Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film!

Started by MudButt, Mar 04, 2022, 10:06:48 PM

Author
Fede Alvarez working on new Alien film! (Read 66,671 times)

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 31, 2023, 01:12:08 PMI hope that terminology becomes commonplace with Alien.
It is for me.

TheBATMAN

The Alien has to come from the Covenant, or perhaps a lifeboat from the Covenant. Breaking down things logically, it has to be the only way unless they riff the Nostromo flight recorder plot point from Isolation and return to LV-426.

Given the timeline placement, randomly encountering the creatures from any other source would seem a little meh IMO.

I assume there will also be plenty of name drops. References to the missing Prometheus and Covenant missions, the missing Nostromo etc.

Do we have any indication of when this takes place between the first two films? Is it a few years after Alien, or 50?

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 31, 2023, 02:13:04 PMThe Alien has to come from the Covenant, or perhaps a lifeboat from the Covenant.

No.

QuoteGiven the timeline placement, randomly encountering the creatures from any other source would seem a little meh IMO.

Also no.

skhellter

There was at least one lifeboat ship that escaped Sevastopol...

i wonder...

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Dec 31, 2023, 01:12:08 PMI hope that terminology becomes commonplace with Alien.

Indeed. Alien Resurrection feels more like a live-action Dark Horse comic book than an extension of the original trilogy. It's also set so far in the future that the movie is its own thing, rather than a 'part 4'.

Additionals are nice, but The 'Alien Trilogy' will always be god-tier canon in my view.

I have (hopefully not misplaced) hopes that Fede's movie will evoke the feel of the original trilogy, though the fact it's including the prequels (as much as I love them as their own thing) means i can't see it making that tier.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Dec 31, 2023, 02:16:13 PM
Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 31, 2023, 02:13:04 PMThe Alien has to come from the Covenant, or perhaps a lifeboat from the Covenant.

No.

QuoteGiven the timeline placement, randomly encountering the creatures from any other source would seem a little meh IMO.

Also no.

Why not?

The Cruentus

I take Alien Rez as a standalone, a parody even. Too much in it doesn't feel like it fits with the rest of the series in my opinion.

skhellter

Resurrection is very much like a dark horse comic.

it being comedic on purpose doesn't mean that it's a parody, no.

The Cruentus

No, but I take it as a parody. More enjoyable for myself.  :laugh:

Mike’s Monsters

That Perfect Organism post has me curious, because I'm not sure where it's connecting to the prequels. It's felt like it's own thing, and not so much acknowledging the prequels. Definitely more of the vibe of Alien and Aliens. I haven't come across the connections. I expect they'll do a very light acknowledgement like a name drop of the Prometheus or Covenant. But I'm not expecting David, black goo or engineer stuff. Just a solid Alien story that doesn't get too lost in tying it all together with the prequels. Perfect Organism certainly wants the clicks.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 31, 2023, 02:52:23 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Dec 31, 2023, 02:16:13 PM

No.

Also no.

Why not?
Not everything has to be interconnected.

The Cruentus

The prequels were fairly well made as films, at least visualy and I would like to see Ridley Scott given the chance to finish what he started. But some fans, me included, thinks the prequels takes away from what the alien is.  Humans created David, david creates Alien. It means the species is not only artificial, but not really truly alien either as its origins go back to humans, even if by proxy. And also the "species" is then only 20 odd years give or take by the time of Alien.

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Dec 31, 2023, 06:42:48 PMI expect they'll do a very light acknowledgement like a name drop of the Prometheus or Covenant.

Yeah, that is most likely what is going to happen.

But it's also interesting that this movie was only possible due to Ridley Scott's permission, after years of it being initially pitched (kind of like Noah Hawley's FX series).

We know that Fede pitched the plot to him a few years ago, but only recently did Ridley Scott gave him the heads up in order to proceed with the movie, so maybe there were some behind the scenes "deals".

Something like this, "I let you do your movie, but if you have to put X and Y".

Mike’s Monsters

I think it's more that he just likes Fede's idea. Ridley isn't as hands on with the story, just more producing.

The Cruentus

Wait so Scott has the rights at the moment? I thought fox did. Or do you mean that he at least has some creative input etc?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed