Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,869 times)

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 01:04:51 AM
Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 26, 2014, 12:22:51 AM
Just for reference:

Mosasaur screencap
[close]

How long would you say those jaws look? I'd say just over 5 metres (~17 feet), using the handler on the platform (who may be slightly further away) for scale.

The biggest known mosasaur skulls had jaw lengths of 1.5 metres, making this chappy on a whole other level of magnitude.

Again, camera-angles dude. There were times in the original JP when the Rex head looked like it was nine feet long.

I would complain about the CG looking unfinished, but people said that about the second Godzilla trailer (when he emerges from the water) but of course that was fixed for the film.

Using the shark as reference (you can't call camera angles on that) it looks to be about 5 meters of jaw length too. Adult Great Whites are about 4-5m long. I suppose that the shark may be an adolescent or not a Great White at all.

Perhaps it is a Porbeagle or Salmon Shark that looks kind of like a Great Whites but are only about 2.5m, that still puts the jaw length at around 3m, which is still twice as big as it should be.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 12:03:42 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 26, 2014, 06:27:17 AM
I'm just curious how a mosquito got on that aquatic motherf**ker.

Old depictions of marine reptiles show (albeit plesiosaurs mostly) them coming up onto the shore to bask in the sun. I don't think mosasaurs did that, but if you want a semi-plausible explanation, there it is.

Any rest or sleep they needed would have to be done at the surface, in order to breathe (we know at least one mosasaur had massive amounts of melanin along its back, which forms a natural sunscreen, suggesting they may have spent a LOT of time at the surface).
So a freshwater mosasaur might potentially be exposed to airborne parasites, if you assume it inhabited a swampy environment, and that a bug is able to penetrate its hide (which isn't really any different to the conceit the franchise already employs for dinosaurs).

...Though that does mean you'd have to imagine a mosasaur that's apparently the size of a fin whale, splashing around in a mangrove swamp.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vertigo on Nov 26, 2014, 03:07:20 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 12:03:42 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Nov 26, 2014, 06:27:17 AM
I'm just curious how a mosquito got on that aquatic motherf**ker.

Old depictions of marine reptiles show (albeit plesiosaurs mostly) them coming up onto the shore to bask in the sun. I don't think mosasaurs did that, but if you want a semi-plausible explanation, there it is.

Any rest or sleep they needed would have to be done at the surface, in order to breathe (we know at least one mosasaur had massive amounts of melanin along its back, which forms a natural sunscreen, suggesting they may have spent a LOT of time at the surface).
So a freshwater mosasaur might potentially be exposed to airborne parasites, if you assume it inhabited a swampy environment, and that a bug is able to penetrate its hide (which isn't really any different to the conceit the franchise already employs for dinosaurs).

...Though that does mean you'd have to imagine a mosasaur that's apparently the size of a fin whale, splashing around in a mangrove swamp.

Well if Walking With Beasts is any proof and Basilosaurus could do it, so could a Hainosaurus-sized mosasaur, lol.

jacc.90

jacc.90

Spoiler
[close]

OH... Morgan, my friend, I'll teach you something:

Spoiler
[close]

Hubbs

Hubbs

The whole plot seems suspect to me, like why would you open up the park again after what happened? Then of course it all kicks off again sooooo...seems like a rehash.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

To everyone complaining about the story being predictable, unoriginal, yada yada yada...what were you expecting, exactly? There isn't a whole lot of room for this movie to go.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 26, 2014, 05:37:21 PM
The whole plot seems suspect to me, like why would you open up the park again after what happened? Then of course it all kicks off again sooooo...seems like a rehash.

Because dinosaurs.

MudButt

MudButt

Hubbs you're still gonna watch it and then write up a review for someone to read somewhere, so quit playin' with all of your negative comments. Jurassic World will get your money and time.

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 05:42:42 PM
To everyone complaining about the story being predictable, unoriginal, yada yada yada...what were you expecting, exactly? There isn't a whole lot of room for this movie to go.

Exactly, so why the excitement? its possibly gonna be exactly the same as the first movie accept replace a T-Rex with a monster hybrid thing. Just saying, sounds/looks like a rehash.

Quote from: MudButt on Nov 26, 2014, 05:50:43 PM
Hubbs you're still gonna watch it and then write up a review for someone to read somewhere, so quit playin' with all of your negative comments. Jurassic World will get your money and time.

You can't wait for my review can you hehe :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 26, 2014, 05:53:23 PM

Exactly, so why the excitement?

Because we haven't had a good dinosaur movie in ages (depending on people's opinions about WWD) and Jurassic Park is a beloved franchise.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Exactly, so why the excitement? its possibly gonna be exactly the same as the first movie accept replace a T-Rex with a monster hybrid thing. Just saying, sounds/looks like a rehash.

Because dinosaurs.

Spoiler
And the T-Rex is still there so that criticism is a moot point. ;D ;D ;D
[close]

Hubbs

Hubbs

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 05:58:41 PM

Because we haven't had a good dinosaur movie in ages (depending on people's opinions about WWD) and Jurassic Park is a beloved franchise.

Yeah I can see that but wasn't the original movie the only decent one? would you really call it a beloved franchise? Its in the same boat as The Matrix, good first film but then went down hill. Admittedly I don't remember anything about the sequels, gotta rewatch.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Lots of people enjoyed The Lost World, and there are those enjoyed JP 3. I don't count myself as one of the latter, but certainly the former.

Taxemic

Taxemic

One thing I wish or hope they do is include the intro music from the first film. Jurassic Park felt tense the moment it started.

The Son of Paragus

The Son of Paragus

Quote from: Hubbs on Nov 26, 2014, 06:07:00 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 05:58:41 PM

Yeah I can see that but wasn't the original movie the only decent one? would you really call it a beloved franchise? Its in the same boat as The Matrix, good first film but then went down hill. Admittedly I don't remember anything about the sequels, gotta rewatch.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Nov 26, 2014, 06:08:36 PM
Lots of people enjoyed The Lost World, and there are those enjoyed JP 3. I don't count myself as one of the latter, but certainly the former.

This, The Lost World was a great and interesting sequel (I still prefer JP but I don't see TLW as a "worse" film at all) and JP3 should have had a totally different story, going from TLW there were tons of options to go from there, but then JP3 came as it came...

But i'm psyched about JW, I hope there will be some remarks about JP1, maybe that "restricted area" has some left overs from the first park, like we saw in the teaser poster, that would be cool.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed