Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,802 times)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Sitting in the theater. Excited as hell! Got perfect seats too  8)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

That was the movie 7 year old me wishes he could have made.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 11, 2015, 03:12:14 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 11, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
Really looking forward to this, I am a bit surprised at the criticism it's been getting but I'll wait until I see the film myself to decide.

Why? never expected this to do particularly well.

shut up hubbs thats why

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 12, 2015, 01:35:21 AM
Quote from: Hubbs on Jun 11, 2015, 03:12:14 AM
Quote from: MudButt on Jun 11, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
Really looking forward to this, I am a bit surprised at the criticism it's been getting but I'll wait until I see the film myself to decide.

Why? never expected this to do particularly well.

shut up hubbs thats why

lol finally
Quote from: szkoki on Jun 11, 2015, 09:50:18 PM
how about the fact that this movie ruined the whole purpose of Jurassic Park? and i dont get it that you guys say its horrible and all, yet you recommend it for everyone?

::) this movie is on the level of the new TNMNT

Are you sure this isn't the result of bloated expectations? I find it hard to believe it's THAT bad.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Jurassic Park 3 isn't as bad as I remember it, which I'm stunned to say, quite frankly. Is it the weakest of the three (haven't seen JW yet)? Arguably. I'd say it's on par with TLW. JP 3 has some nice moments like the Pteranodon aviary sequence and the chase with the raptors in the jungle isn't bad. The film's problem is a lack of pacing. Everything happens too quickly and too soon.

Yeah, I just rewatched it. Jurassic World in less than 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------

On a more serious note, I've never been  had such conflicted anticipation for a film. On one hand, I want to see it more than anything. On the other, I'm very worried. The negative feedback is quite loud.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 12, 2015, 02:57:52 AM
Jurassic Park 3 isn't as bad as I remember it, which I'm stunned to say, quite frankly. Is it the weakest of the three (haven't seen JW yet)? Arguably. I'd say it's on par with TLW. JP 3 has some nice moments like the Pteranodon aviary sequence and the chase with the raptors in the jungle isn't bad. The film's problem is a lack of pacing. Everything happens too quickly and too soon.

Yeah, I just rewatched it. Jurassic World in less than 24 hours!!!!!!!!!!!

-----------------------------

On a more serious note, I've never been  had such conflicted anticipation for a film. On one hand, I want to see it more than anything. On the other, I'm very worried. The negative feedback is quite loud.
Yeah, rewatching JP3 today, I was surprised by how straightforward it is. It wastes no time getting to running from dinosaurs, and it does it dutifully if not creatively. And then it ends.

I imagine if JW came out two years after JP3, it would have been lauded as a rebound.

Razz

Razz

Seeing this tonight with friends, so can't wait.  :)

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

So i got out a couple hours ago and I loved it.

The flaws are abundantly clear. And I do think the movie is around that 74% RT has it at. But I was exhilarated and had a lot if fun with it especially with the third act which was superb.

Definitely worth a watch. I'll go more into it tomorrow.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I saw it yesterday. Loved it. I'm not a dinosaur buff so all this palaeontologist stuff isn't a bother to me. Even then, the film waves it off with Wu saying that they wouldn't look the same as they do if they didn't have to fill in the gaps in the DNA. It's not Jurassic Park, that's a really important thing to understand. It's not really a remake of the first film. It's a Jurassic Park film (lots of elements from the series) but it's not the first one.

Characters, as stated, were pretty bleh. I loved Pratt and Johnson (but I feel that was probably more because I love them anyway). I did enjoy the way the Raptors and Owen's relationship was handled. It worked really well for me and the whole weaponized story aspect was handled with a very soft touch, I thought. Nothing over the top.

I thought the monster on monster stuff was very fan wanky but again, it worked for me. The I-Rex was believable as genetic crossover has been a thing since the first film. It didn't feel at all out of place.

I really enjoyed it. Plus, no re-used dialogue.  ;D

blood.

blood.

I especially liked the part where
Spoiler
they turned the t rex into a Pokemon ::)
[close]

szkoki

szkoki

okay so im an ass then  ;D everyone loves this blasphemy

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The movie was extremely predictable especially considering the trailers showed way too much. Still screw the flaws; the movie was awesome and gorgeous. Loved the iRex.

Spoiler
better yet the iRex isn't shown being dispatched at the end, it's only assumed
[close]

I honestly thought I was going to hate the characters but I loved them and there wasn't all that much comedy in it.

Wrecktangle

Wrecktangle

Was it good as the original? Nope. Was it a damn worthy sequel and a great time? Hell to the yes!

My jaw dropped through the entire third act. I was filled with childhood nostalgia and giddiness!
Spoiler
I-Rex ain't'got shit on the king of the dinosaurs!
[close]

The motorcycle part was lot less dumb than I thought, actually, it was amazing! Lot of respect for the Velociraptors street cred in the movie.

Was anyone else surprised at the brutality of
Spoiler
the way the pterodactyl toyed with the assistant? WOW.
[close]

Bugger JJ, this is a buy on Blu Ray.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh, yeah, I forgot to complain that the story was quite predictable thanks for all the trailers. I didn't see the big finale to the fight coming though- thought that was bad ass.

Alien³

Alien³

For me JW feels like a hybrid of the first three movies, in tone and style. It brings a lot of new elements and characters to justify it being the fourth chapter and is the perfect way to reboot a franchise which was sleeping for 14 years.

Saw it at the premier and was blown away. Saw it again last night in 2D on a small screen and it again blew me away. The climax was a lot easier to follow in 2D and I seriously cannot wait to own the blu-ray to go through this gem picking up all the little details.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed