Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,353,323 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 07, 2014, 12:49:10 AM
Quote from: Requiem28 on Feb 06, 2014, 11:01:44 PM
Well, You can buy mine off me if you're interested.

New Interview with Phil Tippett!

http://www.jurassicworld.org/?id=102

Spoiler
Jack: Do you know if Jurassic World is relying more on VFX this time around or will the late Stan Winston's legendary animatronics live on?

Phil: I think there's going to be much more computer graphics and less on-set dinosaurs.

Spoiler
:(
[close]
[close]

What was that line Malcolm used in Jurassic Park? Extinct. That's how I would describe animatronics these days. :'(

Their jobs got outsourced to computers.

Gate

Gate

Looking back on the first two films, holy shit was the CG amazing when you blended it with Animatronics :\ It won't be the same with completely CG-meshed creatures. JP3 fell victim to that, with the Spinosaur looking so digital.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Spoiler
Jack: Do you know if Jurassic World is relying more on VFX this time around or will the late Stan Winston's legendary animatronics live on?

Phil: I think there's going to be much more computer graphics and less on-set dinosaurs.

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

From a mile away.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 07, 2014, 12:50:39 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Feb 07, 2014, 12:49:10 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

What was that line Malcolm used in Jurassic Park? Extinct. That's how I would describe animatronics these days. :'(

Their jobs got outsourced to computers.

Don't you mean extinct?

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Gate on Feb 07, 2014, 04:01:37 AM
JP3 fell victim to that, with the Spinosaur looking so digital.
The Spinosaur is just as much an animatronic as the other dinosaurs in the series.

Rewatched all of these for some reason over the last few days. I think the reason why the CGI and practical effects blend so well is they actually bothered to make the movements match. The CGI versions do things the practical ones physically couldn't, but they do so in a way that looks like the puppets would have if they were so capable.

Most movies don't bother. Look at A:R-AvPR -- the suit Aliens are largely stiff and inflexible, but when they cut to the CGI versions they're animated and full of life. Even if the CGI had been absolutely photorealistic you'd be able to tell the change just from their behaviour.

It's a pity a lot of movies don't seem to bother any more :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

How much?

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 07, 2014, 02:12:10 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

How much?

I'll PM you.

Quote from: SiL on Feb 07, 2014, 07:41:28 AM
Quote from: Gate on Feb 07, 2014, 04:01:37 AM
JP3 fell victim to that, with the Spinosaur looking so digital.
The Spinosaur is just as much an animatronic as the other dinosaurs in the series.

Rewatched all of these for some reason over the last few days. I think the reason why the CGI and practical effects blend so well is they actually bothered to make the movements match. The CGI versions do things the practical ones physically couldn't, but they do so in a way that looks like the puppets would have if they were so capable.

Most movies don't bother. Look at A:R-AvPR -- the suit Aliens are largely stiff and inflexible, but when they cut to the CGI versions they're animated and full of life. Even if the CGI had been absolutely photorealistic you'd be able to tell the change just from their behaviour.

It's a pity a lot of movies don't seem to bother any more :-\

Absolutely.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Trying not to have a cynical view of Jurassic World... but I'm having a cynical view of Jurassic World.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Just thought of this, but wouldn't you just love to see these guys in a Jurassic Park movie?...

Imagine....

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

A friend of mine sent me that this morning. I don't know what to make of it, exactly. All I see is a blurry mess.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

It's the first movie in still images.

Gate

Gate

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 08, 2014, 05:18:17 PM
It's the first movie in still images.

Yes, but that's only really apparent if you look at an enlarged image. But at this size, it looks blurry.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed