Can The Predator stand out from a sea of blockbusters in 2018?

Started by Kel G 426, Aug 05, 2016, 09:38:39 PM

Author
Can The Predator stand out from a sea of blockbusters in 2018? (Read 3,479 times)

Kel G 426

http://www.cracked.com/blog/why-blockbuster-movie-bubble-will-burst-in-2018/

Quotehere's the insane slate of blockbusters 2018 has to offer:

Avengers: Infinity War, Ready Player One, Pacific Rim 2, Aquaman, Toy Story 4, Deadpool 2, Black Panther, The Flash, How To Train Your Dragon 3, Ant-Man And The Wasp, Jurassic World 2, The Predator, Fifty Shades Freed, Jungle Book: Origins, Marry Poppins Returns, Tomb Raider, Alita: Battle Angel, Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 2, The Secret Life Of Pets 2, an animated Spider-Man movie, Hotel Transylvania 3, The Wolf Man, Wreck-It Ralph 2, the Star Wars Han Solo spinoff, the Transformers Bumblebee spinoff, Maze Runner: The Death Cure, How The Grinch Stole Christmas, Gigantic (Disney's next hand-drawn animated musical).

Here's another seven movies that, at the time of publishing, don't have solid release dates but are scheduled for 2018:

Madagascar 4, Independence Day 3, Gambit (an X-Men spinoff), The Invisible Man, Venom (a Spider-Man spinoff), Uprising (Bryan Singer's big-budget movie about a war on the goddamn moon), Mission: Impossible 6.

And then there are the spots in the schedule studios have claimed but haven't specified what movies are going to be released.

Thoughts on this?

BishopShouldGo

Yes. I am as confident as Shane Black is in the project. It'll do very well.

PRJ_since1990

It's an R rated film based on a long-time, well-liked franchise with the last entries being ok to complete garbage. I honestly think the die-hard fans like us will be there day one and the rest will either wait for reviews or wait for Red Box. It's going to make money but it's not going to be "The Avengers" or "Jurassic (whatever)."

Kaltes

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Aug 06, 2016, 03:15:06 AM
It's going to make money but it's not going to be "The Avengers" or "Jurassic (whatever)."

Pretty much this really, though I think if it gets good reviews that might help increase viewership for those who aren't too familiar with the franchise. But it's iconic enough that'll it'll draw in money regardless.

Scorpio

I don't know how it will do as well as Prometheus.  Shane Black is no Ridley Scott, although they can play up the fact he was Hawkins.  Casting is key for this movie, and having a great trailer.  They really need to pull out all the stops to make this a hit.  And Arnold!!.. it must have Arnold.

Kaltes

If Arnold's in it then big money is pretty much guaranteed.

BishopShouldGo

No one's going to care that Shane was Hawkins.

Xan21

We dont need Arnold shoehorned in.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 05, 2016, 09:45:06 PM

While I'm confident in Black too, I don't think that alone will equal any great standout. The Nice Guys was hardly a massive movie. Granted, Black is aiming to do that this time around and I'll be curious to see how great a job he does.

I do think we'll be seeing an A-list cast member to bring in some extra numbers, probably some nostalgia based stuff to remind everyone how awesome Predator was.

I do think it'll be an uphill climb but I'm curious to see the strategy they take with it.

blood.

I hate to say it but Arnold is COMPLETELY washed up. PLS ahnold stay away.

As for how it will perform... I know it will do better then Mary Poppins Returns. It has to.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: bloodinthemud on Aug 08, 2016, 10:45:22 AM

As for how it will perform... I know it will do better then Mary Poppins Returns. It has to.
A couple of days ago in Vancouver, where Arnold is filming his latest movie:

This man still looks f**king badass, i so want to see Dutch return in The Predator, Shane, make it happen.

Corporal Hicks

Still hoping for him to return in some sort of advisory role.

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 08, 2016, 12:31:16 PM
Quote from: bloodinthemud on Aug 08, 2016, 10:45:22 AM

A couple of days ago in Vancouver, where Arnold is filming his latest movie:

This man still looks f**king badass, i so want to see Dutch return in The Predator, Shane, make it happen.

Given how badass Arnold looks like, there is no valid excuse to not cast him.

Johnny Handsome

John Davis basically talks about getting Arnold back since Arnold left the office, and Shane and the studio both want Arnold, because he is still very popular overseas, they know that.

I would really be surprised if Arnold won't end up in it, because right now everything looks really good for an Arnold appearance. Arnold has time, Shane obviously wanted to meet him... now it's all about money.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 08, 2016, 09:38:23 AM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Aug 05, 2016, 09:45:06 PM

While I'm confident in Black too, I don't think that alone will equal any great standout. The Nice Guys was hardly a massive movie. Granted, Black is aiming to do that this time around and I'll be curious to see how great a job he does.

I do think we'll be seeing an A-list cast member to bring in some extra numbers, probably some nostalgia based stuff to remind everyone how awesome Predator was.

I do think it'll be an uphill climb but I'm curious to see the strategy they take with it.

Well, Predator is a known quantity. When you add that in along with the movie being an event, and being legitimately good, the sky is the limit.

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 08, 2016, 04:39:27 PM
John Davis basically talks about getting Arnold back since Arnold left the office, and Shane and the studio both want Arnold, because he is still very popular overseas, they know that.

I would really be surprised if Arnold won't end up in it, because right now everything looks really good for an Arnold appearance. Arnold has time, Shane obviously wanted to meet him... now it's all about money.

I knew intuitively that Arnold wouldn't make those AvP and Predators cameos. But I really feel he'll make the appearance here. The right variables are all on the table. Arnold's always said he'd love to do another Predator, but the script had to be good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed