Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,806 times)

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Its amazing stuff I love this film.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Mar 07, 2010, 03:53:34 PM
Its amazing stuff I love this film.

Here's the official trailer of the Lost World from 1997, still gives me goosebumps!  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIkOdrJGNy0

Skinner

Skinner

That trailer is amazing. I still remember seeing it the first time.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

That film is amazing. I got a copy of it off of Amazon last week. :D

Alien³

Alien³

Can't wait for the blu-ray later this year! :P

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Just watched JP And Brings back all the memories from when I was a Kid good times. :')

Nychus

Nychus

Quote from: Dark Passenger on Mar 07, 2010, 11:44:53 AM
when you see such good cgi like that from jurrasic park and then you go and see something like transformers it makes you wonder what happened?....doestn seem liek theyve improved on the cgi at all
It's been abused to hell in search for similar success to that with Jurassic Park. That sadly turns the genre into an expensive commercial(come on, what target audience do you think they made Transformers for). A flashy special effect does not a good movie make. When you can't perceive something as an effect it enhances the experience. Jurassic Park somewhat succeeds with that and is the way movie special effects should infact be handled. You don't enhance the effect with the movie but the movie USING the effect. There's no charm in a magic trick when it's all done with a computer(unless you're talking about a cartoon such as Toy Story).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2010, 06:06:29 PM

Are they confirmed for release?

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 08, 2010, 02:40:26 PM
Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 07, 2010, 06:06:29 PM

Are they confirmed for release?

Last I heard the trilogy was being released along with JAWS and Saving Private Ryan sometime in 2010.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

About time too. These films would look amazing in HD ;D

SM

SM

QuoteAnd? It was still stupid.

Never could really fathom why people cried so much when a T-Rex gets pwned.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2010, 10:00:02 PM

Same reason people cry when an Alien isn't portrayed "correctly", or when a Predator doesn't act or look like a real predator. People don't like seeing creatures and characters they grew up with getting owned.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 04, 2010, 02:34:03 PM
The thing about JP3 is that it had a heavily emphasis on Raptors. The Lost World had the long grass scene and the abandoned station, and that was it. Mostly the Rex's movie. JP3 used Raptors way more than the Spino.

And yet i think the raptors portrayal and the scenes involving them where weaker than their appearances in JP and LW. Shame.
Quote from: Remonster on Mar 08, 2010, 10:05:47 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2010, 10:00:02 PM

Same reason people cry when an Alien isn't portrayed "correctly", or when a Predator doesn't act or look like a real predator. People don't like seeing creatures and characters they grew up with getting owned.

I agree. I remember watching it thinking, whaaaaaaaat the T-Rex is dead? No way. I was gutted. Its similar to the Newborn killing the Queen with payoff and no lead up. Perhaps if the inital attack on the plane was by the t-rex and the following scenes leading upto the fight. When the group stumbles upon the dead dinosaur it should have been the spinosaur that reared its head and then came out and fought the T-Rex. That way the audience would of just had their fix of the T Rex and then they would get a scene that makes them think "shit that thing just killed a t rex". It would of been a much better introduction and the payoff at the end of the fight wouldve been much better.

Alien³

Alien³

This is how I see the trilogy.

Jurassic Park - My favourite film of all time and a masterpiece.
The Lost World: Jurassic Park - A worthy sequel and one hell of a ride.
Jurassic Park /// - A good popcorn movie.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Alien³ on Mar 08, 2010, 11:10:15 PM
This is how I see the trilogy.

Jurassic Park - My favourite film of all time and a masterpiece.
The Lost World: Jurassic Park - A worthy sequel and one hell of a ride.
Jurassic Park /// - A good popcorn movie. A godawful abomination.

Fixed that for you. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed