Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL!

Started by Lemonade, Jun 25, 2014, 10:17:16 PM

Author
Shane Black is doing a SEQUEL! (Read 193,884 times)

Johnny Handsome

I think the first one is quite scary, if you watch the whole movie there is a constant feel of danger and the ending at night is quite suspenseful.

Generelly Predator has more of a "cool" feeling to it, but in the first one, the creature actually feels quite scary because you don't get that much Information about it and the way it kills the guys one by one is pretty horrific with the way it moves through the jungle.

The Predator is also pretty smart, not like most movie Monsters which come right at you, the Scene for example when Dutch is luring on that tree with the fire and the Predator comes right behind him because he had the same idea, you just go like "Oh Shit".

Even the scene where he is sitting on that tree looking at the skulls of the dead men, with the Music and all, i think that is a pretty grizzly Scene, i remeber watching it in 3D with my girlfriend when the blu-ray came out and she had goosebumps when that scene came on.

I think most People just forgot how scary the Predator was at the start of the Franchise because they are just so used to it now, just like with Alien, i was afraid of it as a kid, now i'm snoring through the movie.

So, i don't really think Predator has the potential to scare the living daylight out of you, it's just not designed to be that Monster, but it certainly has the potantial to be really creepy, if you retain that feeling of the original.

overthere

overthere

We also can't really put ourselves in the situation where we'd be hunted by a Predator. In reality, Predator would ignore most of us, so he's not really a threat to us.

But the creepy feeling could make a return. Predators tried, but they didn't really work it in. Just the idea of Predator alone is eerie.

Johnny Handsome

I think the real creepy aspect of the Predator character that can work in basically every movie is that this thing kills for pleasure. It doesn't need to feed on us, it isn't here for reproduction, it's here for fun and it feels great pleasure in stalking and slaughtering people for no reason other than pure fun. And that alone makes it a real nasty, evil force.

In the Sequels it had more of an adventure feeling to it, being more straight up action movies, the first one i feel is in parts a horror movie. I mean you never really saw skinned bodies in an sci-fi picture before, you never really saw laser beams in an 80s Action movie before, it's just this great combination of everything, almost like a genre best-of.

And that's why i think Predator to this day still appeals to a shitload of people.

Corporal Hicks

I didn't get that horror or scary feel from Predator. However, when you see it written down as Johnny puts it -

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on May 17, 2016, 10:00:28 AM
I think the real creepy aspect of the Predator character that can work in basically every movie is that this thing kills for pleasure. It doesn't need to feed on us, it isn't here for reproduction, it's here for fun and it feels great pleasure in stalking and slaughtering people for no reason other than pure fun. And that alone makes it a real nasty, evil force.

There's real potential to play up that aspect. If Black explores along these lines and focuses on that kind of angle of the Predator, there's lots for him to toy with to increase the horror.

Mike

Mike

As I said before I think Predator 1 and 2 are horror films too but Predators really nails this category. Nimrod Antal and Robert Rodriguez really sought out to make Predators a scary movie and it shows from start to end. From the spooky atmosphere from start to end. The fact that there are 3 Badblood Predators out there that will kill you on sight. That's really scary if you ask me. The whole Preserve planet makes it even more so.

overthere

overthere

I can't wait for a teaser or some glimpse into the story. Is it safe to assume we're probably get some of it by the end of the year?

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: overthere on May 17, 2016, 01:20:59 PM
I can't wait for a teaser or some glimpse into the story. Is it safe to assume we're probably get some of it by the end of the year?
I really don't think we will get anything this year, it's way too early. The movie comes out in march 2018, that's still far away.

I think marketing for this will kick in September/october 2017 with a teaser and a poster, then a full trailer in january 2018.

Mike

Mike

I think The Predator will be a sequel to all the Predator movies since it takes place present day. Why would the script acknowledge only P1 and not P2 or Predators if the film takes place in present day? I don't think it will be a sequel to any of the Avp films just the solo Predator movies. Shane Black just mentioned the events in 1990 referring to Predator 2.

LordCassusSnow

Called it. Predators are invading earth. Sounded like something an "event" movie would be. Don't know if this is exactly good news as it could be at odds with current continuity. But i guess that depends on the scale of the predator invasion. Maybe the mystery is their being chased out of Yautja space by an army of controlled xenomorphs? ::) Seriousley Fox, hire someone who can be the authority on all this new canon your releasing. Someone who actually looks over old and new material who'll say, you can't do this as it clashes with continuity(Christopher Golden!). Or maybe hire a small group from this site? Aside from myself there are some pretty bright minds here that hold these franchises so close to the heart that we would make sure your expanding universe is solid and consistent. Do it Fox so we dont end up with another Colonial Marines trainwreck or a source book which ignores alot of info already published.

Mike

Mike

I seen Avp 1 2 times in the Theather and Avpr 1 time in the Theather and Predators 2 times. For now the standard for me is 2 times but that's just standard lol. I seen Terminator Genisys 5 times

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mike on May 17, 2016, 03:55:12 PM
I think The Predator will be a sequel to all the Predator movies since it takes place present day. Why would the script acknowledge only P1 and not P2 or Predators if the film takes place in present day? I don't think it will be a sequel to any of the Avp films just the solo Predator movies. Shane Black just mentioned the events in 1990 referring to Predator 2.

I think they'd have to go out of their way to try and fit everything in. It's not like Alien where it's all linear in terms of story events. The Predators largely stand alone.

Interview with JoBlo, nothing new. http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/shane-black-on-the-nice-guys-buddy-comedies-lethal-weapon-predator-more-321

QuoteI have to ask about THE PREDATOR, of course. What is it about the character and that world that drew you back to the title?

I was reluctant to. If you look at the opening of the first Predator, with the helicopters coming in and landing with the smoke and the native people... It was so compelling because it established a world in which this is still mysterious for you. It's not a sci-fi world. It was so fresh back then, like a "why didn't I think of that, what the f**k?" quality to it. I'd like to get back to a movie where it's three months out and people are like, "Let's get our tickets now because we're aware of this, it seems like they put the money and attention into it, it's not just a knock-off." Really try to get back to that feeling of wonderment, mystery and adventure. A fresh movie. Without giving away details, that's been our goal. To say, "What's the John McTiernan and Joel Silver of this, and how do we get back to that?"

It's definitely your next directorial effort?

It is, it is.

Do you know when production will begin?

I think we're looking at end of September, maybe. Latest would be October, depending on casting. We might have to go over if we cast someone who isn't available yet. But if we get the right guys, September.

And is Arnold going to be in it?

[Abruptly stands and makes like he's going to leave] Can't really talk about that!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I actually think the Predator POV shots, couple with the weird noises, are pretty creepy.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on May 17, 2016, 05:05:49 PM
Called it. Predators are invading earth. Sounded like something an "event" movie would be. Don't know if this is exactly good news as it could be at odds with current continuity. But i guess that depends on the scale of the predator invasion. Maybe the mystery is their being chased out of Yautja space by an army of controlled xenomorphs? ::) Seriousley Fox, hire someone who can be the authority on all this new canon your releasing. Someone who actually looks over old and new material who'll say, you can't do this as it clashes with continuity(Christopher Golden!). Or maybe hire a small group from this site? Aside from myself there are some pretty bright minds here that hold these franchises so close to the heart that we would make sure your expanding universe is solid and consistent. Do it Fox so we dont end up with another Colonial Marines trainwreck or a source book which ignores alot of info already published.

What? Who said it's about Predators invading the Earth? Shane even said it's NOT about 50 Predators running down a hill. Title suggest it's 1 Predator, and I think it was implied in some interview.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: overthere on May 17, 2016, 06:02:50 PM
What? Who said it's about Predators invading the Earth? Shane even said it's NOT about 50 Predators running down a hill. Title suggest it's 1 Predator, and I think it was implied in some interview.

Agreed. So far nothing has been said about this being an invasion flick... and I most certainly wouldn't want an invasion flick for a Predator film, which I trust Shane not to do, especially considering the name of the title for the film.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: overthere on May 17, 2016, 06:02:50 PMWhat? Who said it's about Predators invading the Earth? Shane even said it's NOT about 50 Predators running down a hill.

Absolutely no one said that. Cassus is just talking b.s. As you rightly say, Black even stated it specifically won't be that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed