NECA Predator Figure Series

Started by Sabres21768, Dec 04, 2010, 06:10:40 AM

Author
NECA Predator Figure Series (Read 887,051 times)

Sol

Sol

#5190
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 25, 2022, 01:02:15 PM
Yeah but I don't see the point in buying a H.R Giger's Alien that they still can't get the proportions on correct, even if it's double the price, I'd rather get an import figure that I don't feel the need to replace.

Fair. I'm not aware of proportion issues with them, but I'm sure one could make me aware. In regards to other options, those figures are much more than any NECA. We have the One:12 Collective Alien from Mezco starts at 100.00 USD. The S.H. Figuarts from Bandai starts at $50.00 USD. The MAFEX Big Chap starts at 105.00 USD. And if you weren't looking for the Alien specifically from the first film,  you are out of luck. No Aliens (86), no Queen. No Alien 3, Resurrection, Comic variants, AvP, etc. Just the first one. And even less options with the Predator. Random figures between the lines. No Lost Tribe, or anything.

Pricier and far less variety.

EDIT: I do plan on getting that MAFEX Big Chap. Looks amazing. I'll probably end up repainting it, too. Make it look even better.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

#5191
Quote from: Sol on Jan 25, 2022, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 25, 2022, 11:24:12 AM
I'd just really rather buy a £20 figure that's better, or go a bit higher and buy a £60 to £80 one, NECA's just not £40's worth in my years of experience collecting by a long shot honestly.

And that's your right. There's nothing nearly as detailed or articulated with this license at that price point, however. So it's sadly NECA, or nothing else. I hope as they continue to grow they get better. Early releases didn't even have articulation. Maybe a simple head swivel, but that was really it.
To be fair "early releases" was 15 years ago, you'd hope they'd have basic QC issues ironed out by now.

Sol

Sol

#5192
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 26, 2022, 02:54:01 AM
Quote from: Sol on Jan 25, 2022, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 25, 2022, 11:24:12 AM
I'd just really rather buy a £20 figure that's better, or go a bit higher and buy a £60 to £80 one, NECA's just not £40's worth in my years of experience collecting by a long shot honestly.

And that's your right. There's nothing nearly as detailed or articulated with this license at that price point, however. So it's sadly NECA, or nothing else. I hope as they continue to grow they get better. Early releases didn't even have articulation. Maybe a simple head swivel, but that was really it.
To be fair "early releases" was 15 years ago, you'd hope they'd have basic QC issues ironed out by now.

They are still a much smaller company than a company like Hasbro, by a large margin. I'm not excusing the issues however.

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

#5193
Personally speaking since I came back to Marvel legends, I find it roughly on par with Neca. I've been hearing reports of loose or broken limbs and some weird paint defects on Iron man. There was even one guy who gave me a whole book's worth of comment on how they've only got the MCU figures color red right once.

Like I don't know what happened between my last figure and now but I'm finding it strange so many figures even a year old at this point are pushing 50 dollars as if it was a Neca price tag. Dead serious a Red Goblin for some unholy reason ran 90 dollars last I looked.

Sol

Sol

#5194
Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jan 26, 2022, 03:13:52 PM
Personally speaking since I came back to Marvel legends, I find it roughly on par with Neca. I've been hearing reports of loose or broken limbs and some weird paint defects on Iron man. There was even one guy who gave me a whole book's worth of comment on how they've only got the MCU figures color red right once.

Like I don't know what happened between my last figure and now but I'm finding it strange so many figures even a year old at this point are pushing 50 dollars as if it was a Neca price tag. Dead serious a Red Goblin for some unholy reason ran 90 dollars last I looked.

I was looking at some stuff about how hard the quality had dipped. Reusing the same molds for numerous characters, the paint issues you mentioned, and snapping limbs.

Hilariously I just broke my brand new Ultimate Alien Warrior the second I pulled it out the package, and it was missing a finger. Utterly terrible.

NightstormScarab

New member here, love the site. Been listening to the podcasts for a few weeks now and amazing work. Anyway recently got more into the EU for Predator and read all the Predator comics and followed that up with reading all the bios on the back of the NECA series and was blown away with the awesome information. I think I enjoyed the NECA bios more than the comic line. I feel like they get it. The comics never seemed to be about the Predator as much, they die most of the time and kinda got on my nerves by the end. I'm here for the Predator not gerenic human #57. Anyway don't want to rock the boat in my first message here but I am very curious how the fanbase views these NECA bios? Because I think they are brilliant. I have so many favourite Yautja's now, Nightstorm, Golden Angel, Wasp, Renegade, Scavage and so on. Something I didn't really experience with the comics and really wanted and kind of expected.

Not only did I find a ton of new Yautja that I liked but also expanded on the ones I already liked of course Jungle Hunter, City Hunter and Falconer. The NECA bios state that the City Hunter was a juvenile. Really surprised by this but also made sense when it expanded by saying the City Hunter was reckless and caused havoc in the city, to such an extent that Warrior was going to be despatched to bring him back to the ship.

The toyline also has some great information of the Yautja from the Predators movie. Falconer and Tracker were also juvenile. Berserk was also young but he was a prodigy who raised through the ranks quickly and showed great promise but chose a different path became a bad blood.

So what is the fanbase consenus on this information? Is it considered canon? Because I have to be honest I enjoyed them more than the comics and hell even more than that last movie. It's kind of everything I want in this series for a while now, focusing on the Predator's and not generic human.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

#5196
New pic of the Concrete Jungle fig

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#5197
Quote from: NightstormScarab on Jan 26, 2022, 11:29:07 PM
So what is the fanbase consenus on this information? Is it considered canon? Because I have to be honest I enjoyed them more than the comics and hell even more than that last movie. It's kind of everything I want in this series for a while now, focusing on the Predator's and not generic human.

First off, welcome to the board Nightstorm! Pleasure to have you here and thanks for the kind words. The card backs, while generally considered interesting, don't tend to be considered as canon by folk - there's some wild stuff in there sometimes! But really, it's down to Studios if it's canon or not. I believe that most of those bios made it into the official bible.

NightstormScarab

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2022, 09:12:54 AM

First off, welcome to the board Nightstorm! Pleasure to have you here and thanks for the kind words. The card backs, while generally considered interesting, don't tend to be considered as canon by folk - there's some wild stuff in there sometimes! But really, it's down to Studios if it's canon or not. I believe that most of those bios made it into the official bible.

Thanks Corporal Hicks. I understand as a Resident Evil fan those action figures came with "interesting" bios that really didn't allign with the canon. There is a language barrier with that series though so wasn't sure if it was exclusive to RE. Was kinda hoping that the lore would be overseen by the property supervisors. It happens more nowadays with RE than in the past third parties had free reign. It seems like they are used for the series to cherry pick from also can relate to RE in that there are non canon materials in that universe which writers for the video games sometimes take from with snipets. Like the whole story from a third party product won't be canon but they might take elements. What is the official bible? This some book that is behind the scenes?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#5199
It's a behind-the-scenes resource book. A tool for people working on new stories or comics or etc to see all the existing lore.

bobcunk

bobcunk

#5200
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 26, 2022, 02:54:01 AM
Quote from: Sol on Jan 25, 2022, 12:41:41 PM
Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 25, 2022, 11:24:12 AM
I'd just really rather buy a £20 figure that's better, or go a bit higher and buy a £60 to £80 one, NECA's just not £40's worth in my years of experience collecting by a long shot honestly.
the Mcfarlane DC figures are almost half the price and have hardly any QC issues, You can actually play with them like a toy and they won't break like it were made of a soda cracker.

And that's your right. There's nothing nearly as detailed or articulated with this license at that price point, however. So it's sadly NECA, or nothing else. I hope as they continue to grow they get better. Early releases didn't even have articulation. Maybe a simple head swivel, but that was really it.
To be fair "early releases" was 15 years ago, you'd hope they'd have basic QC issues ironed out by now.

Still Collating...

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Jan 27, 2022, 07:23:48 AM
New pic of the Concrete Jungle fig


Where'd you find this pic?

Sabres21768


SiL

SiL

#5203
Where did you find the internet?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

#5204
NECA shared it on Facebook and Twitter.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed