode of TNG that was on was the Borg's proper debut

The Borg look so cheap in that :laugh: Mind you, despite what I just said, the follow-up two-parter where Picard is assimilated is actually a fantastic bit of TV. Just wish they'd had a little more budget for it, as it does feel like they're really stretching it thin at times.

They did have a lot of Budget issues in Season two of TNG, some episodes went over budget, so they had to cut back on others later in the season. Which lead to the final episode of Season Two. The worst Star Trek episode ever lol

Best of Both Worlds two parter is one of the best Star Trek episodes out there.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 14, 2018, 04:31:02 AM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 12, 2018, 12:20:25 PM
Transformers The Movie (1985)
This movie is my childhood. I can quote the film like no ones business

Spy
Loved it. McCarthy finally gets a leading role that suits her so well. Just brilliant and Statham hams it up perfectly

That Tranformers movie beats all those cgi crapfests.

Statham has a real knack for comedy. Could see him play do the lead in a Naked Gun type movie when he's older.

Yeah an the story makes more sense than all five Live action ones put together. And what a soundtrack

Oh now I'd love to see Statham do something like Naked Gun

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I thought Threshold was supposed to be the worst Trek episode ever, what with Janeway turning into a giant salamander and all.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 13, 2018, 11:38:55 PM
Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

This would be fine as a thirty minute short.

No! It had Power Girl. The world needs more Power Girl.

With all these mental shows nowadays featuring people that most have never heard of ("most" being non-nerds). I mean Legends of Tomorrow - Rip Hunter and Firestorm? Luke Cage and Agent Carter. They're making Morbius the Living Vampire. A massive movie with Venom in it?

And yet... no Power Girl.

I'm starting a campaign, damnit...

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 14, 2018, 12:43:45 PM
I thought Threshold was supposed to be the worst Trek episode ever, what with Janeway turning into a giant salamander and all.

True, but least its an original story. the season 2 finale of TNG was a clip show lol

The People Under The Stairs
I'd been waiting to see this Wes Craven film for ages. Really enjoyed it worth the wait as well, because it wasn't the film I was expecting at all

My Bloody Valentine (1981)
Really enjoyed this. A great story, does feel like they set up for a sequel that never happened though. But as a stand alone. Brilliant

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017)
Quality movie but not my cup of tea. Felt a tad too long and unfinished.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Puppet Master: Axis Termination

This isn't anything special, but by the standards of Puppet Master, it's not nearly as bad as it could have been. Stuff actually happens in this, for one thing. Now to see how the Bone Tomahawk guy does with Littlest Reich. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 16, 2018, 03:54:40 AM

This isn't anything special, but by the standards of Puppet Master, it's not nearly as bad as it could have been. Stuff actually happens in this, for one thing. Now to see how the Bone Tomahawk guy does with Littlest Reich. :laugh:

Haven't seen any of the series. But since the Bone Tomahawk guy is doing one, I'll have to check it out.
Guess I'll start at with the first one. Which of the sequels do you consider worth watching?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

This was a lot of fun, and James Woods is always great.

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Feb 16, 2018, 04:52:48 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 16, 2018, 03:54:40 AM

Haven't seen any of the series. But since the Bone Tomahawk guy is doing one, I'll have to check it out.
Guess I'll start at with the first one. Which of the sequels do you consider worth watching?

Well, he's only writing the upcoming one.

And I'd say Puppet Master 3 is the only one of them worth watching, period.

Prez

Prez

Bright

Interesting film. A lot more brutal and hardcore (lost count how many F bombs have been dropped) than I thought it would be.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed