Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,859 times)

Alien³

Alien³

ace3g

Alien³

Alien³

7 new Dinosaurs added to the site! www.jurassicworld.com/?redirect=false 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Holy shit, morherf**king Suchomimus, hell to the cuttlefish f**k yes.

xeno-kaname

Vertigo

Vertigo

You might notice a major upgrade in quality on some of these illustrations, it's because they recently hired the amazingly talented Julius Csotonyi to produce some digital paintings for the site. One of them is apparently an accurate Velociraptor, so I'd imagine that one at least won't make it onto the site.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Maybe they'll get a cameo in the film and there'll be an explanation as to why the 'main' Raptors look different.

Also, nice. Had no idea Csotonyi was attached to those.

Vertigo

Vertigo

It's unlikely his work will make it into the film in any form, sadly. They only hired him late in 2014, when they'd finished filming and were well into post-production.
It's reignited the discussion about the film's (non) use of accurate and colourful dinosaurs in some of the forums I read, because Csotonyi's digital paintings look so much better than the film-translated 3D models elsewhere on the site.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah the Suchomimus and Baryonyx are insane. Love them.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Yeah the 'new' dinosaurs definitely seem more colorful than ones already introduced, at least on the site. I wonder if the movie will balance that out more.

I don't know if these have already been shared, but I thought they were pretty cool -
Spoiler

I still need to get around to reading the books.
[close]

Godzillakuj94

Godzillakuj94

A little comic I made today.

Intrepid-Traveler

Intrepid-Traveler

Quote from: Gilfryd on Feb 27, 2015, 09:09:37 PM
Yeah the 'new' dinosaurs definitely seem more colorful than ones already introduced, at least on the site. I wonder if the movie will balance that out more.

I don't know if these have already been shared, but I thought they were pretty cool -
Spoiler

[close]

Read the first book instead of watching jurassic world. It shows the menace of the (multiple) velociraptors and the book it much more horrific and scientific. Its one of the reasons why I think having trained velociraptors in the new movie completely destroys the original intention of the series. Really great though, as a fan of the series and dinosaurs in general I loved it.

Maybe also try a book called "raptor red" if your interested in stuff like that.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: Intrepid-Traveler on Feb 28, 2015, 12:36:49 AM
Quote from: Gilfryd on Feb 27, 2015, 09:09:37 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Read the first book instead of watching jurassic world. It shows the menace of the (multiple) velociraptors and the book it much more horrific and scientific. Its one of the reasons why I think having trained velociraptors in the new movie completely destroys the original intention of the series. Really great though, as a fan of the series and dinosaurs in general I loved it.

Maybe also try a book called "raptor red" if your interested in stuff like that.
One of the producers said there are no tamed raptors. So I'm pretty sure they're being coerced at least.

And yeah you have to read the book!!

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

I always wondered why Crichton used Velociraptors knowing how small they were when they were similar dinosaurs like Deinonychus which were much bigger. Utah Raptor was discovered too late and was actually a bit bigger than the raptors in the films.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Vertigo on Feb 27, 2015, 01:26:07 PM
It's unlikely his work will make it into the film in any form, sadly. They only hired him late in 2014, when they'd finished filming and were well into post-production.
It's reignited the discussion about the film's (non) use of accurate and colourful dinosaurs in some of the forums I read, because Csotonyi's digital paintings look so much better than the film-translated 3D models elsewhere on the site.

Does that mean Suchomimus, Metriacanthus, etc, won't actually be seen in the movie?  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed