New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,290,544 times)

SM

SM

You'll find negativity here too - fortunately it's not rampant.  :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Reichu on Aug 25, 2017, 11:02:51 AM
New person! I've been lurking off and on for a while, and this place seems pretty cool from what I can tell. Got sick of the rampant negativity and lack of moderation at the LV426 subreddit, so here I am!

Welcome! Pleasure to see you here. We've got people who love the film and people who hate it. As long as everyone conducts themselves like adults, that's no problem.  :) Please make sure you familiarise yourself with the forum rules, feel free to ask if you have any questions and report any issues.

Cellien

Cellien

Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2017, 01:27:55 AM
Quote from: Cellien on Aug 25, 2017, 01:02:22 AM
Haha, yeah.  Everyone was hyped as hell for AVPR.

I was concerned as soon as I saw that picture of the Predator holding the Alien by the throat.  Not because the Predator was holding the Alien by the throat, but because the Alien looked so rubbish.

It never improved.

I remember reading all the negativity and trying not to let it bother me.  Then I saw it... and went full ham rant-mode on here.  :D

SNAFU84

SNAFU84

Good day everyone!  New guy reporting in!  My obsession started when I was about 10 or 11 years old when my Mom let me watch Aliens for the first time ever.  23 years later, here I am!  I recently found out you can buy figures from NECA (I had some of the Kenner "Space Marine" figures when I was younger) but these one's really bring back the nostalgia!  I'll be posting my collection and progress soon!  Lookin' forward to wandering the halls of this place!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Cellien on Aug 25, 2017, 08:41:50 PM
Quote from: SM on Aug 25, 2017, 01:27:55 AM
Quote from: Cellien on Aug 25, 2017, 01:02:22 AM
Haha, yeah.  Everyone was hyped as hell for AVPR.

I was concerned as soon as I saw that picture of the Predator holding the Alien by the throat.  Not because the Predator was holding the Alien by the throat, but because the Alien looked so rubbish.

It never improved.

I remember reading all the negativity and trying not to let it bother me.  Then I saw it... and went full ham rant-mode on here.  :D

It was hard not to be really letdown by that film. Still, the lead-up was great fun. I think the pre-release hype is half the fun with these movies anyway. Just be nice to have a really great film after it all. I still live in hope!

Quote from: SNAFU84 on Aug 27, 2017, 10:18:19 PM
Good day everyone!  New guy reporting in!  My obsession started when I was about 10 or 11 years old when my Mom let me watch Aliens for the first time ever.  23 years later, here I am!  I recently found out you can buy figures from NECA (I had some of the Kenner "Space Marine" figures when I was younger) but these one's really bring back the nostalgia!  I'll be posting my collection and progress soon!  Lookin' forward to wandering the halls of this place!

Welcome to the club! Looking forward to seeing that collection.  :)

Shifty

Shifty

Hey! I am from Global AvP! Just wanted to join and see what this place is all about. I really like that you guys have scripts here!

Corporal Hicks

Welcome to the club. Glad you're liking the scripts. I love the whole movie archaeology angle and the scripts are a huge part of that kind of thing. Glad to be able to share them with others.

Iron Infililtrator

I come from the internet far far away! Just joking, came over from the Alien-Covenant site and man that place sure is dead. Anyway nice site!

Local Trouble

Quote from: Reichu on Aug 25, 2017, 11:02:51 AM
New person! I've been lurking off and on for a while, and this place seems pretty cool from what I can tell. Got sick of the rampant negativity and lack of moderation at the LV426 subreddit, so here I am!

Reported.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Iron Infililtrator on Aug 31, 2017, 02:39:12 AM
I come from the internet far far away! Just joking, came over from the Alien-Covenant site and man that place sure is dead. Anyway nice site!

Welcome! Always happy to offer refugee to people who have suffered through Scified websites.

MarqFJA87

MarqFJA87

Hi. I've been an avid fan of the Alien franchise ever since I've read a sort of novelized version of the first movie in a local kid's magazine1, though I think I was more properly introduced via the video game Alien Trilogy a few years later.

Oh, and I'm a Xenophile, for the record. I do cheer for the humans' victory/survival of the Alien/Predator menaces, but Xenomorphs will always be my favorite of the three species in the franchise.

• Yeah, I know. I was a kid back then, too. From what I remember, the whole thing was kinda dumbed down, and it used screenshots from the movie as background for the pages.

EDIT: Huh. For some reason, the superscript BBCode isn't working.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: MarqFJA87 on Sep 06, 2017, 04:01:58 PM
Hi. I've been an avid fan of the Alien franchise ever since I've read a sort of novelized version of the first movie in a local kid's magazine1, though I think I was more properly introduced via the video game Alien Trilogy a few years later.

• Yeah, I know. I was a kid back then, too. From what I remember, the whole thing was kinda dumbed down, and it used screenshots from the movie as background for the pages.

Funny that you mention this! It came up in conversation recently and RidgeTop snagged a copy of what I think you're thinking about off eBay -

Was it this?

And welcome to the board!

MarqFJA87

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2017, 07:39:06 AM
Quote from: MarqFJA87 on Sep 06, 2017, 04:01:58 PM

Funny that you mention this! It came up in conversation recently and RidgeTop snagged a copy of what I think you're thinking about off eBay -

Was it this?

And welcome to the board!
I can't be sure unless I see what's inside, but I doubt it. If you haven't noticed by looking up my profile, I'm from Saudi Arabia; the magazine I'm talking about was in Arabic, not English.

Corporal Hicks

I hadn't noticed, sorry. Fair enough. I'd be curious to see that if you ever come across it again!

MarqFJA87

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 07, 2017, 08:38:33 PM
I hadn't noticed, sorry. Fair enough. I'd be curious to see that if you ever come across it again!
I probably won't. The magazine issue in particular is probably at least 20 years old by now, and they don't make a habit of reprinting old stuff.

BTW, which part of the forum should I go if I wanted to discuss ideas for fan-made world-building of the AVPverse (that is, world-building that we fans come up with ourselves, rather than what is present in AVP materials), such as all-new Xenomorph variants, details of Xenomorph/Yautja biology, or unexplored aspects of the culture/technology/history of Yautja/Humans? Because that's what drove me to sign up to this forum in the first place, even though I'm interested in doing other kinds of AVP-related discussion.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed