Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 195,353 times)

EJA

EJA

Quote from: overthere on Jun 09, 2016, 06:45:41 PM
I love his enthusiasm.

QuoteI'm just having a ball. I'm getting more excited by the day, 30 years later working on this damn thing. Who would have thought when we started out and they were saying 'Geez the costume doesn't work - throw this back to Winston and let him save the day!" Eight weeks later "I don't know, looks like dreadlocks to me!" Suddenly it's the most iconic costume ever. It's the most iconic movie ever. It's lasted 30 years and here I am god blessedly making a... it's just unbelievable to me.

But he keeps referring to Predators as they're set in the future. Someone should straighten him out.

Though he could deliberately PUSH them into future, since nothing really says it's 2010. in Predators.

Nikolai says he was abducted from Chechnya. The last Russian-Chechnyan conflict ended in 2009, so Predators has to be before that.

overthere

overthere

Maybe another conflict happened in 2020.

EJA

EJA

I'd prefer to keep Predators in the recent past. The prequel comic had Royce fighting a very modern age war in Africa, nothing remotely futuristic.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: EJA on Jun 27, 2016, 10:20:07 AM
Quote from: overthere on Jun 09, 2016, 06:45:41 PM
I love his enthusiasm.

QuoteI'm just having a ball. I'm getting more excited by the day, 30 years later working on this damn thing. Who would have thought when we started out and they were saying 'Geez the costume doesn't work - throw this back to Winston and let him save the day!" Eight weeks later "I don't know, looks like dreadlocks to me!" Suddenly it's the most iconic costume ever. It's the most iconic movie ever. It's lasted 30 years and here I am god blessedly making a... it's just unbelievable to me.

But he keeps referring to Predators as they're set in the future. Someone should straighten him out.

Though he could deliberately PUSH them into future, since nothing really says it's 2010. in Predators.

Nikolai says he was abducted from Chechnya. The last Russian-Chechnyan conflict ended in 2009, so Predators has to be before that.
But insurgency still continues.

overthere

overthere

It's been so quiet recently, I forgot about the movie.

EJA

EJA

See, the only way I think this movie could be an actual sequel to the first movie is if it revisits characters or locations from the first movie, something the rest of the fiction hasn't done. In terms of characters, there are really only two: Dutch and Anna. If Schwarzenegger is unavailable or uninterested, that only leaves Anna. But perhaps there is another character from the first film that could be utilized: Jim Hopper. It's assumed Jungle Hunter kills him, but we don't know that for sure. Maybe he's still out there somewhere? The obvious location to be returned to would be Val Verde, perhaps to finally find Jungle Hunter's ship?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: EJA on Jul 08, 2016, 12:49:14 PMIn terms of characters, there are really only two: Dutch and Anna.

I'd really love to see the Anna stuff they filmed for Predator 2 but never used.

Xan21

Xan21

It wasn't much in the script, but I can imagine her delivering the lines. She is fantastic in the original.

EJA

EJA

What does she say/do in the script? Anyone got a link?

Corporal Hicks

EJA

Corporal Hicks

overthere

overthere

Should we be worried Shane is going to pull the same kind of stunt he did with Mandarin? Get a lot of fans pissed off.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: overthere on Jul 15, 2016, 08:59:27 PM
Should we be worried Shane is going to pull the same kind of stunt he did with Mandarin? Get a lot of fans pissed off.

I'm worried that saying things like "this will be an event film," "people will want to go and see it," and other things along those lines may raise expectations too high and cause disappointments as a result.

But I still have high hopes for this film and hope it does well. I can't wait to see it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on Jul 15, 2016, 08:59:27 PMShould we be worried Shane is going to pull the same kind of stunt he did with Mandarin? Get a lot of fans pissed off.

I loved what he did with the Mandarin lol.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed