Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,858 times)

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jul 03, 2013, 02:22:04 AM
Does wishful thinking count as believing?

Same.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jul 03, 2013, 02:18:22 AM
So here's a question for you all. Who believes that one day, just maybe, Jurassic Park will become a reality?

Well I still believe "Life, ah...will find a way" despite the news that DNA doesn't last much more than a few thousand years.

EDIT: Well, it's only readable for about 1 million years. Or something like that.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

So here's a question for you all. Who believes that one day, just maybe, Jurassic Park will become a reality?
If it does, don't hire anyone named Dennis ;)

Seriously, the only way it will/could happen is if extra-terrestrial beings can teach us how to build DNA; we as humans can not reach the ultra advanced technologies or scientific knowledge ourselves in the next 2,000 years.

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jul 03, 2013, 02:14:12 AM

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 03, 2013, 01:46:43 AM
Quote from: Alien³ on Jul 02, 2013, 06:23:46 PM
I've got some very exciting Jurassic Park news for you guys this Saturday! So watch this space.

My lips are sealed until then. :-X
Please tell us you found the deleted/extended scenes from JP  :o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zbt_R_d_V4#
My thoughts exactly!

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I suspect that science will find a way to astound you all with what it's already capable of...

Vertigo

Vertigo

I don't think it will happen within my lifetime, which makes me a sad panda.
Maybe some bastardised version, such as breeding recessive traits into chickens, or creating autonomous animatronic replicas, but not with actual dinosaurs. Looks like I may live to see a woolly mammoth, though.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 03, 2013, 08:11:42 AM

Maybe some bastardised version, such as breeding recessive traits into chickens, or creating autonomous animatronic replicas, but not with actual dinosaurs. Looks like I may live to see a woolly mammoth, though.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Lols.

Having said all that though, I never thought we'd know colourations of any dinosaurs within my lifetime, or recreate the vocalisation of a hadrosaur, or that we'd be able to firmly state that birds are descended from dinosaurs, or that we'd find biological matter in a Tyrannosaurus bone. Palaeontology has made astonishing leaps over the last couple of decades, so I shouldn't dismiss the possibility of science pulling a Mesozoic rabbit out of some currently unknown hat.

Xenodog

Xenodog

With certain extinct species that either dissapeared within recent time periods (like Thylacines) or had specific conditions they lived under that caused excellent preservation (Like Mammoths) I believe it could definitley happen.

With dinosaurs though, no.
'Pleistocene Park' over Jurassic Park.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 03, 2013, 02:51:04 PM

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m3/carnosaur-d.jpg

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m3/carnosaur-c.jpg

;D

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jul 03, 2013, 08:42:24 PM
Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jul 03, 2013, 02:51:04 PM

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m3/carnosaur-d.jpg

http://www.stomptokyo.com/img-m3/carnosaur-c.jpg

;D
Glad someone got that reference!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

No way to know what advancements science will have after a certain point.

So, maybe. Unfortunately I'll probably be bones by then, though.

Alien³

Alien³

Maybe in the future there will be a race of tiny dinosaurs who'll clone us! Oh when their tour vehicles break down outside my paddock this human is breaking free and having lunch.

Homo sapien Park.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Xenodog on Jul 03, 2013, 07:55:10 PM

With certain extinct species that either dissapeared within recent time periods (like Thylacines) or had specific conditions they lived under that caused excellent preservation (Like Mammoths) I believe it could definitley happen.

With dinosaurs though, no.
'Pleistocene Park' over Jurassic Park.

I'm actually surprised a mammoth hasn't been cloned already. Two at least have been discovered frozen in the ice so what's the hold up?

Like Xenomorphine said, science might astound us one day and considering birds and dinosaurs are related, it doesn't seem that impossible.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Last I heard about the mammoth, they were working on it. Shit there was a lot of rumors that supposedly one had already been cloned, but they kept it a secret because it expired after a few weeks....but I took that with a grain of salt.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: xeno-kaname on Jul 04, 2013, 09:27:07 AM
Last I heard about the mammoth, they were working on it. Shit there was a lot of rumors that supposedly one had already been cloned, but they kept it a secret because it aspired after a few weeks....but I took that with a grain of salt.
Aspired? Do you mean expire?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed