Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,833 times)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 30, 2012, 09:11:15 AM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on Jun 30, 2012, 08:58:00 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 30, 2012, 04:44:12 AM
Its just... I like directors who inspire good performances from actors... or deliver on a script properly... or don't just create a clusterf**k of visual effects to cushion a movie without any substance...

...Y... y'know?  :-\

Zack Snyder is a perfectly fine director. His weakest movie (Sucker Punch) failed because he got to write it. And he proved not to be very good at it.
He'd not fit this though.
Yeah, in this case I wasn't referring to Zack Snyder, but Emmerich. The reason I listed him though was because he's the opposite of what Jurassic Park needs, seeing as he likes to inject a very specific style into his movies.

Oh, I get it. Yeah, I agree with you.

Alien³

Alien³

The only director who can make a great Jurassic Park sequel (other than Spielberg of course) is Rupart Wyatt. He has the right style and knows how to use C.G.I in the right way.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Johnston did very little 'bad'... needed a better script. He certainly knows how to create atmosphere.

Alien³

Alien³

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 30, 2012, 09:15:35 AM
Johnston did very little 'bad'... needed a better script. He certainly knows how to create atmosphere.

After Captain America? No.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Captain America rocks.

;)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Alien³ on Jun 30, 2012, 09:16:45 AM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 30, 2012, 09:15:35 AM

After Captain America? No.

ohboyherewego.jpg

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Cap was great, and JPIII had no real directing problems. Like OZ said, the problems lied in the script. I would love for Johnston to return if Spielberg doesn't.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 30, 2012, 02:10:44 PM
Cap was great, and JPIII had no real directing problems. Like OZ said, the problems lied in the script. I would love for Johnston to return if Spielberg doesn't.

Totally agree.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

You can't blame him on JP3. I remember him saying sorry for the film and that they rush out the script so that they can start filming soon. He is not that bad of a director since he has directed a few good films before.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 30, 2012, 04:44:12 AM
Its just... I like directors who inspire good performances from actors... or deliver on a script properly... or don't just create a clusterf**k of visual effects to cushion a movie without any substance...

I pretty much agree since Emmerich is like Micheal Bay without the stupid slapstick humor in his movies. He might have directed a few decent films but I don't think he is the right choice for a Jurassic Park movie.

Remonster

Remonster

Emmerich is a big fat no from me. Would like to see Snyder do something a little more reserved visually, more like Watchmen or Dawn of the Dead than 300 or Sucker Punch.

My number one choice is still Brad Bird.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Remonster on Jun 30, 2012, 07:35:46 PMWould like to see Snyder do something a little more reserved visually, more like Watchmen or Dawn of the Dead than 300 or Sucker Punch.

According to Snyder himself, Man of Steel is going to be just that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Remonster on Jun 30, 2012, 07:35:46 PM
My number one choice is still Brad Bird.

Whoa, why did I not think of this? :o Excellent choice.

Gate

Gate

Quote from: r888 on Jun 30, 2012, 05:38:39 AM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jun 30, 2012, 05:03:35 AM
I have a sick curiosity in seeing what the Strause Brothers could do with a JP movie...

DEAR GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA YES. Let's ping the question

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 30, 2012, 02:10:44 PM

I can see that now and kinda agree after seeing Cap. But at the end of the day, he was still OK with the script in JP III so I think he shares part of the blame.

Requiem28

Requiem28

McG anynone?

Just kidding.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed