It was what I expected
13 (8.8%)
It fell short for me
16 (10.8%)
It was not good
15 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 148

Author
Sneak Peek with LegionFX Tomorrow - The Last Supper (Read 96,508 times)

harlequinade

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 24, 2017, 12:52:02 PM
Got a link? Same place as the first trailer description?

It's the guy on SuperheroHype forum whose friend gets to see films/trailers early./ You can take that info to the bank, he is always right http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=34851057&postcount=990

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, just found it.  :) Thanks. He's the same fella that provided the earlier description. Didn't end up completely as advertised but he got the shower scene right.

Ingwar

Quote from: harlequinade on Feb 24, 2017, 12:50:56 PM
New trailer for Covenant will most likely be attached to Logan, apparently there are lots of xenomorph shots

Xenomorphs shots? ;D

Russ840

Sounds cool. I'll be happy to see. New trailer. If it is attached to Logan that's not to far away.

HuDaFuK

Nice, going to see Logan with a big group in the near future.

KiramidHead

Quote from: harlequinade on Feb 24, 2017, 12:56:09 PM
You can take that info to the bank

To the blood bank... DUN DUN DUNDUNDUN

And dare I say it, I find all of these characters to be far more watchable and less annoying than Lambert.  :P

Dangerous Days

Quote from: Astronoë on Feb 24, 2017, 08:31:09 AM
Well, lowbrow Hollywood isn't beyond making sober reliable conservatives look bad n drunkard liberal hobo pilots in charge of safety of thousands of colonists look good.
I bet if u were one of the colonists u would pick differently.

Calm down, I wasn't making a political statement, just an observation about the dynamics of the scene.

One of the things I disliked most about Prometheus, was the lack of professionalism from the crew and the irrational, idiotic ways they behaved; so I wouldn't want to see it repeated in Covenant.

And yes, If I were one of the colonists, I would prefer a firm hand on the tiller. However, at a party, I don't think a sober conservative would be my first choice. ;)

Evanus

I was looking on the SuperHeroHype forum and I found this:
Spoiler
"The spaceship Covenant is transporting frozen embryos to a human colony on a faraway planet when they receive a distress signal from Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), from the Prometheus expedition, which disappeared 10 years prior. The crew is brought out of hypersleep to answer to the signal, which leads to the death of the Covenant's captain, Branson (James Franco). His wife, Daniels (Katherine Waterson), is deeply affected by the accident, while Branson's first officer Archer (Billy Crudup) is made captain. The Covenant is piloted by Daniels's friend Tennessee (Danny McBride) and the crew is aided by an android, Walter (Michael Fassbender).

The Covenant follows Shaw's signal to Paradise, an uncharted forest planet and homeworld of the Engineers, the ancient extraterrestrials that seeded life on Earth and then sought to the destroy it. The Engineers' secret weapon, the black ooze, has spread through Paradise, turning it into a wasteland. The Covenant's crew ventures outside their ship and some of its members are exposed to spores released by plants infected by the ooze. It is determined they've contracted an alien pathogen and Archer has them quarantined aboard the Covenant.

Monstrous creatures known as "Neomorphs" burst from the infected crewmen's bodies and begin slaughtering the crew, forcing the survivors to flee into the forest, where they are rescued from the Neomorphs by David (Michael Fassbender), the sole survivor of the Prometheus crew. He reveals that Shaw sacrificed herself to crash a spaceship against Paradise's surface, exposing the Engineers to the black ooze to prevent them from destroying Earth, leaving him stranded on Paradise.

David leads the survivors back to the Engineers' derelict citadel, where he's been living ever since. Walter mistrusts David, who is not behaving in accordance with their programming, and finds out that David in fact murdered Shaw. David's mind has been warped by the numerous modifications that his creator, Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce), made to his programming during the Prometheus's expedition, and is obsessed with creating the "perfect organism". He exposed numerous lifeforms on Paradise, including Shaw, to the black ooze and, after numerous failed attempts, has created an alien egg, which produces a facehugger that latches itself to Archer, leading to the birth of a Primal Xenomorph.

Daniels and Tennessee realize David is controlling the Neomorphs and escape back to the Covenant with Walter in order to leave Paradise. Together, Daniels and Tennessee manage to kill the Primal Xenomorph and the Neomorphs and detonate explosives to destroy David's laboratory, with David himself apparently perishing in the explosion.

After escaping, Daniels and Tennessee place themselves back in hypersleep to continue their voyage to the colony, unaware that David has killed Walter and stolen his identity to leave Paradise. David secretly plants two alien egg embryos among the human frozen embryos that the Covenant is transporting to proceed to the next phase of his experiment.

Possibly the next movie will show how engineers were not THE benevolant higher power beings we wanted them to be,they were just a race being pawns of another higher race or higher power but stronger and a lot more advanced within the same race.The engineers we see in lv 223 and 426 are not the same we will see in covenant. The covenant ones are not as advanced...they are like a "primal indigenous" version of the true engineers who mastered the black goo chemical,this engineers are evil and the next sequels will cover more about them and what the black goo is trully capable of,i heard the idea we will follow is that the xenomorph as we know it was never the ultimate organism just one of the variations of the very first "creature" the chemical was made off, at this moment we see the xeno as the big bad beast(queen mostly) but i believe we will have another one to worship as the true perfect organisms.
[close]
Sound pretty interesting. Most of it isn't new, but the end part is, I think. If the movie after Covenant is indeed like this person describes, I think it would be pretty cool. But Covenant isn't even out yet so anything can still happen, of course.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 24, 2017, 01:57:32 PM
Spoiler
"The spaceship Covenant is transporting frozen embryos to a human colony on a faraway planet when they receive a distress signal from Elizabeth Shaw (Noomi Rapace), from the Prometheus expedition, which disappeared 10 years prior. The crew is brought out of hypersleep to answer to the signal, which leads to the death of the Covenant's captain, Branson (James Franco). His wife, Daniels (Katherine Waterson), is deeply affected by the accident, while Branson's first officer Archer (Billy Crudup) is made captain. The Covenant is piloted by Daniels's friend Tennessee (Danny McBride) and the crew is aided by an android, Walter (Michael Fassbender).

The Covenant follows Shaw's signal to Paradise, an uncharted forest planet and homeworld of the Engineers, the ancient extraterrestrials that seeded life on Earth and then sought to the destroy it. The Engineers' secret weapon, the black ooze, has spread through Paradise, turning it into a wasteland. The Covenant's crew ventures outside their ship and some of its members are exposed to spores released by plants infected by the ooze. It is determined they've contracted an alien pathogen and Archer has them quarantined aboard the Covenant.

Monstrous creatures known as "Neomorphs" burst from the infected crewmen's bodies and begin slaughtering the crew, forcing the survivors to flee into the forest, where they are rescued from the Neomorphs by David (Michael Fassbender), the sole survivor of the Prometheus crew. He reveals that Shaw sacrificed herself to crash a spaceship against Paradise's surface, exposing the Engineers to the black ooze to prevent them from destroying Earth, leaving him stranded on Paradise.

David leads the survivors back to the Engineers' derelict citadel, where he's been living ever since. Walter mistrusts David, who is not behaving in accordance with their programming, and finds out that David in fact murdered Shaw. David's mind has been warped by the numerous modifications that his creator, Peter Weyland (Guy Pearce), made to his programming during the Prometheus's expedition, and is obsessed with creating the "perfect organism". He exposed numerous lifeforms on Paradise, including Shaw, to the black ooze and, after numerous failed attempts, has created an alien egg, which produces a facehugger that latches itself to Archer, leading to the birth of a Primal Xenomorph.

Daniels and Tennessee realize David is controlling the Neomorphs and escape back to the Covenant with Walter in order to leave Paradise. Together, Daniels and Tennessee manage to kill the Primal Xenomorph and the Neomorphs and detonate explosives to destroy David's laboratory, with David himself apparently perishing in the explosion.

After escaping, Daniels and Tennessee place themselves back in hypersleep to continue their voyage to the colony, unaware that David has killed Walter and stolen his identity to leave Paradise. David secretly plants two alien egg embryos among the human frozen embryos that the Covenant is transporting to proceed to the next phase of his experiment.

Possibly the next movie will show how engineers were not THE benevolant higher power beings we wanted them to be,they were just a race being pawns of another higher race or higher power but stronger and a lot more advanced within the same race.The engineers we see in lv 223 and 426 are not the same we will see in covenant. The covenant ones are not as advanced...they are like a "primal indigenous" version of the true engineers who mastered the black goo chemical,this engineers are evil and the next sequels will cover more about them and what the black goo is trully capable of,i heard the idea we will follow is that the xenomorph as we know it was never the ultimate organism just one of the variations of the very first "creature" the chemical was made off, at this moment we see the xeno as the big bad beast(queen mostly) but i believe we will have another one to worship as the true perfect organisms.
[close]
Sound pretty interesting. Most of it isn't new, but the end part is, I think. If the movie after Covenant is indeed like this person describes, I think it would be pretty cool. But Covenant isn't even out yet so anything can still happen, of course.
Very interesting.

lv_226

Spoiler

[close]

Well, shit, I think I just spoiled myself—why couldn't I stop myself? Needless to say.... this sounds really awesome!  ;D ;D ;D

Evanus

Quote from: lv_226 on Feb 24, 2017, 02:57:45 PM
Spoiler

[close]

Well, shit, I think I just spoiled myself—why couldn't I stop myself? Needless to say.... this sounds really awesome!  ;D ;D ;D
Haha, well at least you enjoyed it, so that's good. The movie is going to be awesome indeed, I think. Can't wait for the new trailer.

Denton Smalls

I'm glad most of you enjoyed the prologue, I did as well.

I think it was a great idea to have a predominance of couples because that might make the audience more invested in their relationships and genuinely distraught when spouses are killed.

I do hope they pull this off tho, because didn't one guy who saw a screening say that the characters are underdeveloped? And we have Fassbender saying the opposite in a recent interview...

I always thought of the alien films as character showcases that just happen to have monsters in them, not the opposite. I hope this is the case here because one of the things I was most disappointed about in Prometheus was the disgusting lack of any character development for secondaries, so much so that continuity was sloppily broken on occasion.

I wanted to actually care when Fifield went ballistic in the hanger, but as most of those killed didn't have names/lines, it was impossible.

Ingwar

More that 3 million views of Last Supper on YT so far. Is it a lot in terms of viral marketing?

Stolen

Oh it's really great ! More than 3 millions views on facebook too!

JokersWarPig

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
I hope David being the one who created the first Alien egg isn't true.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed