IMAX vs Real3D

Started by Salt The Fries, Jun 07, 2012, 09:24:05 PM

Author
IMAX vs Real3D (Read 1,126 times)

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Hello folks, for those who have seen it already. Is 3D the only option for Prometheus (or is there a regular 2D as well?)? If so, is the IMAX experience really worth it? How does it fare compared to Real3D, the regular 3D standard?

Cvalda

Cvalda

I don't know about Poland, but there's definitely a 2D option available most places.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I see, I live in Krakow so I have IMAX theater here, so I could choose from 2d, Real3D and IMAX, and I was wondering which of them suit this movie the best...

Cvalda

Cvalda

It's up to you. The 3D is apparently very good, but 3D is 3D is 3D, and if you don't enjoy 3D, I doubt you'd enjoy it in Prometheus. The film will be perfectly watchable--and have the correct brightness level! :P--if you choose 2D anyway.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I've seen The Avengers lately in 3D and the effects were inoffensive to my senses, but I wonder if brightness level is better in 2d for the movies in general...To be honest I feel that I can focus less on a movie when wearing those glasses, even if there aren't any effects on at the time.

harlock

harlock

2D is brighter, also only a few times did the 3D things become noticable for me, to be fair - I wouldn't say it was worth it. But then, if you're going to be buying on DVD/Blu-Ray, you may as well watch it in 3D once before then, right?

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

I might be seeing it two times, one time alone in IMAX and the second time with my girlfriend in other city (where she lives, coz we live apart).

Alien³

Alien³

Seen it in both 3D and 2D. I preferred 2D.

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

I've yet to see it, but i'm going for 3D, and if i can convince my friend, i'd really like to see it in IMAX 3D. It was filmed in 3D so i'm good with it. It's only the post production conversions that i'm not overly fond of...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed