Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,353,443 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Justin Bieber, Jersey Shore, and Twilight would be good places to start.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

The term was "Kids", not "Stereotypical twelve year old girls"

I'd say there's still a fascination from kids on the subject of dinosaurs. Sure, some modern stories and creatures, (like zombies, vampires, and Justin Beiber) might interest them, but nothing evokes the same sort of awe in a child as a 20 ton dinosaur.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

It's not about the dinosaurs; It's about having a great story, the dinos are just salt on the fries.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No, it's about the dinosaurs. Since when do kids, if they are the primary audience, care about a well-put together story?

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 29, 2012, 10:02:29 PM
No, it's about the dinosaurs. Since when do kids, if they are the primary audience, care about a well-put together story?

Did you go see Jurassic Park just "for the dinosaurs?" no, you probably didn't, since you went to see the film because of the book you might have read and it had a good story to it. And like most of us, we went because of the CGI effects. Which partly is due to the dinosaurs. But none of that matters. They will market the film showing us dino rampage and action just like how The Avenger's plasters Iron Man in front of all of their posters and trailers. Wanna know why? Because that;s the target audience demographic. People love Iron man, so why not have his character shown more in the trailers, little kids love to play with dinosaurs so why not show bunch of T-Rexes tearing apart a vehicle. It's simple as that. Besides, grown ups like us, see movies because of the story plot. It's all in the marketing man, all about the marketing....

Kol

Kol

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Mar 29, 2012, 10:41:29 PM

Did you go see Jurassic Park just "for the dinosaurs?" no, you probably didn't, since you went to see the film because of the book you might have read and it had a good story to it. And like most of us, we went because of the CGI effects. Which partly is due to the dinosaurs. But none of that matters. They will market the film showing us dino rampage and action just like how The Avenger's plasters Iron Man in front of all of their posters and trailers. Wanna know why? Because that;s the target audience demographic. People love Iron man, so why not have his character shown more in the trailers, little kids love to play with dinosaurs so why not show bunch of T-Rexes tearing apart a vehicle. It's simple as that. Besides, grown ups like us, see movies because of the story plot. It's all in the marketing man, all about the marketing....

ähm, in '93 i just were 5 years old & the only reason i wanted to watch jurassic park was of the dinosaurs.
now, almost 20 years later, i just want do see another dinosaur movie. if jurassic park 4 won't show in the next 2-3 years i don't mind seeing another dino-movie taking the throne from JP away.

a dino crisis movie would just fill the emptiness in my heart for several reasons.

ps: i agree that the movie(s) were simplified (deformed) reflections of the novels.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Kol on Mar 29, 2012, 10:47:29 PM

ähm, in '93 i just were 5 years old & the only reason i wanted to watch jurassic park was of the dinosaurs.
now, almost 20 years later, i just want do see another dinosaur movie. if jurassic park 4 won't show in the next 2-3 years i don't mind seeing another dino-movie taking the throne from JP away.

a dino crisis movie would just fill the emptiness in my heart for several reasons.

ps: i agree that the movie(s) were simplified (deformed) reflections of the novels.

I was still in my mothers womb at the time of it's release. And once I saw it, my life was all dinosaurs. i heard they were making a Walking with Dinosaurs movie that would be some type of "mockumentary" from 20th Century FOX set for release in October 2013. So in the mean time while we wait for another JP movie, that'll have to do for now.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Jurassic Park is about dinosaurs. Is it something more? Very much yes, but it wouldn't be near as popular if they were cloning giant rodents or some shit like that. The dinosaurs are the reason people went to see the movie. Was the trailer filled with the characters discussing the ethics of cloning an extinct species? Of course not, it was packed full of dinosaurs. It will always be known for being about dinosaurs.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

In 1993, I was six years old. You think the story meant anything at all to me? Yes, I saw it just for the dinosaurs. That was the only reason and to some degree, still is. I can appreciate the story now as an adult but it's the dinosaurs that draw me in.

Xan21

Xan21

Why do people always want the same actors back in these movies, a returning pop star isnt good either (Bruce Springsteen, Aerosmith) they just become parodies of themselves eventually, which is not cool! It needs to open up with all new characters, I didn't knew any of the original Jurassic Park actors and they were one by one fantastic but werent in the sequels (well John Williams was great but still Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill were rather dull in the sequels).

I hope that if 4 comes out, they dont forget epic scenes like these:

I wouldnt even mind if they sort of remaked it, well the basic plot of a new more grandeur island, there are so many action sequences we can see, and no dinosaurs on the mainland encountering dumb cartoon like people...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Because Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum have wonderful chemistry on-screen together. Plus it's nice to see fan favourites return to work together.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 30, 2012, 06:48:30 PM
Because Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum have wonderful chemistry on-screen together. Plus it's nice to see fan favourites return to work together.

Agreed. I love the banter between Neill and Goldblum before the Tyrannosaur attack.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

"What's to be scared about, it's just a little hiccup in the power..."

"I didn't say I was scared."

"... I didn't say you were scared..."

"I know."

;D

Xan21

Xan21

Ok but you liked them in the sequels? Ian was a bit boring to me in TLW, well I missed his witty lines and well JP III sucked overall, it was way too corny with the Kirby soap opera storyline.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 30, 2012, 07:20:55 PM
"What's to be scared about, it's just a little hiccup in the power..."

"I didn't say I was scared."

"... I didn't say you were scared..."

"I know."

;D

Love that line.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed