Do you read comic books?

Yes, all the time
No, never ever
Sometimes, here and there
Author
Comic Book Readers (Read 908,339 times)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Just realised Deadpool Corps was cancelled after issue 12, and I have the first (and only) two TPBs and I was enjoying it as well. :D I just hope it has a decent ending.

In other news Batman: Year One was pretty damn awesome, I really enjoyed it.

Herk Mondo

Herk Mondo

I havent bought any comics in years, but recently I bought all of the Aliens and Aliens vs Predator Omnibuses - Fantastic! 
Does anyone know if there is going to be more?

I remember a story in Dark Horse's Aliens called Newt's Tale - about the story of Hadley's Hope between when Newts Family found the Derelict and when the Marines arrive but it isnt in any of the Omnibuses I have.  Thats one I would like to track down.  :)

Terx2

Terx2

I brought AVP Duel and Aliens Fast track to Heaven Yesterday at a garage sale.

Pn2501

Pn2501

Up to date on this one it's awesome, thanks heaps spaghetti for the recommendation, I haven't been this addicted to a comic since preacher, amazing writing and art, excessively violent, and gritty realistic characters, if you haven't read it get on to it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scalped

Also up to date on this, don't let the artwork fool you, this isn't some Bambi story, one of the best post apocalyptic stories I've read I'm officially addicted, it realy puts walking dead to shame, the only thing I could possibly compare it to is Steven Kings "The Stand", and I'd be pressed to say it's a little better and somewhat more unique in the genre.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweet_Tooth_(Vertigo)

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

I recently read Deadpool Pulp, and I really enjoyed it. A nice twist on all the characters and the 1950s was a very interesting setting. I recommend this. :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

I just read the first issue of Red Skull: Incarnate, written by Greg Pak (Magneto Testament). It tells the story of young Johann Schmidt who lives in a orphanage where he's physically abused on a daily baisis. He finally gets enough and runs away, only to find himself on the streets during a very difficult time in german history.

A great opening to this miniseries. I already like it better than Magneto Testament.

Edit: Absolute Kingdom Come is getting a re-release in January 2012. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-Kingdom-Come-Mark-Waid/dp/1401207685/ref=sr_1_1_title_0_main?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310344757&sr=1-1

Aeus

Purebreedalien

Huol

Huol

DC has batman.

Aeus

Aeus

I don't read Harry Potter because he's published by Bloomsbury.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: Huol on Jul 12, 2011, 02:08:37 PM
DC has batman.

Marvel are winning on everything apart from TV currently so I guess Batman isn't such a deciding factor after all. :P

Huol

Huol

People are stupid.

Purebreedalien

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jul 12, 2011, 02:13:02 PM
Quote from: Huol on Jul 12, 2011, 02:08:37 PM
DC has batman.

Marvel are winning on everything apart from TV currently so I guess Batman isn't such a deciding factor after all. :P

>implying the Joker hasn't rigged the votes to torment Batman.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed