New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,289,389 times)

Corporal Hicks

Welcome aboard, folk! Please make sure you read our board rules and feel free to ask any questions if you have any. I'm looking forward to seeing you get stuck in! :)

Stitch

Stitch

Howdy new peeps

SeismoGoth

Hey, I'm SeismoGoth :3, 22yo, She/Her

I am primarily a musician and on occasion a writer. I've been a fan of Alien since I saw the first movie on cable as a kid and a Predator fan (to a lesser extent) for a similar amount of time.

I've found myself reading a few Alien novels as of late, and thought it best to make an account on here.

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the boards! Please make sure to have a gander at our rules and get stuck in! Which books have you dug into?

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: SeismoGoth on Jul 28, 2021, 12:34:32 PM

I am primarily a musician and on occasion a writer. I've been a fan of Alien since I saw the first movie on cable as a kid and a Predator fan (to a lesser extent) for a similar amount of time.

I've found myself reading a few Alien novels as of late, and thought it best to make an account on here.

What are your favourite Alien novels ?

SeismoGoth

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 28, 2021, 01:12:05 PM
Welcome to the boards! Please make sure to have a gander at our rules and get stuck in! Which books have you dug into?
I read Cold Forge a couple months ago and found it a delightfully bleak read. Now I'm digging into the "canon" trilogy after watching them sit on my shelf for 5 years.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SeismoGoth on Jul 28, 2021, 12:34:32 PM

I dig the name, but I'm going to have to question your choice in Space Jockey...

SeismoGoth

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 28, 2021, 09:02:07 PM
I dig the name, but I'm going to have to question your choice in Space Jockey...
Aw </3  I like him :[

He's just a fun, Raygun Gothic Elephant Guy.

[cancerblack]

Fair enough, although he's a bit of a running joke around here.

SeismoGoth

In that case, this one's fine too.

[cancerblack]

Personally I think it's an improvement, but really I'm just being cheeky, no need to change your vibe.

After all, I'm rocking Jeri.

Some Old Dude

Hi all. I'm Some Old Dude, both literally and because I used to go around various Alien forums using Dude as a prefix. Maybe even here but I don't remember as it would've been a loooong time ago.

I'm he/him. I'm kind of an anomaly in that I'm simultaneously a snob for Alien/Predator stuff but also a super easy mark always willing to let flaws slide. For example I enjoy The Predator lol!

My wife and I are expecting our first child in November and I'm currently an essential worker during a heavy lockdown in Sydney NSW so I have a lot of spare time at the moment  ;D

SeismoGoth

It's cool, I think I prefer this one as well.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SeismoGoth on Jul 28, 2021, 09:55:36 PM
Quote from: [cancerblack] on Jul 28, 2021, 09:02:07 PM
Aw </3  I like him :[

He's just a fun, Raygun Gothic Elephant Guy.

No love for Hairy Elephant Guy from Destroying Angels?!

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Jul 29, 2021, 03:01:12 AM
Hi all. I'm Some Old Dude, both literally and because I used to go around various Alien forums using Dude as a prefix. Maybe even here but I don't remember as it would've been a loooong time ago.

I'm he/him. I'm kind of an anomaly in that I'm simultaneously a snob for Alien/Predator stuff but also a super easy mark always willing to let flaws slide. For example I enjoy The Predator lol!

My wife and I are expecting our first child in November and I'm currently an essential worker during a heavy lockdown in Sydney NSW so I have a lot of spare time at the moment  ;D

Welcome to the boards Old Dude! Though I'm tempted to take that welcome back with the confession regarding The Predator... :P Nah, seriously, welcome aboard mate! And congrats on the baby!

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: SeismoGoth on Jul 29, 2021, 03:34:30 AM
It's cool, I think I prefer this one as well.

Rad

Quote from: Some Old Dude on Jul 29, 2021, 03:01:12 AM

Were you ever on ye olde AvPNews/GameGossip?

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 29, 2021, 08:00:03 AM
No love for Hairy Elephant Guy from Destroying Angels?!

It was the Aliens Book 1 raygun and space boots guy  :D

And I'll do anything for Destroying Angels, but I won't do that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed