Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,860 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Sep 17, 2013, 02:38:39 PM
Everyone read this: http://badassdigest.com/2013/09/16/the-true-story-behind-the-jurassic-world-pitch-reel/

Quoteideas for a new film, one where dinosaurs would begin attacking California - basically a bigger scale version of Jurassic Park: The Lost World.

Not sure which idea I dislike more. This, or dino-human hybrids.

DC

DC

Hate them bolth.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Good thing they're not going with any of those ideas.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Just f-ing bring in Lewis Dogson and BioSyn.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Requiem28 on Sep 18, 2013, 02:25:58 PM

Bringing in BioSyn would be the best thing to do with this film.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: DoomRulz on Sep 18, 2013, 11:24:19 AM
Not sure which idea I dislike more. This, or dino-human hybrids.

...there were never any dino-human hybrids in the Sayles script. There were Deinonychus with a few extra genes from dogs, humans and Ornitholestes.

Would anyone describe the dinos in the original film as Dino-Frog hybrids just because they had a few extra frog genes? :P

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Spielberg's original idea waaaaaaaaaaay back when JP IV was first discussed was human-dinosaur soldiers.

Yeah.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Nope. His idea and the script that John Sayles did was about tamed deinonychus and dilophosaurus being used as improved "attack dogs" for military uses. :P Crazy, sure. But the original film was about female dinosaurs with frog dna that also had magical penis growing abilities. :laugh: (Jurassic Park was a film about futanari dinosaurs, deal with it.)  ;D

And they never picked up a gun at any point during the script, either. lol.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

A sex-changing species is able to turn female genitalia into male ones (and vice-versa) when the sex change occurs.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

and futanari - japanese term for hermaphodite wich is what species with those abilites are classed as. (Sequential Hermaphrodites to be exact.)

Mighty Hermaphrodite Dinosaurs - The Movie by Steven Spielberg.

quite a badass film, that was.

P.S: i think this was the frog that inspired that part of the original story, btw: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_reed_frog

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah (though there is no evidence they are sequential).

Vertigo

Vertigo

You don't even have to assume that Jurassic Park's dinosaurs changed sex to reproduce. Many amphibians (from whence, inexplicably, some of JP's gap-filling DNA is sourced) and some reptiles reproduce asexually in one-gender communities. There are even freak occurrences of it happening in birds.

As for training dinosaurs as "attack animals" or any other form of husbandry, in my opinion it is scientifically very plausible (beyond the gigantic leap of cloning dinosaurs in the first place), but I don't really want to see it.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Yup, i remember some news about snakes giving "virgin birth" to offspring that were essentially genetic clones of the mother.

Are you sure you dont want to see a genetically engineered team of deinonychus and dilophosaurus taking down and devouring kidnappers and drug dealers that are armed to their teeth? :laugh:

Spoilers: in the draft that leaked the dinosaurs were being mistreated by most of their keepers, so they kept trying to break free of the training facilities and during the final "mission", after taking down drug dealers in south america.. they do exactly that. So it still had the vibes of the original film of it being about animals trying to escape from the confinements that "man" put them in. Plus it also had the themes of animal welfare of the second film. The protagonist, responsible for their military training, was working secretly for Richard Hammond (of the original film) and was under close watch by the fellas responsible for breeding the "attack dinos"... So it worked as a sort of Spy story in the jurassic park universe, with a protagonist that was under danger from his bosses at Grendel Corporation and under danger from the very dinosaurs that he was working with... both of wich could turn against him at any moments notice. I felt that it was fun and it was a couple of drafts away from being a really solid Jurassic Park feature... it already felt better than the 3rd film at least. :P

If i were to rewrite it, first thing would be to put Byosin in there instead of the swiss Grendel Corporation... but i digress. :P

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 18, 2013, 04:14:45 PM

Bringing in BioSyn would be the best thing to do with this film.

I agree.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed