Jurassic Park Series

Started by War Wager, Mar 25, 2007, 10:10:16 PM

Author
Jurassic Park Series (Read 1,345,835 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 12, 2011, 02:45:37 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 12, 2011, 02:39:26 AM
Nah, I'll believe it, but we're just saying that the JP3 raptors were laaaaame. Both in design and actions. And Jack Horner, pfft, Jack Horner insists on giving them feathers, yet he doesn't give a shit about the size of the dinosaur he calls velociraptor? f**k off, Jack Horner.

Think the name is more at the behest of the writer and director.
Dude still was the advisor. He called them as such in the special features as well... I think the commentary even. Never made an attempt at correcting it.

I really don't care about that though. I just hate the stupid 'evolution' bullshit that they insisted on implying that it had happened on the island after a couple of years. Yes, and also in that time, a fish swam outta the ocean, grew legs and it started walking. That motherf**ker was spinosaurus.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If its instinctive for felines to always go for the neck, and apes to use weapons on other apes, is it really that much of a stretch to think a Raptor couldn't know how to break necks?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'll admit, Spinosaurus did just kind of pop up out of nowhere. But I'm willing to believe what Grant says to Billy: "It wasn't <on their list>. Makes you wonder what else they were up to."

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 12, 2011, 02:48:00 AM
I know they're Deinonychus. But Velociraptor is the more exotic name of the two, hence why it was used.

Also because Deinonychus wasn't the name of the animal until around post-production. But yeah, one definitely sounds cooler than the other.

Eh? Deinonychus antirrhopus was described in 1969 ???

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 12, 2011, 02:48:00 AM
I know they're Deinonychus. But Velociraptor is the more exotic name of the two, hence why it was used.

Also because Deinonychus wasn't the name of the animal until around post-production. But yeah, one definitely sounds cooler than the other.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on May 12, 2011, 02:40:11 AM
The movies feature Velociraptor antirrhopus. It was still '93.
I know the genus changed during the filming. But did Deinonychus have that resonating chamber or was that lifted from the Mongolia ones? Because if it didn't, major error. That's what I am getting at. It was probably a pretty close portrayal in the earlier films.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: DoomRulz on May 12, 2011, 02:53:53 AM
I'll admit, Spinosaurus did just kind of pop up out of nowhere. But I'm willing to believe what Grant says to Billy: "It wasn't <on their list>. Makes you wonder what else they were up to."
I'm aware. I was aware 10 years ago, too. They never mention it again, as if it were going to lead to a grander scheme. As if InGen had gone back to the island and just said...
Spoiler
f**k YOU MOTHERf**kERS, WE'RE MAKING A NEW DINOSAUR AND GLUING FEATHERS TO BACK OF EVERY f**kING MALE RAPTOR'S HEAD! BRING YOUR DAUGHTER TO WORK DAY? WE PROVIDE A SHITLOAD OF PAINT, AND WE'RE TRANQING EVERY f**kING DINOSAUR ON THE GODDAMN ISLAND, SO YOUR DAUGHTER AND YOU CAN BOND WHILE SLATHERING A LIVING CREATURE WITH f**kING GLOBS OF PAINT AND LOVE! ALSO, WE'RE LABOTOMIZING THE T-REXES.
[close]

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 12, 2011, 03:00:31 AM
Spoiler
f**k YOU MOTHERf**kERS, WE'RE MAKING A NEW DINOSAUR AND GLUING FEATHERS TO BACK OF EVERY f**kING MALE RAPTOR'S HEAD! BRING YOUR DAUGHTER TO WORK DAY? WE PROVIDE A SHITLOAD OF PAINT, AND WE'RE TRANQING EVERY f**kING DINOSAUR ON THE GODDAMN ISLAND, SO YOUR DAUGHTER AND YOU CAN BOND WHILE SLATHERING A LIVING CREATURE WITH f**kING GLOBS OF PAINT AND LOVE! ALSO, WE'RE LABOTOMIZING THE T-REXES.
[close]

After that, I find it hard to believe you've never played Portal 2.

Anyway, take my input with a grain of salt. I haven't cleaned out my paleontologist boots in a few years.

Bad Replicant

Bad Replicant

Spoiler
[close]

Also, put some teef in our Pteranodons. MAKE EM SCAREH

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I'm aware. I was aware 10 years ago, too. They never mention it again, as if it were going to lead to a grander scheme. As if InGen had gone back to the island and just said...
Spoiler
[close]

you had me at hello

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I'd say Utahraptor...

Shasvre

Shasvre

Oops, removed my message to do some modifications, didn't see your reply. :laugh:

But yeah, Deinonychus seem a bit small. Somewhere between Deinonychus and Utahraptor sounds about right.

Alien³

Alien³

I don't get why some people would love to just replace the Velociraptor with Deinonychus in Jurassic Park because of a few faults with the Raptors that don't match it's real life counterpart. Remember in the world of Jurassic Park these are genetically engineered theme park monsters nothing more and nothing less. So who gives a damn what they are as long as they're kicking ass.

Spoiler
[close]

a major point in the first movie was that birds evolved from Dinos, and then you moan that they make the males colourful?

it makes total sense to me,

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Spoiler
[close]

Anyone familiar enough with the novels knows that it could've been BioSyn's doing. Sadly, the only reference to BioSyn we got in the movies was Dogson paying Nedry to get those embryos off Nublar.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: scarhunter92 on May 12, 2011, 10:16:37 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Anyone familiar enough with the novels knows that it could've been BioSyn's doing.
I am familiar with the novels. Anybody who thinks that BioSyn could have anything to do with that stupid continuity error is most likely the next Predxeno. Come on. Do you honestly think that ever crossed any of the writers minds?

Quote from: AvatarIII on May 12, 2011, 08:18:53 AM
Spoiler
[close]

a major point in the first movie was that birds evolved from Dinos, and then you moan that they make the males colourful?
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3472/3317353087_930f32c77d.jpg
it makes total sense to me,
After already establishing a certain look for two movies? A much more intimidating one? Yes. It's a continuity issue, and they thought people would just... look right past it. They shouldn't have dumbed them down for that family-fun ending either.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

What do you think about the rest of my post? ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed