Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails"

Started by Tough little S.O.B., Mar 02, 2015, 05:41:34 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp: Alien3 & Resurrection "Went Off The Rails" (Read 82,226 times)

Adam802

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 02, 2015, 11:17:48 PM
If they retcon 3 and 4 then the simplest way to do that is to simply set the new movie 25 years after Aliens.

They made it home after the events of Aliens and 25 years later the company has found a new Xeno source and Ripley, Hicks and co have to team up to stop them. All the aging issues have been solved, Hicks isn't dead and there are no convoluted dream sequences, time travel or Jeff Bridgesing anyone up.

This

T Dog

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Mar 02, 2015, 11:33:43 PM
maybe half of the movie takes place after Aliens and the other half is in the future after A:R?

I was thinking that was a possibility too!

Hicks lives, meets up with Ripley post A:R

Ed209

Why not just change the idea to follow on from AR?
Ripley as Ripley 8, Hicks as Johner, Bishop as Vriess, Newt as Call and The Company as USCM?
A quick rewrite could make it all fit.
Honestly if they are dismissing 3 and 4 I would prefer at least an acknowledgement of a bad dream or something. As cheesy as that is, at least it would not render those films completely useless. Alien 3 is imo an excellent film, AR less so but still has earned its place in the Alien canon.

PsyKore

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 02, 2015, 11:40:09 PM
Quote from: DaddyYautja on Mar 02, 2015, 11:33:43 PM
maybe half of the movie takes place after Aliens and the other half is in the future after A:R?

I was thinking that was a possibility too!

Hicks lives, meets up with Ripley post A:R

Seems like a stretch, though, that Hicks would somehow be in cryosleep for 200-odd years. Unless they cloned him too!

GQSioux

GQSioux

I'm starting to dig this "betweenquel" idea. Just make it take place between Aliens and Alien 3. I get many are worrying about Sigourney's age if they go this route. But I believe there's make-up and CGI technology that can successfully de-age her. BTW, that Direct TV commercial from 2007/2008... didn't she film new scenes for that and dress up as Ripley again? If they made her look that young for this commercial, I'm sure they can possibly pull it off on film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBQze6nvtio#ws

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 02, 2015, 11:38:23 PM
If they retcon 3 and 4 then the simplest way to do that is to simply set the new movie 25 years after Aliens.

They made it home after the events of Aliens and 25 years later the company has found a new Xeno source and Ripley, Hicks and co have to team up to stop them. All the aging issues have been solved, Hicks isn't dead and there are no convoluted dream sequences, time travel or Jeff Bridgesing anyone up.

This

Same here, they both are pretty old, so it is very likely that the new film takes place at least two decades after Aliens.

PsyKore

Quote from: GQSioux on Mar 03, 2015, 12:04:21 AM
I'm starting to dig this "betweenquel" idea. Just make it take place between Aliens and Alien 3. I get many are worrying about Sigourney's age if they go this route. But I believe there's make-up and CGI technology that can successfully de-age her. BTW, that Direct TV commercial from 2007/2008... didn't she film new scenes for that and dress up as Ripley again? If they made her look that young for this commercial, I'm sure they can possibly pull it off on film:

So it is possible. Yeah, I'd actually be down for that if they could do something that looks as good. I can't help but be interested in seeing the results of it at least.

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Crazy Shrimp on Mar 03, 2015, 12:05:09 AM
Quote from: Adam802 on Mar 02, 2015, 11:38:23 PM

This

Same here, they both are pretty old, so it is very likely that the new film takes place at least two decades after Aliens.
Maybe they could've lived on a farm and settle for a quiet, secluded life?
Anyway, almost everyone has been focused on Hicks and Ripley, but what about Newt???

T Dog

Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 03, 2015, 12:12:59 AM

So it is possible. Yeah, I'd actually be down for that if they could do something that looks as good. I can't help but be interested in seeing the results of it at least.

God no! It looks like her with f**k loads of botox. Just creepy!

Salt The Fries

Who else is for Ripley and Hicks living on a farm?

Dustie

Airbrushing is already being used in movies and in motion picture in general, so it is possible, but I think with Sigourney it would require a very serious amount of retouching, which would could up the budget. It would just be a paint to airbrush both of them so that they look like their younger selves... imagine every single shot they're in has to be done... it's a nightmare. Much cheaper and easier way: have them actually being older in the movie. Which is what I think they will end up doing, instead of spending a hefty amount of their CG budget on digital botox.

Besides... I'm not sure she'd be up for it. I mean, I'd be scared to ask her if she's fine with starring as herself except they will smudge the heck out of her face. I'd be kind of like an insult.

GQSioux

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 03, 2015, 12:19:49 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Mar 03, 2015, 12:12:59 AM

God no! It looks like her with f**k loads of botox. Just creepy!

It doesn't look THAT bad. Besides, it's a DirectTV commercial from 2007, they probably had a limited budget. A Hollywood film could pour more money into making her look the part. Even if they don't, look at Red Dragon. It was a prequel to Silence of the Lambs filmed 11 years later. There was concern over Hopkin's age and him looking older, they planned to de-age him but ended up scrapping it assuming we'd all just accept it as is. In the end, it worked. I know 11 years is a vast difference from 30 years, but in the end, I'm pretty sure they can pull it off.

KiramidHead

Quote from: Salt The Fries on Mar 03, 2015, 12:22:56 AM
Who else is for Ripley and Hicks living on a farm?

"Lead farmer, motherf**ker!"

Game_Over_Man

Remember, both Neill and Sigourney are talking about ending Ripley's story arc - I think that means either ignoring 3+4 completely, or developing the idea of all 3 human survivors being cloned perhaps several 100 times and being sent into space to monitor how they deal with the xeno in different environments. Perhaps it's part of an elaborate programme to make the ultimate war machine, part human part xeno, as the artwork suggests. That would also ramp up the hatred for the company.

I'd love to see Guy Pearce somehow involved. 

Son Of Kane

This won't be attached to A3 or A:R in any way I bet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed