Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,568 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Lethal Weapon 4
Not as good as the first two but still a great "end" to the series. Was suprised to see a few extra bits in this, that i hadnt seen before

The Pyramid
Rubbish, just rubbish. A mix of Found Footage and not, it had a good start but just fell apart

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 10, 2017, 05:37:16 PM
The Pyramid
Rubbish, just rubbish. A mix of Found Footage and not, it had a good start but just fell apart

Aren't the monsters evil CG cats in that? :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 10, 2017, 05:39:25 PM
The Pyramid

Well there's the cats and something else lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 10, 2017, 05:37:16 PMLethal Weapon 4
Not as good as the first two but still a great "end" to the series. Was suprised to see a few extra bits in this, that i hadnt seen before

Were you watching the Blu-ray? The BBFC cut that one to pieces back when it came out, but the Blu-ray is now uncut. Might be why.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 10, 2017, 05:40:31 PM
The Pyramid

Lol i felt that this "something else" was kinda cool i must admit !

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2017, 06:06:10 PM

Were you watching the Blu-ray? The BBFC cut that one to pieces back when it came out, but the Blu-ray is now uncut. Might be why.

It was on Sony Movie Channel i think. It was actually on TV. Used to have it on VHS and my mum has the complete DVD boxset from awhile ago. So those must have been the cut versions then

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 10, 2017, 06:34:57 PM
The Pyramid

It was a cool concept but the CGI was a bit iffy

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 11, 2017, 12:17:58 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 10, 2017, 06:06:10 PM

It was on Sony Movie Channel i think. It was actually on TV. Used to have it on VHS and my mum has the complete DVD boxset from awhile ago. So those must have been the cut versions then

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 10, 2017, 06:34:57 PM
The Pyramid

It was a cool concept but the CGI was a bit iffy

True, like all the CGI in the movie unfortunately.

Just watched It Comes At Night.

Find it "meh", but the actors were good.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 11, 2017, 12:17:58 PMIt was on Sony Movie Channel i think. It was actually on TV. Used to have it on VHS and my mum has the complete DVD boxset from awhile ago. So those must have been the cut versions then.

Yeah, those old releases were censored (a lot). I don't remember it being on TV for years so no doubt SMC got hold of a modern, passed-uncut copy for their showing.

In fact, British TV screenings often seem to be ahead of physical releases when it comes to catching up with the BBFC relaxing their censorship criteria - I've seen Arnie's Eraser uncut on TV several times, but it's yet to get an uncut home video release in the UK as far as I'm aware.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Sep 11, 2017, 01:23:32 PM

Just watched It Comes At Night.

Find it "meh", but the actors were good.

I concur. Real let down.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 11, 2017, 02:06:40 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 11, 2017, 12:17:58 PMIt was on Sony Movie Channel i think. It was actually on TV. Used to have it on VHS and my mum has the complete DVD boxset from awhile ago. So those must have been the cut versions then.

Yeah, those old releases were censored (a lot). I don't remember it being on TV for years so no doubt SMC got hold of a modern, passed-uncut copy for their showing.

In fact, British TV screenings often seem to be ahead of physical releases when it comes to catching up with the BBFC relaxing their censorship criteria - I've seen Arnie's Eraser uncut on TV several times, but it's yet to get an uncut home video release in the UK as far as I'm aware.

Sounds like it yeah. It was great watching the full version. It was weird because the stuff they cut was pretty tame, surprising but tame compared to what gets through today.

Yes Eraser is a prime example. The VHS had the crocodile stuff and the train at the end cut, yet the past couple of years its been uncut on TV

Deathgasm
An absolutely over the top Comedy Horror from New Zealand. It has shades of Evil Dead and has a kick ass soundtrack. Death To False Metal!   :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 12, 2017, 05:17:34 PMYes Eraser is a prime example. The VHS had the crocodile stuff and the train at the end cut, yet the past couple of years its been uncut on TV

The censorship on Eraser is mental. You literally don't even see the main villains die in the cut version :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

So does Arnold shout "You're luggage!" at nothing? :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Hah, no, it's still in the film, but in old copies most of it mauling the bad guys was censored to remove the more gratuitous violence.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 12, 2017, 05:17:34 PM

Deathgasm
An absolutely over the top Comedy Horror from New Zealand. It has shades of Evil Dead and has a kick ass soundtrack. Death To False Metal!   :laugh:

Yeah, I saw that the other night. I wish it had been NWOBHM instead of the doom/death stuff... but it was still awesome. I loved the metal-horn handshake - spot on.

I watched "Eliminators" with Scott Adkins. It's entirely shot in London using British actors - yet for some reason, Brummie Adkins is playing American FBI Agent Martin Thomas. Well, not for some reason - the reason is that production companies don't think the US audience will root for a hero unless he's from the US. That's pretty silly in my view, but there you are.

Got to say, for direct to DVD WWE funded actioner, this one was great (it had a wrestler called Wade Barrett as the main baddie). There were enough plot holes to drive a truck through and special agent Thomas oftentimes neglected his training... why...? Cos then he could beat more people up in a brutal and devastating way. Because reasons. Because boss fight.

It was ace. Loved it. And there's an ace twist with the "love interest."

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

My favourite of those so-bad-they're-good-straight-to-video action flicks is a 90s film called Recoil with British stuntman/martial artist Gary Daniels. It's an absolute riot from start to finish, and has the most hilariously abrupt ending of any movie I've ever seen.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed