Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,762 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, I was writing it all retarded and I realized that the laid off employee thing stirring shit up somehow wasn't all that bad of an idea.  :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

Ok, I'll bite. But someone had to be in charge of the embryo vials. There had to be much more then the one cannistar featured in the first film. It would only seem natural to grab those embryos before the company folded on itself.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I could go for the BioSyn idea. Makes sense since we know nothing about them, unless you've read the books.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Honestly, I liked the idea of Isla Sorna being destroyed at first. Then I realized that it would go against everything the first film stood for. "Life finds a way." If it were to be destroyed, the series would be a hypocrite.

The BioSyn idea could work, but we've got to remember that everyone in the world knows about Isla Sorna now. It's famous. It's probably just another part of every day life. There could even be shows on NatGeo. That's what I think the film should portray. Scientists have to be constantly heading to the island to research the animals. That sounds like a good start for a story to me. A group of researchers go to study the animals, and then hell breaks loose.

But I think the 'hell breaks loose' part of the Jurassic Park franchise has always been tricky. In the first film, it was Nedry turning the security fences off. In TLW, it was the destruction of Ludlow's camp. In JP3, it was a spinosaurus running into an airplane. I think that there has to be a good reason for 'all hell to break loose.' I shouldn't be too direct, and they shouldn't suddenly be stranded. Something a little more slow, where they think their okay, and then it just keeps getting worse. That would be a better element. Sort of like the first and second film. It wasn't like that in JP3. Their plane crashed, and then suddenly they were being chased by dinosaurs.

But what exactly could go wrong? I really hope it wouldn't just be a dinosaur crashing into their camp. I think it should be the fault of the humans. I personally like the idea of poachers on the island. I mean, poachers, although it seems sort of an unoriginal idea, are realistic. If there was an island full of dinosaurs, there would be people willing to steal them and sell them on the black market. So I don't think the idea is too far off.

So, that's what I think the film could easily be about. It may not be the most epic story, but it isn't a re-ash of everything else or something completely new.

Gate

Gate

Research team = Hammond's team from TLW, atleast 'officially'

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 22, 2012, 12:40:13 AM
You're like Alan Grant at that Q&A.  :laugh:

What those researchers did with the Sornaensis/Nublarensis theory, is create entirely speculative fan theories. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 22, 2012, 01:01:10 AM
That one is going on Omega Slays: The Greatest Hits.
Produced by Space Sweeper Records!

Also no Sorna getting nuked what-so-ever.
No one will ruin the closing shot of The Lost World.
No f**king one.

Or there will be murder.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Feb 22, 2012, 06:56:06 PM
Also no Sorna getting nuked what-so-ever.
No one will ruin the closing shot of The Lost World.
No f**king one.

Or there will be murder.
MAH MAN!

Requiem28

Requiem28

What was I missing here!?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Omega slayin' shit.

So nothing new.  8)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 22, 2012, 07:29:43 PM
Omega slayin' shit.

So nothing new.  8)

Oh.  Okay.

evolution_rex

evolution_rex

Quote from: Gate on Feb 22, 2012, 12:43:52 PM
Research team = Hammond's team from TLW, atleast 'officially'
That's a good point, but I think I'm thinking more of actual scientists, doing more specific studies there than documenting the animals.

Gate

Gate

I'd also like to point out that you said Isla Sorna is destroyed. It's isla Nublar, the Jurassic Park site, that was napalmed. Not Site B

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

(Which is helped at by a lot of things in the theatrical cuts of TLW and JPIII, but since the scene in TLW was cut I don't personally think it happened. JP finale and all you know.)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 22, 2012, 04:22:52 AM
I would personally want something about Biosyn. The rival company of InGen. The company Dodgson was from.
Howsabout this for an idea:

post 'The Lost World' (1997), Ingen folds completely. All their stuff is up for auction and Biosyn gets all of it. All their research data, all their equipment... and Isla Nublar.
They scout the island, and come to the conclusion that the only reason the park failed the first time was because of human error - if Nedry hadn't been a dumbass, the park would have been fine. So they get a crazy idea: rebuild the park, open it to the public.

Fast-forward to 2013, and the park is open and has been for about a year, and it's a huge success. People love it, Biosyn is raking in money hand-over-fist, but they're also doing some not-so-ethical stuff on the side. Chemical testing on dinosaurs, etc. Want to hunt a stegosaurus? Pony up the $2million and you can do it. Technically they can get away with it because the animals are constructs and legal property of Biosyn, but that doesn't mean everyone has to like it.
So an animal rights group tries to subtly sabotage the park. Nothing huge, just make the park such a hassle to run that it's not profitable anymore and gets shut down.

Their plans get out of hand (chaos theory in action) and all hell breaks loose. But now instead of dinosaurs loose on an island with 8 people or so, you've got hundreds. Tourists, staff, etc.

It would have a lot of elements that made the original so popular, plus a lot of new stuff people have never seen (a fully-functioning Jurassic Park, for example). The tone would be similar to the first movie, but also different because the danger is on a much bigger scale - tons of people trapped on the island and panicking, rather than just a handful. Crowd control would be much more difficult - when you've got hundreds of people rioting, they're almost as much of a danger to themselves as the dinos on the loose would be.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Something exploring the original Island's creation maybe?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed