Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 01:01:08 PM
 :-X
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by Prez - Today at 12:53:52 PM
Quote from: SM on Today at 12:21:57 PMThey do. Rightfully so.

First season was slow but 2 through 4 were pretty great.

Bad Batch didn't have that first season problem.

^ this.
Recreational Area / Re: What made you happy today?
Last post by Prez - Today at 12:53:04 PM
Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Today at 10:45:56 AM
Quote from: Prez on May 02, 2024, 09:47:11 PMAlso today my son turns 27!! Hard to believe the little boy is not so little anymore. Proud dad. Very happy.

I don't think there's anything better that one can do is to raise children to be good people. Congrats

That being said yesterday was Free Comic Day. I had a very young ALIEN fan come into the shop. Proudly told me he'd seen all the movies.(guessing about 12) We had a nice conversation about which film was his favorite. He and his brother plopped down on the floor looking through comics & petting the store cat.  ;D

Polite,well mannered & freely spoke his mind.

Loved it!

Nice one. I took my two younger daughters on FCBD to the local comic bookstores here in Adelaide (we don't have that many to be honest). Was good fun to get out, grab a few freebies (I got the Gatchaman one I was after). My eldest daughter (13) has seen Alien - she liked it. Now trying to get her to watch the rest of the films with me.

Also what else made me happy - Second Easter celebrations this weekend (my wife is Orthodox). More great food and catchups with the extended family. My waistline isn't so happy.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by Prez - Today at 12:50:57 PM
Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Today at 10:43:24 AMBut P2 was a big box office disappointment.

Oh shhh. Stop being factual  ;D  ;D  ;D
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien Romulus Rating Predi...
Last post by Rankles75 - Today at 12:50:20 PM
I haven't enjoyed an Alien movie in near on 40 years (Covenant had some decent moments when it wasn't focusing on David crap), so it's hard for me to be overly optimistic. Film series very rarely bounce back after the quality dips. That being said, I liked the teaser trailer and most of what I've heard about Romulus. I'm going in expecting a 5 or 6 out of 10, with at least some hope of being pleasantly surprised.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Why Alien: Romulus pits th...
Last post by T Dog - Today at 12:49:18 PM
Xeno reminds me of a bulldog or pitbull for some unknown reason.

The mechanical head of big chap will always be my favourite "head".
Recreational Area / Re: Last TV Show You Watched
Last post by Ingwar - Today at 12:42:21 PM
Just finished Fargo 5, my favourite Fargo season. Top tier!

Now I'm sure that Alien by Noah will be something special.
If this movie does poorly financially I reckon Marvel will be having a massive rethink going forward.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by SM - Today at 12:21:57 PM
They do. Rightfully so.

First season was slow but 2 through 4 were pretty great.

Bad Batch didn't have that first season problem.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed