Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,353,388 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I want him directing... being a producer doesn't exactly do much good.

justlookatjurassicpark3lol

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: ace3g on Dec 08, 2011, 08:05:58 PM

Having that explained... I now have a funny feeling. It's shit like that that makes JP such a great film.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Has anyone else watched the new bluray editions of the JP trilogy?

I watched the extras. And the snips of HD scenes therein have me excited all over again to watch all three in a bluray marathon. It's amazing to see just how well the original holds up all these years later.

Somewhere in the extras Spielberg teases heavily about Nedry's Barbosol can waiting to usher in a new JP film. From his excited interviews on the disks he clearly LOVES making these films.   

I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot. The book has a deep, rich tapestry to pull from. Darker with a higher body count.  Raptors are twice as smart and deadly than the ones that showed up on film. (But they were still damn cool PG-13 killers)

I'd love to see the T-Rex river raft pursuit scene as well as the cat and mouse Raptor games with the survivors in the main building.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Dec 12, 2011, 05:08:34 PMI wouldn't mind seeing a reboot. The book has a deep, rich tapestry to pull from. Darker with a higher body count.  Raptors are twice as smart and deadly than the ones that showed up on film. (But they were still damn cool PG-13 killers)

I'd love to see the T-Rex river raft pursuit scene as well as the cat and mouse Raptor games with the survivors in the main building.

I agree. While I really love the movie, the book has some very interesting and suspenseful scenes in it.

Same goes for The Lost World, where I definitely prefer the book over the movie.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Dec 12, 2011, 05:08:34 PM
Has anyone else watched the new bluray editions of the JP trilogy?

I watched the extras. And the snips of HD scenes therein have me excited all over again to watch all three in a bluray marathon. It's amazing to see just how well the original holds up all these years later.

Somewhere in the extras Spielberg teases heavily about Nedry's Barbosol can waiting to usher in a new JP film. From his excited interviews on the disks he clearly LOVES making these films.   

I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot. The book has a deep, rich tapestry to pull from. Darker with a higher body count.  Raptors are twice as smart and deadly than the ones that showed up on film. (But they were still damn cool PG-13 killers)

When the Jurassic Park movies where released on bluray i immediatly watched them marathon style ;D So many childhood memories it made me all happy again :P

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Laufey on Dec 12, 2011, 06:10:54 PM
Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Dec 12, 2011, 05:08:34 PMI wouldn't mind seeing a reboot. The book has a deep, rich tapestry to pull from. Darker with a higher body count.  Raptors are twice as smart and deadly than the ones that showed up on film. (But they were still damn cool PG-13 killers)

I agree. While I really love the movie, the book has some very interesting and suspenseful scenes in it.

Same goes for The Lost World, where I definitely prefer the book over the movie.

I agree.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The first movie borrowed very heavily from the book, and not just because it's book-made-into-movie. I'm talking about the actual dialogue. Lines from the book were used verbatim in the movie. Way I see it, we aren't going to get any closer to the book.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: DoomRulz on Dec 12, 2011, 07:06:01 PMThe first movie borrowed very heavily from the book, and not just because it's book-made-into-movie. I'm talking about the actual dialogue. Lines from the book were used verbatim in the movie. Way I see it, we aren't going to get any closer to the book.

True, but it could be done. Probably not going to happen though.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

The first movie is fine how it is and I doubt we will see a closer version of the book. If it does happen then it won't happen in my life time.

Snowdog

Snowdog

OMG ! this is now my favorite family guy episode ever :P just for this one scene :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pKmXyadAMQ#

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Quote from: Laufey on Dec 12, 2011, 06:10:54 PM

Currently reading that, while I really love the movie, from what I've read so far in the book it definitely seems better.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They're two different forms of media. I love the films and the novels equally. The novels obviously had more space for development, as there's virtually no strict limit to their length. The films, on the other part, had the limits of a theatrically released film.
Jurassic Park and The Lost World are more-or-less equally loyal to their respective novels.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 12, 2011, 08:53:18 PMThey're two different forms of media. I love the films and the novels equally. The novels obviously had more space for development, as there's virtually no strict limit to their length. The films, on the other part, had the limits of a theatrically released film.

Jurassic Park and The Lost World are more-or-less equally loyal to their respective novels.

Of course, but that doesn't work as an explanation for everything. There's still stuff that didn't make it to the movies, for better or worse, that could have worked in either media. So in those cases it just comes down to different taste.

My concerns about The Lost World is that I didn't really like any of the main characters and that I didn't care that much for the last part of the movie, with the T-Rex on the main land, either. A problem I never had with the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed