Post Your Collection

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Dec 11, 2006, 04:44:31 PM

Author
Post Your Collection (Read 868,925 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Nice poster. 

Can't go past Classic Kenner figs.  Would love to see a clearer shot of what you have there.   plz...  ;D

-Windebieste.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Will have to wait until daylight. My tablet has no flash and it is my only camera right now sadly, but I will take more pics.

I have:
Gorilla
Mantis
Bull
Panther
Boar
Snake
Rhino (ram action not working)
Queen facehugger (one set of legs no longer functions completely)
Scorpion ( tail broken and missing)
2 crab aliens ( each one missing 1 of 2 missile huggers)
Queen ( missing tail)

Have a blue and a Bronze warrior that I don't know who manufactured

1 Neca series 2 big chap (hand superglued back on)

McFarlane alien and predator set ( no base, predator wrist blades broke off)
Neca glowin the dark eggs and huggers.

Got some kenner predators left but most missing gear.

windebieste

windebieste

I never really could get into the Kenner items of the 1990's and I don't own many of them.  I have:

2x Scorpion Alien (One is loose and the other is still inside its carded plastic blister.).
1x Queen Alien (Loose.  I think I have the little Alien accessory for it somewhere.).
1x Alien vs Predator set of 2 figures (Both figures are loose.  The predator has no accessories, otherwise both are in good condition.).

...and that's about it.  5 figures from that period.

I grok the appeal this generation of figures has for people, I just never got into them.  I guess at the time I found them to be a little too outlandish for my tastes.  These days, I have more regard for them and do appreciate them very differently.  Wouldn't mind getting some more but right now they're a low, low priority.  I had the opportunity to pick up a nice cheap loose Gorilla Alien a few months back at a local toy fair in Melbourne but didn't feel the compulsion to actually want to buy it. 

My interest in them is really by tangential association.  Being made by Kenner, I find them curious due to my much greater interest in their '79 Big Chap.  If someone else had made 'em, I probably wouldn't own any.  I guess the same can be said for the Super 7 Alien figures; which I absolutely adore.   The history behind them is just amazing; but if they didn't have that 'tangential association' then I probably wouldn't own any of those, either.

-Windebieste.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah I was born in. 85  so these toys are all well played with lol. I actually had to clear my childhood stuff out of my folks basement and I didn't want to just throw these away, almost did though. My cousins played with them when they were little too, that's where most of the wear and tear came from I'm afraid.

windebieste

windebieste

That's so cool that you made that decision to keep your stuff.  I'd be stoked now if I had done that when I moved out of home.  As it is, I moved out in less than agreeable circumstances.  I lost a lot of stuff back then including a Kenner rancor and a couple other toys I'd dearly would have loved to have kept.  I did keep my big Kenner Alien, though.  Guess that wasn't going to change.

It's actually one of the very few items I still own (other than a bunch of old books) from before I moved out of my folk's house 30 years ago still in my possession.  So he's a very precious fellow to hang onto now.

- Windebieste.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Oldest Alien-related merchandise I had was the 1993 Alien 3 game for SNES.  Still love that game.

Oldest figure I had was a warrior from Alien Resurrection.

Always did like the A:R warriors, thought they looked cool.

windebieste

windebieste

Yeah, the Kenner/Hasbro Aliens from '96 are all badged under the 'ALIEN: Resurrection' banner and are basic items by today's standard.  I have one of them.  I bought it about 12 months ago and wanted at least one sample from that series in my collection:

I always found it amusing that these figures were age approved at 'AGES 4 AND UP'.  Especially when the original 18 inch figure cause such a commotion in 1979.   It was rated at 'AGES 5 AND UP'.  lol. 

-Windebieste.

Scorpio

Scorpio

The only reason they are rated '5 and up' is choking hazard, not because they look scary.  I think the McFarlane toys had some controversy because of violent/sexual imagery.

That 1979 controversy was only due to Alien being R rated movie selling toys to kids?  Back when movie merchandising wasn't as big as it is today.

windebieste

windebieste

Correct.  On both counts. 

Kenner's Alien was not only marketed at children; but it was the first toy to be commercially released based on an R-rated movie.  Double whammy...

Gentle Giant's 24 inch tall tribute reissue of the figure has it rated at 'AGES 14 AND UP'.   Even they recognise it's inappropriateness for children - choking hazard or not.  It was released in 2014.  lol. 

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 18, 2016, 01:14:09 AM
Finally got my alien movie poster framed

Also I salvaged what's left of my kenner aliens from when I was a kid. Sorry for the crappy qaulity

I had a few posters that I ruined as a teen because I didn't frame them.  :( I've not gotten around to replacing them yet.

Vark_

Vark_

One of the main pieces of my Alien collection, now waiting for Frost  :)

426Buddy

426Buddy

As promised some better (but still terrible quality) pictures of my salvaged kenner aliens.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 20, 2016, 07:33:53 AM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Sep 18, 2016, 01:14:09 AM
Finally got my alien movie poster framed

Also I salvaged what's left of my kenner aliens from when I was a kid. Sorry for the crappy qaulity

I had a few posters that I ruined as a teen because I didn't frame them.  :( I've not gotten around to replacing them yet.

Yeah I  had this one a long time, it isn't mint anymore unfortunately but it still looks good up on the wall lol.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vark_ on Sep 25, 2016, 09:11:58 AMOne of the main pieces of my Alien collection, now waiting for Frost  :)

That's sweet!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Vark_ on Sep 25, 2016, 09:11:58 AM
One of the main pieces of my Alien collection, now waiting for Frost  :)

Looking good, Vark! Did you make the hived up display?

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: dHunter333 on Jul 18, 2016, 06:02:39 AM
here is an updated version of my collection
i am eagerly awaiting getting a ton of the alien accessory pack
4 face hugger viles for the marines, 4 for the predators, and 4 for the weyland-yutani group

my alien type aliens

my aliens and aliens vs predator reqiuem figures

my a:r and avp aliens

my dog/predaliens
looks like they are all falling over

misc alien hive accessories

my queens
use the smaller neca queens as praetorians (queen's guards)

my engineers

eggs
planning to buy the lootcrate glow in the dark exclusive eggs soon too

sort of my "extras"
stuff not currently in use, ton of weapons and accessories set aside for alien use

weyland-yutani group

the marines

the predators

some misc alien stuff

Nice collection buy why so many multiples?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed