DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 29, 2017, 12:08:15 AM

Author
DH ‘Announces’ Aliens: Dust to Dust (Read 78,699 times)

Russ840

Spoiler
the alien that came from the boys mother saves him from the Queen.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 09, 2019, 09:18:28 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Oh f**k off.

Well, not buying this.
That's that.

Because that's STUPID.

The Kurgan

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 10:44:32 AM
Quote from: Russ840 on Jan 09, 2019, 09:18:28 AM
Spoiler
[close]

Oh f**k off.

Well, not buying this.
That's that.

Because that's STUPID.

Saw it coming, but hoped it would not turn out this way.
It is stupid.

Russ840

Other than that,  I really liked the issue. We get answer as to how the outbreak happened.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm sorry because I think the art's fantastic.
But I don't have the money to spend on something,
that I feel so fundamentally contradicts the nature of the title character.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 09, 2019, 11:16:55 AM
I'm sorry because I think the art's fantastic.
But I don't have the money to spend on something,
that I feel so fundamentally contradicts the nature of the title character.

It's a 40-year-old franchise and they need to explore new tales and situations. See it as an anomaly, a rare unexplained alien disorder.

My question is how the
Spoiler
One-armed alien suddenly regrew its arm before pouncing on the boy only to lose it again afterwards...Maybe it was a different alien but that didn't read very well
[close]

The same thing happens in dead orbit by the end...

The Old One

The Old One

Spoiler
Regeneration. Alien: Covenant Commentary.
[close]
;D

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

My problem is that this contradicts Ash's statement about the alien.

Spoiler
And we have no precedent for something like this. Alien love is not adding to the behavior, it's contradicting it. It basically comes down to: The kid was saved from an alien, by another alien who overcame its instincts with the power of love!
Without delusions of morality, ring any bells? This is close to The Predator level of out of place ideas....
Wasn't a fan of the art, so I was in it for the story, too bad the thing happened we all saw the moment it was hinted at. Predictable twist at that end, and not the good kind.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Agreed.

Frosty Venom

I like the art, the story, Maxon and the synthetic in this issue was a good touch. But that twist ending? eugh.

The Old One

The Old One

A waste.

Xiggz456

Just finished issue 4 and although I liked the overall approach and atmosphere of the story the ending felt somewhat rushed. I think a 5 issue run would've helped with that (but in general I always feel that 4 is too short).

Spoiler
I read all 4 issues in one go and actually realized that the assistant was a synthetic at the end of issue 3 and I didn't catch it the first time I read it (it's then made apparent in issue 4). As for the alien birthed from the boys' mother... not a fan but I'm going to hypothesize that this is a 1 in a trillion genetic defect that can occur in conjunction with the dna reflex.
[close]

Prez

Spoiler
Most of us saw the `twist' a mile off. I didn't mind it too much but felt the ending was a bit rushed... also seems a few too many panels devoted to that ending after they get away.
[close]

The Cruentus

Spoiler
And here I thought it was only protecting Maxon because he may have been infected as well, that would have been better than what I have been reading from others. Sucks that we got another bad idea. Well I will still get the forth issue because I got the other three but my expectations are really low now...why do folks involved in the franchise keep putting their stupid ideas in it?
[close]

Nostromo

So what is your guy's rating on this series? Do I order the 4 comics or wait for my pre ordered TPB.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed