What are you listening to right now?

Started by Harry72, Dec 13, 2006, 10:32:39 AM

Author
What are you listening to right now? (Read 1,640,173 times)

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 06, 2020, 08:57:21 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 06, 2020, 03:50:34 AMRoger remains ever so classy by comparing his dad to f**king Jesus. :laugh:

This album was the point at which he disappeared right up his own arse if you ask me. He has yet to return.

It's a shame because a few of the songs are quite good, and a few of them are almost there but peter out in some form.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

SM

SM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 06, 2020, 03:50:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJylcQ7CGfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRJia6v6mf4

Roger remains ever so classy by comparing his dad to f**king Jesus. :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scpqae3P7Dg

While The Final Cut is overly self indulgent, I'm not sure Rog, a pretty vocal atheist, is comparing his dad to Jesus.  It's searching for reasons or blame for the promise of the post-war dream being unfulfilled.

Most of the songs that had Dave in a prominent role are pretty good. And that ones that don't have Dave in a prominent role, probably should've.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 07, 2020, 01:43:58 AMIt's a shame because a few of the songs are quite good, and a few of them are almost there but peter out in some form.

The only song from it I ever listen to is "Not Now John". Probably no coincidence that it was the only one David was seriously involved with.

Then again my favourite Floyd album is The Division Bell, so what the f**k do I know? :laugh:

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 11, 2020, 08:55:29 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 07, 2020, 01:43:58 AMIt's a shame because a few of the songs are quite good, and a few of them are almost there but peter out in some form.

The only song from it I ever listen to is "Not Now John". Probably no coincidence that it was the only one David was seriously involved with.

Then again my favourite Floyd album is The Division Bell, so what the f**k do I know? :laugh:

And I don't think I've ever finished Atom Heart Mother. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

To be honest, pre-Meddle Floyd doesn't do anything for me either.

Shasvre

SM

SM

Quote from: KiramidHead on Oct 11, 2020, 09:03:56 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 11, 2020, 08:55:29 PM

And I don't think I've ever finished Atom Heart Mother. :laugh:

AHM used to be my least favourite album, and while If and Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast are dull as, the title track, Fat Old Sun and Summer 68 grew on me.  Mind you, it took a good 20 odd years.  Would've been great to see AHM used in Clockwork Orange like Stanley wanted.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 12, 2020, 11:22:30 AM
To be honest, pre-Meddle Floyd doesn't do anything for me either.

More is probably their most under-rated album.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Oct 16, 2020, 01:28:51 AMMore is probably their most under-rated album.

I always forget that that came before Meddle. We can adjust the start of my interest back a little.

Ingwar

Xeno Killer 2179

HuDaFuK

KiramidHead

Oh god I hate it.  :-X

HuDaFuK

Yeah, I feel like I'm not on enough acid to appreciate the Syd Barrett stuff.

It's funny how, considering they're one of my favourite bands, Floyd did at least five albums that I objectively hate.

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 21, 2020, 08:53:02 AM
Yeah, I feel like I'm not on enough acid to appreciate the Syd Barrett stuff.

It's funny how, considering they're one of my favourite bands, Floyd did at least five albums that I objectively hate.

Piper had some good songs on it, but it was definitely way too acid induced. I actually quite enjoyed the first half of Saucerful of Secrets, but the obnoxious and overlong instrumental piece killed its momentum, and the Barrett written song was predictably annoying.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed