Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,849 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

That might have been in the book.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes. It is mentioned when Wu and Hammond discuss about the Dinosaurs.
No word about it in any of the films. It is still most likely that they applied it or something similar, however -- very convenient.

Nightlord

Nightlord

I'm usually not much one for noticing plotholes but this one is definitely one thats been in my head for years, never affects my enjoyment of the film but goddamn everytime the rappel scene comes on it's so painfully obvious.

Quote■The Hole: The Mountaineering Ninja T-Rex

A classic plot-hole that has bothered me ever since I saw Steven Spielberg's dino epic at the cinema almost 20 years ago, but one which has never sufficiently spoiled the experience of the film for me. When the park security systems go down and the fences lose their charge, the T-Rex forces its way through the useless fence (which is way too flimsy even for an electrified one – talk about lack of a safety net) to attack the tour cars, having enjoyed a pitifully sized goat-shaped snack (it's always seemed a curious idea to me to provide the creature with what is effectively an amuse-bouche to get his appetite up).

She has clearly been able to walk up to said fence in order to eat the goat and then to escape, and yet during the attack, when she pushes the tour car housing Tim back into the enclosure, the car falls down into a tree, and reveals a drop of at least 50 feet (which is a much more intelligent security fail-safe). So how did the T-Rex scale the wall to get to the road? Those tiny arms are clearly not made for climbing of any sorts.

Spielberg apparently didn't care about the plot hole, because the sequence was so thrilling, and he was perhaps right not to care, since it's one of those holes that we forgive in the name of art. And because it inspires a very endearing image of a mountaineering T-Rex, who is clearly also some sort of ninja, thanks to the way she sneaks up on the raptors at the end to save the fleeing humans.
http://whatculture.com/film/10-major-plot-holes-you-probably-missed.php/9

Is there actually any explaination to how the rex got onto the road?

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

JPLegacy did a good article about that, actually. Explains how it all works out.

http://jplegacy.org/?ffjpking

Nightlord

Nightlord

Good read and a real good explaination, danke.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

It's a flub. Simple as.

Once again, I must bring up Sam Jackson's dramatic severed arm. That limb sure knew how to time an entrance.

First Blood

First Blood

Not to mention falling from the ceiling... :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Raptors are smart...they must have strategically placed it up there so as to strike fear in the heart of Ellie Sattler and create tension and fear as she sprints out to regroup with everyone else, thus demoralizing her to the point where they could attack with relative ease.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Especially genetically engineered lesbian raptors.

Quote from: First Blood on Dec 25, 2012, 10:13:58 PM
Not to mention falling from the ceiling... :laugh:

A class act, for sure.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Jackson's arm deserved an Oscar nom. Not a win, mind you, but a nod.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Dec 25, 2012, 10:31:27 PM

I hear those nominations cost you an arm and a leg to get.

Jackson underpaid...

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 25, 2012, 10:32:31 PM

Jackson underpaid...
Clever girl...

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Dec 26, 2012, 03:31:58 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 25, 2012, 10:32:31 PM

Jackson underpaid...
Clever girl...

You have no idea...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I was playing Primal Carnage just now, and I have to wonder. As good as JP is, is its influence on the way we see dinosaurs in pop culture just a bit too pervasive?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think it got hilarious by the time a game dalled Jurassic: The Hunted had a Dilophosaurus with an amazingly wooden crest. Thing is Jurassic Park is continuously looked at as an archetype due to its success and popularity. Ask anyone what a Dilophosaurus is, and a lot of people will answer saying it's the spitting dinosaur from Jurassic Park. A lot of people actually believe the real thing was like that, to the point I saw the Chlamydosaurus labeled as 'a little Dilophosaurus' (when in reality it was the source of inspiration). The series is the reason the knowledge of Dinosaurs is so widespread even among those who are not in the field nor are interested in it. Any person would be able to tell you what a Tyrannosaurus is -- but how much do you bet that most won't answer when you ask them what, say, an Anomalocaris or a Gastornis is? I actually appreciate that the show Primeval (which by itself was influenced by Jurassic Park) tried to put more 'unknown' prehistoric things in its episodes. You see something in the show -- say, the Kaprosuchus. Some are motivated to go look it up.
Point is it does not come as a surprise. Barring the majority of documentaries, virtually any dinosaur-related material made after Jurassic Park has a minimal influence from that film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed