Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,797 times)

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 16, 2018, 08:21:27 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 16, 2018, 08:08:25 PMThe Hitcher (1986) - Brilliant film.  Love Rutger Hauer in this.  Watched the remake as well and I thought it was crap, to be honest.

Yeah, the original shits on the insipid remake. Although the first one is helped no end by how naturally creepy Rutger Hauer is. Talk about intense.

I first watched The Hitcher when I was little, about 8 or 9 at the time, and Rutger Hauer creeped me out.  I learnt years later most of his performance was ad-libbed.  Creepy indeed.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pusher 3
Probably my favorite of the trilogy, since there weren't fifteen different scenes of Frank and/or Tonny talking about getting their dicks sucked. :laugh: There was definitely a greater sense of urgency, too.

Red Riding: The Year of Our Lord 1974
Great piece of work. Super mega spoiler:

Spoiler
Sean Bean dies. ;)
[close]

Wweyland

Wweyland

Watched Commando, again. The third act is pure entertainment.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It's not his best, but that's always been my favourite Arnie film.

Used to play a drinking game to it at uni. It was never anything other than a mess :laugh:

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 17, 2018, 04:02:21 PM
It's not his best, but that's always been my favourite Arnie film.

Used to play a drinking game to it at uni. It was never anything other than a mess :laugh:

What were the rules? :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Off the top of my head, we drank every time:
  • Someone is killed (with shots of the hard stuff for each named villain).
  • Someone says a one-liner.
  • Arnie checks his watch (that one f*cks you far more than you'd think :laugh:)
  • Arnie destroys stuff with his bare hands.
  • Val Verde is mentioned.
  • Muscles are deliberately/gratuitously shown off.
I vaguely remember there being something about stereotypical facial hair and/or cigar smoking too, because a ton of the nameless Latino mooks display one or other of these. Also if we didn't knock something back for Bill Paxton's appearance I'd be very surprised :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Red Riding: The Year of Our Lord 1980
Red Riding: The Year of Our Lord 1983

First time actually finishing the trilogy. Damn, that was some good shit.

The Last Boy Scout

"There's a new invention called the razor, use it." "Too dangerous. I might think about you and cut my wrists." :laugh:

D88M

D88M

Jigsaw: Iugh. At least is better than Saw 3D.

The Evil Within: Crazy, odd, nightmarish unreal thing, pretty good.

It Comes At Night: Good. Not bad, not great, some stuff could have been better developed.

Creep: Nice.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 17, 2018, 07:54:28 PMThe Last Boy Scout

"There's a new invention called the razor, use it." "Too dangerous. I might think about you and cut my wrists." :laugh:

The first two thirds of that film are absolutely stellar, possibly some of Shane Black's best writing,, but I've always thought it loses something in the final act. Ironically, Black said the same thing at a Q&A I attended.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 18, 2018, 12:08:45 PM

The first two thirds of that film are absolutely stellar, possibly some of Shane Black's best writing,, but I've always thought it loses something in the final act. Ironically, Black said the same thing at a Q&A I attended.

It was completely rewritten to make it more like Die Hard, so that's not a wrong impression.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 17, 2018, 07:44:56 PM
Off the top of my head, we drank every time:
  • Someone is killed (with shots of the hard stuff for each named villain).
  • Someone says a one-liner.
  • Arnie checks his watch (that one f*cks you far more than you'd think :laugh:)
  • Arnie destroys stuff with his bare hands.
  • Val Verde is mentioned.
  • Muscles are deliberately/gratuitously shown off.
I vaguely remember there being something about stereotypical facial hair and/or cigar smoking too, because a ton of the nameless Latino mooks display one or other of these. Also if we didn't knock something back for Bill Paxton's appearance I'd be very surprised :laugh:

Okay now that gives me an idea for a Youtube video lol

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 18, 2018, 12:53:56 PM

It was completely rewritten to make it more like Die Hard, so that's not a wrong impression.

Really? typical. would love to know how the third act was originally meant to go

No Escape
An extremely underrated film. The version I had was called Escape from Absolom, but its still the same film. Absolutely fantastic. Ray Liotta is brilliant and its great to see Lance Henriksen in a good guy role

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Been working by way through my new RoboCop trilogy Blu-ray set this week.

RoboCop

One of the reasons why I think the year of my birth might be a contender for the best year ever for movies. Not much that needs to be said. Iconic. This is Verheoven firing on all cylinders.

RoboCop 2

Kinda reminds me of Predator 2 this, in that it's a sequel that always seems to get bashed simply because it doesn't live up to the first, but taken by itself it's a seriously entertaining action movie. There are faults - it feels overly mean-spirited at times, and the way it reverts RoboCop to a monotonous law machine when he'd largely regained his humanity by the conclusion of the first film really grates - but there's also a hell of a lot to recommend it. It does a good job of maintaining the satirical tone of the original, the action sequences are good, there's some genuinely hilarious comic touches, and the final battle with the titular RoboCop 2 is spectacular (also one of the last times a Hollywood blockbuster would utilise stop-motion effects). Great stuff.

RoboCop 3

And then there's this... I almost didn't bother watching this, but as I hadn't seen it since I was a kid I decided to put it on. F*cking terrible. It's like they actively tried to make the worst decisions possible with every aspect of it. About the only positive thing I can say is they got Poledouris back - it's great to hear his pounding soundtrack after its absence in the second movie. But it can't save what is otherwise a shit sandwich.

theDecline84

theDecline84

Alien 3 (theatrical cut)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 18, 2018, 09:49:15 PM
Been working by way through my new RoboCop trilogy Blu-ray set this week.

RoboCop

One of the reasons why I think the year of my birth might be a contender for the best year ever for movies. Not much that needs to be said. Iconic. This is Verheoven firing on all cylinders.

RoboCop 2

Kinda reminds me of Predator 2 this, in that it's a sequel that always seems to get bashed simply because it doesn't live up to the first, but taken by itself it's a seriously entertaining action movie. There are faults - it feels overly mean-spirited at times, and the way it reverts RoboCop to a monotonous law machine when he'd largely regained his humanity by the conclusion of the first film really grates - but there's also a hell of a lot to recommend it. It does a good job of maintaining the satirical tone of the original, the action sequences are good, there's some genuinely hilarious comic touches, and the final battle with the titular RoboCop 2 is spectacular (also one of the last times a Hollywood blockbuster would utilise stop-motion effects). Great stuff.

RoboCop 3

And then there's this... I almost didn't bother watching this, but as I hadn't seen it since I was a kid I decided to put it on. F*cking terrible. It's like they actively tried to make the worst decisions possible with every aspect of it. About the only positive thing I can say is they got Poledouris back - it's great to hear his pounding soundtrack after its absence in the second movie. But it can't save what is otherwise a shit sandwich.

Robocop 2 is the film i always think of when somebody brings up Robocop  ;D love that movie.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Blade Runner 2049

Was that Avon Barksdale in the forensics lab? Can't believe I missed him in two theatrical viewings. :laugh: Also, how perfect is it that Deckard's dog is also an alcoholic? That almost makes too much sense. :laugh:

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 18, 2018, 12:58:57 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 18, 2018, 12:53:56 PM

Really? typical. would love to know how the third act was originally meant to go

This describes it briefly, apparently the original ending was set on boats in the fog off the coast. That and apparently there was subplot about Milo running a snuff film operation, and Hallenback's wife would get roped into it. I could probably acquire the draft if I dug deeply enough, but one of my main script sources just moved a bunch of files to a google drive to save bandwidth, and those things are f**king pains to search.

The Hitman's Bodyguard

I had a lot of fun with this. It has weird tonal shifts, Gary Oldman feels like he's from a different movie, and I'm pretty sure the World Court doesn't work like that at all, but there's plenty of action, good comedy, and Sam Jackson saying motherf**ker, so I can give it a pass.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Lara Croft:  Tomb Raider (2001) - I forgot how cheesy this is.  The opening scene she fights a robot.  May as well have been called Angelina Jolie:  Tomb Raider.  Is a decent time waster though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed